GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Does anybody know how long does it take to get the I-864 and DS-230 form from NVC? I-130 got approved in Dec-07.
nadodi - how do I get the Non availability certificate for birth and marriage?
Thanks for your help.

Does anybody know how long does it take to get the I-864 and DS-230 form from NVC? I-130 got approved in Dec-07.
nadodi - how do I get the Non availability certificate for birth and marriage?
Thanks for your help.

This is an aprroximate text from the RFE I received for my mother's application:

Birth Certificates
Available. Prior to l970, the reporting of births was voluntary. Birth certificates of Europeans, Anglo-Indians, Armenian Christians, Jews and Parsis born prior to l970 may be obtained from the State Registrar General of Births, Deaths, and Marriages. No standard or uniform certificate is issued by the authorities. In addition, acceptable certificates may often be obtained from the municipal and rural registration records, which are maintained under the state laws. Europeans, Anglo-Indians, and Indian Christians are usually able to obtain church baptismal certificates.

Under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act of l969, births are required to be registered in almost all of the States and Union Territories of India. Birth certificates are available to any applicant born on or after April l, l970, upon payment of a nominal fee to the appropriate authority.

In cases where birth certificates from the authorities are unavailable or contain insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents, a sworn affidavit executed by either the parents, if living, or other close relatives older than the applicant, may be submitted. It should set forth the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the deponent knows the applicant, date and place of the applicant's birth, the names of both parents, and any other related facts. Such an affidavit, when a birth certificate is unavailable, should be accompanied by a document from a competent governmental authority confirming that the certificate does not exist, or no longer exists..

This is the info you need:

"...Such an affidavit, when a birth certificate is unavailable, should be accompanied by a document from a competent governmental authority confirming that the certificate does not exist, or no longer exists
..."

My Mom's CP - few questions

I am waiting to receive DS 230 form from NVC for my Mom.
I have few questions. Can you please help me here.

1. Do we need to send passport size photos with DS 230 along with
passport photo copies?

2 Do we need to send DS 230- Part II also to NVC without signing that form?

3. My Mom is widow and can't understand english nor speak fluently.
So, is it required that I should plan my india trip for her interview
in order for me go inside with her?

Can you please take few minutes to clarify my questions.

Thanks a lot.

So glad that I found this thread! I am going to take Oath on April 10th, and thinking about apply for GC for my parents, in fact, that’s the sole reason I am going through the naturalization process. ...
:

I am offended by your post. You only want to be a US citizen so you can sponsor your relatives to live in the US. I'm sure be a terrible ambassador of good will for the US with this attitude.

Concerned4us, I apologized for offending you, please don’t take it personal.

I believe that many people understand the initial concern of being a US citizen would mean much more trouble to me to travel back my homeland, I would stuck in getting the Visa and spend much more energy and money on the applying for Visa (just nightmares from opposite direction). Holding the GC would mean so much more convenience for me to travel back to visit my folks there..

However, as I am approaching the finish line of this process, and realize that I am going to get Voting right this year, which will make me such a proud citizen. I guess all the troubles in getting it and the future hassels will be well worth it.

Thank you very much for your response! I think you are right, So, you did apply i-485 for your parents as soon as they got here?

I am going to get the applications ready soon.

Filing 130-485 at chicago lockbox is much faster.

I do not believe in 30/60/90 day rule. Law allows parents/spouses of citizens to adjust status even if they have been unlawful residents without any penalty.

I filed I-130 last year and it took 7 months to get approved. My parents already had plans to be here. So after they came here, I filed 485.

FP is already done!
This is for both my parents -
SENT 485, 131, 765 on 3/3/2008 (130 already approved)
Received Receipt Notices - 03/13/2008
Received FP Notices - 03/15/2008
Completed FP on 3/26/2008
Received RFE for Birth Certificate on 3/28/2008
Sent RFE reponse on 3/29/2008
RFE response received by USCIS on 3/31/2008
LUD, Message and EMail from USCIS for 485 - RFE response received and case resumed - 04/02/2008

What is DS-230? I didn't see it on the first page.
(Sorry for naive question, tried with a quick search, I didn't find out the answer.)

