GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Interview Lima - Peru

Hello All, I'm a USC that applied for my parents last year, I heard on 03.03.2008 that the case was completed.
We submitted all the documents to NVC as they asked (ORIGINAL DOCs), now I'm checking the same link we got in one of their instructions packets:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

For Interview:
Ensure that all necessary original documents will be available at the time of the interview
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3741.html

This means that we have to get ALL the certificates all over again?
What do they send from the NVC to the consulate?

I hope you can help me with this.

Thank you,

Mors

My Mom's GC is approved and I sent I-864. Now my mom has received some papers. I still need to know from her, what and all are that. Can anyone who has experience, tell me what set of papers my mom would have received?

TIA

DS230 new rules

Dear HydMom
My mother had a succeful interview on 2/26.
We did not need to resubmit the I 864. It says so clearly in the packet 4 as well.

Amerikan,

I am going through the GC process for my mom (CP). I talked to the NVC people today. We do have to send the photos, Birth certificate, PCC etc now itself.

HydMom:
Do you have a sample Police clearance certificate? My mom is in Hyd and is a widow too. We have reached the DS230 stage as well.

If you don't mind we can talk on phone off line too.

Amerikan,

I am going through the GC process for my mom (CP). I talked to the NVC people today. We do have to send the photos, Birth certificate, PCC etc now itself.

HydMom:
Do you have a sample Police clearance certificate? My mom is in Hyd and is a widow too. We have reached the DS230 stage as well.

If you don't mind we can talk on phone off line too.

My mom got a letter asking her to pay $400 fees for the application process. I
thought we paid all the fees. is this is the normal procedure. My mom is in chennai, widow too.

I'm a US Citizen and planning to apply for my parents GC. My parents are in India now and they are planning to visit me in May, 2008. Can I apply for I-130 now? When they come here, can I apply for AOS?

TIA

Hi Mors,

How long did it take NVC to complete your case and forward to consulate?
Did NVC schedule the interview too?

I just submitted original certificates and pictures of my mom to NVC and trying to figure out NVC review and forward time. I was told by NVC operator
that interview will be scheduled by NVC. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Hello All, I'm a USC that applied for my parents last year, I heard on 03.03.2008 that the case was completed.
We submitted all the documents to NVC as they asked (ORIGINAL DOCs), now I'm checking the same link we got in one of their instructions packets:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_1335.html

For Interview:
Ensure that all necessary original documents will be available at the time of the interview
http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3741.html

This means that we have to get ALL the certificates all over again?
What do they send from the NVC to the consulate?

I hope you can help me with this.

Thank you,

Mors

Urgnet... AOS for Parents Query

Hi;

I have recently filed for my parents AOS and today morning I have received the query for their brith certificates.

I did submitted the copy of their birth certificates affidavit alongwith school leaving certificates copies.

Here is a Details.....

Birth Certificates
Available. Prior to l970, the reporting of births was voluntary. Birth certificates of Europeans, Anglo-Indians, Armenian Christians, Jews and Parsis born prior to l970 may be obtained from the State Registrar General of Births, Deaths, and Marriages. No standard or uniform certificate is issued by the authorities. In addition, acceptable certificates may often be obtained from the municipal and rural registration records, which are maintained under the state laws. Europeans, Anglo-Indians, and Indian Christians are usually able to obtain church baptismal certificates.

Under the Registration of Births and Deaths Act of l969, births are required to be registered in almost all of the States and Union Territories of India. Birth certificates are available to any applicant born on or after April l, l970, upon payment of a nominal fee to the appropriate authority.

In cases where birth certificates from the authorities are unavailable or contain insufficient information regarding the birth or the parents, a sworn affidavit executed by either the parents, if living, or other close relatives older than the applicant, may be submitted. It should set forth the relationship between the deponent and the applicant, how well the deponent knows the applicant, date and place of the applicant's birth, the names of both parents, and any other related facts. Such an affidavit, when a birth certificate is unavailable, should be accompanied by a document from a competent governmental authority confirming that the certificate does not exist, or no longer exists !!!

Please reply me asap.

Thanks;

BM13

I'm a US Citizen and planning to apply for my parents GC. My parents are in India now and they are planning to visit me in May, 2008. Can I apply for I-130 now? When they come here, can I apply for AOS?

