GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Fees I-130

Anyone know the latest on the status of the bill that limits the number of visas for parents to 40k (as opposed to unlimited right now)?

Also, how much will the fee increase for I130 + CP be post 7/30 (fee hike)?

Hi:

I-130 filing fees will be $355 per applicant from July 30, 2007.
The comprehensive immigration reform bill was killed in the senate on the second vote and most probably will not be resurrected until after the presidential election in late 2008. So for now it seems like the immigration bill will not be presented in the senate again until December 2008 or January 2009 but again, please do not quote me on this. So in other words the visa limit will remain unlimited until then for parents.

Thanks and good luck.

GC for parents-Parenets already in US on Visit Visa

Hi,

can some advise below questions based on your experiance.

We( US Citizen) are planning to file GC for parents.They are already here on visiting visa.

If we file the GC application for them and if they get the interview in between

1) Can they attend the interview here at any of the Immigration offices?

2) Should they go back to India and attend the interview at there home consulate.

Hi,

can some advise below questions based on your experiance.

We( US Citizen) are planning to file GC for parents.They are already here on visiting visa.

If we file the GC application for them and if they get the interview in between

1) Can they attend the interview here at any of the Immigration offices?

2) Should they go back to India and attend the interview at there home consulate.

You are mixing up two different things.

Adjustment of Status (AOS) needs to be completed entirely (including interview) in USA. Although applicant can travel outside of USA and reenter on approved Advance Parole. AOS interview typically will be done at the district office having jurisdiction over your address.

Consular Processing (CP) is for parents who are not in USA and will be interviewed in home consulate. The initial step of filing petition by US citizen to be done in US.

Please refer to first page of this thread, USCIS website and NVC (Dept of State) website for more info

Hi,

I am trying to file GC for my parents. They entered US on B-2 (Visitor) visa. On their visa, the remarks are "not intended to stay over 4 months, extend the stay and adjust status". However, the officer at POE gave them 6 months stay in US.

Questions:
1. Can I file the GC applications for them in US via AOS?
2. If I file AOS for them, is it possible that the applications will be rejected?

Thanks in advance.

What could happen on my mom's case?

I submitted the I130/1485 for both of my mom and my dad on 4/20/2007. Now my dad's case(bothi130and i485)was approved, but my mom's case (I130/I485) is still pending, I want to know what could happen on my mom's case? Normally how long apart will my mom's be approved, should I call them if my mom's case is still pending in one month? I am a little bit worried about my mom's case. Because I submitted my mom's case less than one month after she came to USA. My parents didn't come to USA at same time.
Thanks for reply.

hi!
Im from NY, i applied for my parent's I-130 last Feb 2007.
I received the Transfer Notice to California Service Center last May.

Then, I recently got the approval letter (2 weeks ago)
Now, Im waiting for the Affidavit of Support letter/fees and Visa fees (w/c i think would be the next 2 steps?)

Now my question is, can my mom (she has a tourist visa) come over to California for a visit (baptismal) on August, Sept. and October? Will it affect the petition?

My dad's not coming for a visit, so he can receive any letter/packet that will arrive. Im just worried about my mom.

When do you think will i get the Affidavit forms and fees? From there, how long do you think will they get their packets?

Tnx! :)

Chennai Interview

Hi,
My parents have got their interviews 2 days apart in Chennai Consulate. My mom cannot speak English and she has problems standing or walking for long duration due to a surgery. Can I accompany her to the interview assisting her to get to the interview counter and help through the process ? If I take my US passport, will they let me accompany her ?

I sent an email to the consulate trying to find out if I can reschedule both to the same day but they haven't replied. Is this common that chennai office ignores/doesn't reply to emails ?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Form G884

Hello All!

I petitioned my parents (Manila Embassy) all went well and they arrived here safely. Just found out yesterday from them that thier original documets (birth cert, marriage cert and my birth cert.)were ,mailed back to them along with their Visa in a sealed envelop . It strickly says do not open... Upon the arrival at the port of Entry (Detroit , MI) they open the package and notice that the original documents were in there . My mom asked the officer if she can have them back and said they will keep them along with the other papers...

My confusion is is that normal that they keep all original doc.? I called the 1800 number of USCIS customer service and was advised to submit a form called G-884... Is that correct. Please advice before i file... thank you.