I am waiting to receive DS 230 form from NVC for my Mom.
I have few questions. Can you please help me here.

1. Do we need to send passport size photos with DS 230 along with
passport photo copies?

2 Do we need to send DS 230- Part II also to NVC without signing that form?

3. My Mom is widow and can't understand english nor speak fluently.
So, is it required that I should plan my india trip for her interview
in order for me go inside with her?

Can you please take few minutes to clarify my questions.

Thanks a lot.

Citizen08,

I'm glad you acknowledge that citizenship has responsibilities as well as rights. Being a good citizen is hard work; now you have to start paying attention the candidates position statements so you can cast a well informed vote! :)

CEE

Interview common for parents AOS?

Hi Guys,

Is an interview a routine part of a AOS processing for USC's parents? If so, is the USC expected to accompany the parent(s) to the interview? I just filed for my parents' AOS. They are currently staying with my sister in Kansas - so that is the address I used for the app. I wanted to see if I'd need to fly to Kansas for their AOS interviews.

P.S. Many thanks to Praetorian and Austriacus you answered my queries on filling out the application forms.

Last edited by a moderator:
My Mom's CP processing ..

Here is the timeline so far ..

I-130 RD 07/18/07
I-130 AD 12/12/07
NVC Case # 01/10/08
NVC Received DS-3032 03/03/08
NVC Received $70.00 for processing I-864 (Affidavit of support) 03/22/08

So far I have not received any communication from NVC. Have a few questions
1.Could you please let me know whwta would be next steps in the process?
2.When will the case be transferred to chennai consulate?
3.Do I need you submit only photocopies or originals for DS230 and I-864?

My mom is widow and I do not have the birth and marriage registration certificates.

Many thanks for your help.

Here is the timeline for my mom's application:
3/01/08: I-130/I-485
3/09/08: Checks cashed
3/10/08: RD all
3/20/08: Received FP notice (4/02)
3/24/08: LUD and see I-130
3/29/08: RFE I-485 for original non-availability of Birth cert.

4/02/08: FP completed
4/05/08: RFE reply sent by USPS certified mail (for tracking).
4/08/08: RFE reply received at USCIS
4/09/08: See I-485 case also online with RFE received message and LUD(04/09/08)

Last edited by a moderator:
I-130 time line

HI all,
Thank you very much for everybody for posting their experiences and giving tips to others.
My parents I-130 for CP has been approved and we have a ?. My parents live in India.If they choose me as their agent would that slow down things any further or everything would be fine?
Also after appoval how long does it take to give the case number in NVC and the total time at NVC?
Here is our timeline:
I-130 sumbitted on OCT-05-2007
RD-Jan-09-2008
AD-Apr-04-2008

CP last stage NVC procedure changed - Latest update

I applied for my mother GC and we are in last stage where I received DS 230
form instructions today.

So far I was told by forum that I need to have my mother's birth certificate, police clearance certificate etc at the time of interview. But in the letter I received, it clearly says, I need to send all those documents in original.

We are in the process of obtaining PCC from passport office but by reading the instructions from NVC, we need PCC only from local police authority and no need to get passport office PCC.

If anybody in the same boat as mine, until now, i wasn't aware of meaning of my mom's NVC case number letters. Her starts with NWD - I found today that it is New Delhi Consulate and she is from A.P.

I talked to NVC agent and they said I need to send a mail to request change of consulate.

If anyone in the same stage with their parents CP, can they please confirm this new changes NVC made?

Thanks.