TIA

Not only should you not apply I-130 before their entry, it may be a good idea to wait at least 60 days after their entry to apply (based on 30-60 day rule). Doing otherwise will make their application for admission to the US fraudulent, i.e. having immigrant intent while entering as visitors.

Hi roseram,

Here is the time line:

I-130 filed 04-2007
I-130 AD 10-2007
I-164, Submitted 11-2007
Received DS-230 PartI,II 12-2007
Docs submitted to NVC 03-10-2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Mom needs to visit India - interview?

I filed concurrent i-130/i-485/i-131 for my mother. PD is 12/17. Her FP is complete and her case was transferred to California and received Advance Parole. I just received the I-130 approval. She is planning to go to India in mid-April. I read somewhere that if a case is transferred to California, it does not need interview. Is that true? How long after i-130 approval does it take to get interview notice/I-485 approval? Is there enough time between interview notice and actual interview? Is it advisable to reschedule?

Also I read about some people getting their passport stamped. Is that during the interview?

This thread has been a great help to me and I would really appreciate any answers.

Thanks,
Sree

RFE for Parents Birth Certificate (I-765, I-485 AOS)

Hi;

I have received the REF for my parents's birth certificate. I am able to manage the Birth Affidavit from Two relatives but not able to manage the "No Birth Record" certficate.

So, I don't have the "No birth Record Certificate for my mom". I am able to manage that certificate for my dad.

What should I do for my mom ? She was born in small village of India and they don't have any system like that.

Also, Do I need to send the Original copies of Affidavit and "No Birth Record Certificate" since they have mentioned in the notice "an original statment".

Please reply me asap.

Thanks;

BM13

Hey BM13

I am in the same boat..RFE for both my mom and dad -same thing Birth Certificate

My dad applied bc at local authorities. They wrote on the application 'birth record not available with us'. This is all i have. I am also giving 2 affidavits. Just mailed the response. lets see what happens.

Hey PunjabDaPuttar !!!

We have to submit the Original or copies of Affidavit and No Birth Record Certificate ?

I am not able to manager the "No Birth Record Certificate" for my Mom. What Should I do ? Do you think Just Affidavit and her school Leaving certificate is valid ?

I was going thru the posts and someone suggest the No birth Record certificate from Indian Consulate ?

http://www.indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=412

Do you think that's valid ?

Thanks;

BM13

Its very confusing

We have to submit the Original or copies of Affidavit and No Birth Record Certificate ?

I am not able to manager the "No Birth Record Certificate" for my Mom. What Should I do ? Do you think Just Affidavit and her school Leaving certificate is valid ?

I was going thru the posts and someone suggest the No birth Record certificate from Indian Consulate ?

http://www.indiacgny.org/php/showContent.php?linkid=412

Do you think that's valid ?

Thanks;

BM13

My thought is that you have to have a non-availability certificate, if you do not have it from municipal authorities, then at least attach the non-availability from consulate.

RFE for Birth Certificate

Hi PunjabDaPutar;

As you know that I have received the RFE for my parents for Birth Certificate. Now the confussion part is that in notice they have mentioned that "If the birth certificate is not available, per Titel 8 Code of Federal Regulations, Section 103.2(b)(2)(ii), you must submit "an original written statement on gov. letterheaed establishing this from the relevant gov. or other authority".

So, based on the notice they are requesting for the Original statment.

Please let me know what should I do, since this is RFE.

1. Can I submit copy of "No birth Record Certificate" ?
2. Can I submit copy of "Birth Certificate Affidavit" ?

Do you mind to send me your contact info. at: MannyShah13@Gmail.com ?

Thanks;

BM13

RFE Birth certificate

Hi PunjabDaPuttar and BM13,

I received the same RFE for my parents even though I had submitted 2 affidavits each from 2 of their relatives alongwith the original application. We ended up getting the non-availability letter from India. There is a website that may be of help to you www.yourmaninindia.com. We could not use it because my parents were born in Pakistan just before partition and then moved to India shortly after partition. This website will only work with people that were born in India.

Also, we went to the Indian consulate and they gave us a birth certificate as per the passport entry. I would recommend getting that while trying to work on the non-availability letter.

Thanks.