GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Hello

I was reading thru these threads just now and from BM13, Punjab Da puttar and Nadodi's cases, it seems the trend is more towards chances of an RFE for my Father's non-availability letter(NAL). I sent everything before I read this thread and hence sent only copy of the NAL, maybe if I had read earlier, I would have sent the original(however, I sent FC-029 form which says that everything is a true copy and maybe is not advisable to send original unless asked for in an RFE).

Regardless of that, the timeline seems exciting and I will be active here in this thread and hope to hear from you guys often. All the Best,

If Both I-130/I-485 transfer to CSC, it may show that you may get GC without interview at local DO. After CSC approval your case, they will sent you a welcome notice with card ordered. So don't worry, it's good news.

Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

I am planning to sponser GC for my mother.

We are planning to file both I-130 + I-485 simultaneously.

Our concern is my mother's last name is missing in my birth certificate.

I am really worried if it would trigger an RFE.

Please let me know what are other secondary evidences I have to submit along with my birth certificate while filiing I-130 and I-485 for my mother.

Gurus please help !

Thank you.

Case update

Online message changed to "...APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office..."

Online message changed to "...APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office..."

Hi,

I am planning to sponser GC for my mother.

We are planning to file both I-130 + I-485 simultaneously.

Our concern is my mother's last name is missing in my birth certificate.

I am really worried if it would trigger an RFE.

Please let me know what are other secondary evidences I have to submit along with my birth certificate while filiing I-130 and I-485 for my mother.

Gurus please help !

Thank you.

Thanks for the information.

Yes, I would get 2 affidavits from my mother's siblings. Would that be sufficient or is there anything else that we need submit as secondary evidence.

Appreciate your help.

I guess someone else who had this similar issue could help you more. I just sent in the affidavit as a precaution. Maybe if your previous native passport has mother's name, you could enclose copies of that too. If you are from India, I think you can request the Indian consulate in your region for a birth certificate which may have your mother's name also in it , please confirm with other gurus. Good luck! Also here are some links of other threads with birth certificate issues, may be helpful to just gain some more info:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...ghlight=birth+certificate+houston#post1623641
http://www.immigrationportal.com/sh...ghlight=birth+certificate+houston#post1268214
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=161016&highlight=birth+certificate+houston

Filed for I-130 for my father.

Hi there,
I was wondering if there was any seperate thread for I-130 for parents timeline. I am posting my details here.

I-130 for father
-------------------------------------------------------------
April 5 2008: [Day 0 ] Mailed the packet to LockBox
April 10: [Day 5 ] Receipt Date
April 11: [Day 6 ] Checks cashed
April 11: [Day 6 ] Online message - Service center - Vermont
-------------------------------------------------------------

I have the "Notarial certificate of relationship" from Notary public office in China.

the content is
Applicant: (Dad's name),male, (date of birth), now residing (address)
(Mom's name),female, (date of birth), now residing (address)
Related person: (my name), male, (date of birth), now residing in the United States of America.
This is to certify that (Dad's name) is the husband of (Mom's name), is the father of (my name). (Mom's name) is the mother of (my name).

Do they need to get the Affidavit of Birth and Affidavit of Marriage? (they don't have a birth certificate as their age, and they don't keep their marriage certificate handy either, probably hidden somewhere over decades) Can they use this notary instead?

Thanks a lot for your response!

Hi AAABBBCCC,

I don't have first-hand experience with your question. But based on my research, the notarial documents from GongZhengChu are accepted as official. I saw posts from other web forums that people brought them for GC interview in GuangZhou without any problem.

Please Help

I am applying for both my parents who are in US on Visitors Visa. I have following questions.

1. Should I mail Form I130/I485/I864/I131 for both my parents in single envelope or 1 for my mother and 1 for my father.

2. I am filling seperate forms I130/I485/I864/I131 for my parents. In form I864 Part 5 Sponsors House Hold Size should I enter "4" ( Myself, Spouse, Father, Mother) or "3" ( Myself, Spouse, Father) in father's petition and 3" ( Myself, Spouse, Mother) in Mother's petition.

Please Help.....

I am applying for both my parents who are in US on Visitors Visa. I have following questions.

1. Should I mail Form I130/I485/I864/I131 for both my parents in single envelope or 1 for my mother and 1 for my father.

2. I am filling seperate forms I130/I485/I864/I131 for my parents. In form I864 Part 5 Sponsors House Hold Size should I enter "4" ( Myself, Spouse, Father, Mother) or "3" ( Myself, Spouse, Father) in father's petition and 3" ( Myself, Spouse, Mother) in Mother's petition.

Please Help.....

1 .The way most of us do is to have Applications for Mom and Dad in seperate Priority mail Flat rate envelopes and then enclose both in one bigger Priority Mail Envelope that will be stamped(So that both applications go out together).

2. It is correct, you should file seperate petitions and hence seperate I-864 for each parent. You should enter 4 in both petitions since both will be your dependents).

Ds-230

Hi all,
I am the agent for my parents , for DS-230 part I, the applicant ie my parents should sign the part I or being an agent can I sign the application.
In that case I have to send the application to India and get the singature of my parents? Is this right?
Please help me .
Thank you
Roseram

AP and EAD approved

My Timeline

----------------------------------------------------------------------

This is for both my parents -
SENT 485, 131, 765 on 3/3/2008 (130 already approved)
Received Receipt Notices - 03/13/2008
Received FP Notices - 03/15/2008
Completed FP on 3/26/2008
Received RFE for Birth Certificate on 3/28/2008
Sent RFE reponse on 3/29/2008
RFE response received by USCIS on 3/31/2008
LUD, Message and EMail from USCIS for 485 - RFE response received and case resumed - 04/02/2008
AP and EAD Approval Emails - 05/13/2008

can people post their timelines?

Can those who have applications in process post their timelines?

Thanks,
-ML

5/13/08 - Parent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Hello I am the newbie for applying GC for my parents who are currently in U.S. through vistor visa. Here is my few question,

1) I-693 Medical Examination
While filing I-130 & I-485, is it required to file I-693 concurrently? if I do not file at the time, what is the chance to be requested to file it afterwards? Any experience to share?

2) I-131 (advance parole) & I-765 (authorization for employment)
If filling both of these application while filling I-130 & I-485 concurrently, would it delay the I-130 & I-485's process?

3) General question about the meaning of RFE?

Thank you very much for all your advise!

1) I-693 Medical Examination
While filing I-130 & I-485, is it required to file I-693 concurrently? if I do not file at the time, what is the chance to be requested to file it afterwards? Any experience to share?

Per the 485 instructions, I-693 is initial required evidence. So you'll probably get an RFE if it is missing, or technically they could deny the app and force you to reapply. I wouldn't risk throwing away the $1300 (per person) for lack of the medical exam. But I have no specific experience since I've always included every piece of required evidence in all my USCIS apps.

2) I-131 (advance parole) & I-765 (authorization for employment)
If filling both of these application while filling I-130 & I-485 concurrently, would it delay the I-130 & I-485's process?
Shouldn't delay the process. I-131 and I-765 are processed separately and much faster than the 485. The purpose is to permit some privileges of the 485 while the app is in process.

3) General question about the meaning of RFE?
"RFE" = Request for Evidence. They send a notice asking for additional evidence if you are missing initial evidence, or if your case brings up questions where they need further evidence.

-ML

5/13/08 - Parent I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 mailed to Chicago Lockbox
waiting on reply...