I-130

HI Visa Time
IF your mom's passport has been obtained in less than 6 months from the date you have submitted the details to NVC , no need to get the PCC from Regional Passport Office.
Can you help me with these ?s
Are you the agent for your mom? And is NVC asking you send the birht certificate and PCC to send in originals to NVC or ND consulate?
Also could you please post the timeline from the date of approval from Service center in USA ie please post the NVC timeline
Thanks in advance

HI Visa Time
IF your mom's passport has been obtained in less than 6 months from the date you have submitted the details to NVC , no need to get the PCC from Regional Passport Office.

That is my point - they don't even mention of passport issues in 6 month or not.
All they say is (as per their document info link)

is living in their country of nationality at their current residence for more than 6 months

the police authorities of that locality.

Can you help me with these ?s
Are you the agent for your mom? And is NVC asking you send the birht certificate and PCC to send in originals to NVC or ND consulate?

Yes, I am her agent.
Yes, NVC asking to send all these documents to NVC U.S address.
This is some thing I learned new. All these days, as per forum members, I was under impression that we need to get those ready for interview. This maybe a new change in NVC process.

Also could you please post the timeline from the date of approval from Service center in USA ie please post the NVC timeline
Thanks in advance

I-130 applied ~ July 2nd week 2007
Recvd AOS fee bill on 02/19/08
Sent check on 02/20/08
Agent 3032 form sent on 02/26/08
Recvd DS 3032 at NVC on 03/03/08
I-864 Forms Recvd on 03/10/08
I-864EZ mailed it on 03/12/08
IV bill generated on 03/10/08 by automated msg
IV bill recvd on 03/18/08
IV bill sent on 03/19/08
DS-230 recvd on 04/16/08

Case update...

3/01/08: I-130/I-485 mailed
3/24/08: LUD and see I-130 online
4/16/08: Both I-130 and I-485 transferred to CSC (am in Dallas, no idea why it was transferred to CSC?)

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for your input.

I-130

I-130 applied ~ July 2nd week 2007
Recvd AOS fee bill on 02/19/08
Sent check on 02/20/08
Agent 3032 form sent on 02/26/08
Recvd DS 3032 at NVC on 03/03/08
I-864 Forms Recvd on 03/10/08
I-864EZ mailed it on 03/12/08
IV bill generated on 03/10/08 by automated msg
IV bill recvd on 03/18/08
IV bill sent on 03/19/08
DS-230 recvd on 04/16/08

I am not the agent yet.
Application is not approved yet.My parents live in Guntur, AP.
I am gathering information to become the agent.
How much time it took for NVC to send the AOS fee bill after the approval of the I-130 petetion from Cervice center?

Also as per the information we have with our friends in this forum experiences,
parents need to take the PCC and BC with them (originals)
May be now the rules are changing.Thank you so much for your help
Good luck to you mom
Roseram

2nd Fingure Print Notice for Father

Hi LKBECTZ;

Sorry, for late reply !!!

I am not sure how can I findout that since I don't have the envelope ? I have finished my father fingure print today afternoon.

I asked the question to the guy who took his fingureprint and according to them I-765 required only 1 fingure and I-485 required all 10 fingure Prints. According to him once you get old it's difficult to get the fingure prints. My father is around 68.

BM13

3/01/08: I-130/I-485 mailed
3/24/08: LUD and see I-130 online
4/16/08: Both I-130 and I-485 transferred to CSC (am in Dallas, no idea why it was transferred to CSC?)

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance for your input.

If Both I-130/I-485 transfer to CSC, it may show that you may get GC without interview at local DO. After CSC approval your case, they will sent you a welcome notice with card ordered. So don't worry, it's good news.

2nd Fingure Print Notice

I saw other topic in this forums if 2rd FP not completed, may get police report.

NO, I didn't submit any police Report. Once again, just so you know that my parents were here on Visitor and I have applied the change of status.

Did the guy do the FP for your father again for I-765 this time?

No, only for I-485.

For the Svc Center which sent your father 2 rd FP notice, you can also find on 2rd FP Notice, besides your dad A#, if it is indicated MSC, then means National Benefits Center, same called Missouri Svc Center.

Service Center: MSC

BM13