Abby

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to concurrently file I130 and I485 for my parents. On the I130 instruction, it says that concurrent filing should send the application to the local UCIS office. But in the top thread in this forum, it says the application should mail to the Chicago checkbox. I am confused of where I should send. Please advise. Also, can I send two sets of applications in one mail? Thanks in advance.

Issue with Mothers Non Availability Birth Certificate

Hello All ,
Is there anybodyhere who have tried to get a 'Non Availability Birth Certificate' from Mumbai ?.
My mother was able to get a affidavit from the court stating her Birst date. I will send her a copy of the sample affidavit(provided on this thread) .
My uncle who is helpingher with all this paper work told me that he tried to get the Non Availability Birth Certificate, but was told that such a document doesnt exist. (maybe he was misinformed or he went to the wrong place)..
Can some one tell me where can he go to request the Non Availability Birth Certificate.

Thanks a lot..
NVC

Hello All ,
Is there anybodyhere who have tried to get a 'Non Availability Birth Certificate' from Mumbai ?.
My mother was able to get a affidavit from the court stating her Birst date. I will send her a copy of the sample affidavit(provided on this thread) .
My uncle who is helpingher with all this paper work told me that he tried to get the Non Availability Birth Certificate, but was told that such a document doesnt exist. (maybe he was misinformed or he went to the wrong place)..
Can some one tell me where can he go to request the Non Availability Birth Certificate.

Thanks a lot..
NVC

For my mother, we got Non Avail Cert from BMC office in Parel (I believe). First we went to Matunga office (which has the juridiction over the place in Mumbai where she was born and would have issued the BC had the birth been recorded) and were asked to go to Parel office.

It is not exactly a cert but a letter on official letterhead saying that they searched the records for name, born on date, at place, parents names and cannot find a record. It is signed by some officer with a stamp of his title. Good luck!

My parents Green card process

I have applied for my parents I 130/I 485 in may and received their green cards yesterday. Following is their timeline.

DO: San jose, CA
5/19 : Mailed application
5/24 : Notice date
6/25 : Case trasfered to CSC
7/3: Case pending at CSC
7/11 : Biometrics done
7/24 :I-130 and I 485 approved, card production ordered
7/26: I 130 approval notice received
7/30 : Green cards received

Thanks a lot to everyone for helping me while filling the forms and the updates.

Hi G_c

I have applied for my parents I 130/I 485 in may and received their green cards yesterday. Following is their timeline.

Thanks a lot to everyone for helping me while filling the forms and the updates.

Congs! could you tell me how long your parents have been in USA before submitting the application? I am still waiting my mom's case, I am just wondering whether it is because my mom only been in USA less than one month(b2 visa) when I submitted the her case(4/20 I submitted the application)?
Thank you.

My parents came to US on March 15th and I filed on May 19th. I filed 2 months after their arrival. I do not know if that matters.

Which Chicago Lockbox address

For those who used USPS express mail to send forms to the Chicago Lockbox, did you use the post box address or the laselle address? Many thanks in advance.!

Notarizing Affidavit for Birth Certificate

Hi there,

I understand from these forums that we can prepare an affidavit for Birth Certificate with the help of an older relative/sibling. I have a question. Is it necessary to sign the affidavit in the presence of a notary public? Should the affidavit be on Government issued Stamp paper or something?

If not, is it enough if the relative prints it on regular paper and signs it?

Thank you

That is really quick. Can I ask you a question? I know we have to fill out G-325A for our parents. But my friend told me I also need to fill out this form for myself. Is this true?

Question for Visaapplicant

For my mother, we got Non Avail Cert from BMC office in Parel (I believe). First we went to Matunga office (which has the juridiction over the place in Mumbai where she was born and would have issued the BC had the birth been recorded) and were asked to go to Parel office.

It is not exactly a cert but a letter on official letterhead saying that they searched the records for name, born on date, at place, parents names and cannot find a record. It is signed by some officer with a stamp of his title. Good luck!

Hi Visaapplicant,
I have the same issue as you. I need a letter just like yours above for my mom. Review this post for more details.

http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?p=1743929

The issue is I dont know anyone in India. Can you please email me at sellerjax_at_gmail-dot-com please. You have no idea how much I would appreciate this.