GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Hi All,
My Mother has a interview at chennai embassy,
1. During the submission of ds 230 form to NVC we filled in Spouse Information as N/A as my dad had expired.In Chennai embassy site they say not to write N/A.What should I do.Does my mom has to fill the information regarding my dad and write as Deceased in Paranthesis .
2.Do I require to submit I 864 form again at VFS
3.My Mom does not have Marriage certificate and cannot get it as my dad is no more,after browsing the entire forums and did not get any info.Please advice me regarding these questions.I would really appreciate if someone could clarify my doubts

Thanks All
Hydmom

Hydmom,
Can you kindly provide your timeline. It will be great help!

AOS for my Parents !!! (Urgent)

Hi;

I just became citizien on Last Month 1/14/08. My parents are here on Visitor Visa and it's expiring on 3/24/08.

I am wondering if I can file their AOS and sponser their Green Card. Please let me know what forms do I need to sumit to INS and how early do I have to File ?

Please reply me with your detail email.

Thanks;

BM13

Can I file I-130 and 485 at the same time for my parents?
If my parents are in US on visitor visa, can they legally stay till final approval once we file I-130 (or 485)?

Please advise. Thanks

I-130 for parents

Hi all,
What is a priority date for the I-130 for parents in India application?
Is it the date application recieved by service center or the reciept date?
Please reply me.
Advance thanks
Roseram

I-130

thanks for the reply
I know parents of USC are immidiate relatives but I need to calculate the time frame , for example I am calculating the approval time for I 130 , 6 months approx from the date of application recieved at the service center or 6 months from the date of reciept notice.Thants what I have meant.
Sorry about the confusion I have created.
Thank you again

Thank you for your reply.
for ? #2 : My parents have been given an envelope that they have to give to the immigration officer as soon as they enter the US. they have till mid june to come. that's why i was asking if that envelope will be going to the nearest UCSIS office, or will it be forwarded to the one in Seattle, and therefore the cards will be sent to my address!?

i think that's what is going to happen right?

Thanks again

I do not think it is going to be forwarded to USCIS office in Seattle. I believe USCIS has centralized processing for that and GC is printed in Texas. It will be sent to the address that your parents gave in their application (probably your addr).

Dear HydMom
My mother had a succeful interview on 2/26.
We did not need to resubmit the I 864. It says so clearly in the packet 4 as well.

Question about DS230. I did this 3 months ago for my mom, and am pretty sure that I did not attach any photo graphs. (she had a successful interview in chennai this week )
My wife is now at the same stage for her mom , and looking thru the DS230 requirements it talks about attaching the photos, birth cert/marriage cert now itself. Have the rules changed ?
Does anyone know what documents need to be added while mailing the DS230 to the NVC ?

I am a U.S Citizen, planning to apply GC for my parents.

Like to know what will be the best way to file for GC.

I understand if the person is in US then we have to file for AOS , if outside US then you file for CP.

My parents are currently in India. I can ask them to come to US as a visitor and then apply AOS for them when they are here in US. Is that correct?

what is the advantage and disadvantage of doing a AOS and CP? and which one is fast?

Appreciate any info. Thanks.

I-130

I have submitted I-130 CP for my parents in India.
Today I have recieved the notice from USCIS stating that they need further evidence to prove my date and place of birth (I have submitted the birth certificate, which was taken 15 years later my date of birt).
I am planning to take affidavits from my family members and close friends of my parents to prove the date and place of bith.
What other documents do they expect regarding the further evidence?
Please reply me soon.
Thank you very much.
Roseram

Roseram

Affidavits should do it. Can't think of anything else. MAke sure that the translation of your BC is properly done if your BC is not in English. If you need a translation, you need to attest that its correct and true translation and person translating is competent in Hindi to English translation.

I-130

About the affidavits,
How many affidavits should I prepare ?
INS asked for atleast for 2?
Advance thanks
Roseram

Depends

on how many RFEs you got. If you got one RFE then it will be RFE response letter + 2 affidavits from 2 different relatives.

If you got 2 RFEs (one for each parent which I did), then you will submit 2 RFE response letters + 4 affidavits (from 2 different relatives).

Hope it helps

I-130

Thank you very much for your reply.
Is that advisable to submit 5 affidavits for each RFE?
Just curious ? Would that give any imp to the issue or damage things?
Thanks in advance
Roseram

Why do that?

I think its a fairly common problem and the standard solution is to give 2 affidavits. This is documented in the Instructions for the USCIS forms as well.

So, why the overkill? There is probably no harm but why make it look suspicious.

Just have 2 well made affidavits which are notarized and be done.