GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Thank you very much.

visaapplicant said:
I believe that's what NVC advises. However, per the advice from other posters, we are following the instructions from the US consulate where my parents will be interviewed. This is important because in CP at standard review consulates ( NOT in Albania, Canada, Lebanon, Philippines, Turkey, United Arab Emirates or on the continent of Africa), officer in the consulate will make a decision whether documents are adequate and it is better to follow their instructions. Per Mumbai consulate, we need PCC from passport office and police station with jurisdiction over current place of residence.

You should check your consulate's website and/or ask them. If you are interviewing at consulates in Albania, Canada, Lebanon, Philippines, Turkey, United Arab Emirates or on the continent of Africa; you would have to follow NVC's instructions.

I will check again.

GC for Parents: When in US on visitor visa & I-94 expires..

Hi,

If I apply for my parents GC when they are in US on visitor visa,
what happens to their visitor visa status ?
And also what is the procedure required if their I-94 expires before the case is approved.
Is it possble to apply for I-94 extension ?

Is it possible for them to travel outside US and come back with I-131 (Travel Document) ?
Please let me know.

Thanks,
shashi

ds3032 form

I noticed that the expiration date on the DS-3032 form is 12/31/2006. Is this form still valid?

Do my parents have to wait for this form from NVC or I can download and submit it myself?

Thank you.

shashidar said:
Hi,

If I apply for my parents GC when they are in US on visitor visa,
what happens to their visitor visa status ?

These questions have been answered frequently in the forum before. Once they apply for AOS (I485), they have the status of "AOS pending" and their visitor visa status ends. Hence no need to apply for I94 extension.

And also what is the procedure required if their I-94 expires before the case is approved.
Is it possble to apply for I-94 extension ?

Is it possible for them to travel outside US and come back with I-131 (Travel Document) ?

Yes. You can leave USA and reenter with an approved AP (I131).
Good luck!

Please let me know.

Thanks,
shashi

wistar said:
I noticed that the expiration date on the DS-3032 form is 12/31/2006. Is this form still valid?

Do my parents have to wait for this form from NVC or I can download and submit it myself?

Thank you.

DS3032 form sent by NVC has a barcode printed on it which enables NVC to track it to assigned case #. So you have to wait to receive it from NVC. If you are the petitioner for your parents, they will receive the original DS3032 with barcode from NVC and you will receive a copy that. Since you will receive it first in USA, you can scan it and email it to your parents or mail it to them to save time. They will sign it and send it back with their original signature to NVC.

Interview Date

Visapplicant

Congratulations on your interview. Please keep us posted on the medical exams and the interview experience.

We have not yet received any communication from consulate. The case was transferred o 01/17

Thanks
Dip123

visaapplicant said:
DS3032 form sent by NVC has a barcode printed on it which enables NVC to track it to assigned case #. So you have to wait to receive it from NVC. If you are the petitioner for your parents, they will receive the original DS3032 with barcode from NVC and you will receive a copy that. Since you will receive it first in USA, you can scan it and email it to your parents or mail it to them to save time. They will sign it and send it back with their original signature to NVC.

dip123 said:
Visapplicant

Congratulations on your interview. Please keep us posted on the medical exams and the interview experience.

We have not yet received any communication from consulate. The case was transferred o 01/17

Thanks
Dip123

Thanks. My parents will go for medical exam in a week. It took us more than 3 months after transfer to consulate to get interview. Hopefully you will get it sooner. Good luck!

Medical Facility in Mumbai

Hi Visaapplicant

What is the best medical facility in Mumbai - I am looking for the convenienve, understanding doctor (not too fussy in terms of the small issues) etc.
Is Hinduja the best one? In past I have seen some post that Hindula and Lilavati were better than the other ones.

Any inputs or people's past experience are appreciated.

Thanks
Dip123

visaapplicant said:
Thanks. My parents will go for medical exam in a week. It took us more than 3 months after transfer to consulate to get interview. Hopefully you will get it sooner. Good luck!

dip123 said:
Hi Visaapplicant

What is the best medical facility in Mumbai - I am looking for the convenienve, understanding doctor (not too fussy in terms of the small issues) etc.
Is Hinduja the best one? In past I have seen some post that Hindula and Lilavati were better than the other ones.

Thanks
Dip123

Dip123,

I do not have a whole lot of info on medical facilities. The approved ones are Hinduja, Lilavati and Breach Candy. They are all probably the same. I believe my parents are planning to go to Lilavati. I will post their experience.

Question for filling i485 form

Hi Members,

On Part I of I 485, there is one item "Current USCIS Status," what should be put there?
Parents are on expired visitor visa.

Thanks a lot!

Vermont Service Center Processing Time

Hi guys,

I just sent the I-130 petition for my parents, and the processing time for Vermont Center is showing at about 1 year (they are still processing March 12, 06 applications). Does anyone now what this means? Is it the time until they approve the I_130 form, or the time it takes for the whole process to be completed.

Thanks

No Non-availibility of Brith Certificate
Thanks for posting this info for GC for Parents.
What if there is no Birth Certificate and no Non-Availibility as well

Gurus....I obtained my citizenship in Oct 2006. I applied I-130 for my parents in Nov 2006. I just received a letter yesterday from USCIS requesting additional evidence (my birth certificate) that proves that I petitioned for my parents. I already sent my birth certificate when I filed their applications. Only our first names appear in my birth certificate. Could this be a problem. All our last names are different. Should I send them an affidavit with the actual names and the names as in birth certificate? Your thought are really appreciated. My parents were rejected tourist visa 3 times while I was having Green card. Could this have any negative effects? .....Please advice......

Seems USCIS is processing faster. Is this CP or AOS? Which service center is this? CSC or VSC.

I have applied for my mother in mid-dec for CP in CSC. Just wondering what kind of timelines to expect.

Hi Visaapplicant

Thanks
Dip123

Dip123,

My parents had their medical exams done at Lilavati hospital. They had to take 3 immunization shots per their age and some routine tests. It was all done the same day and they got sealed envelopes for consulate.

Reqest For Initial Evidence - I-485

I had filed my parents AOS (all 7 forms duly submitted, including I-485 for this process). We received a Request for intial evidence for I-485 for submition for Birth certificate. As my parents were born in village that is 30 years before the law (Births and deaths Act 1969) came inforce. We had submitted 2 affidavits from 2 friend in india born earlier to them confirming there date of birth. In addition we had submitted copy of passport confirming the Date of Birth issued by government agency in India.
The exact grounds that the REF stats as follows:
"when a birth certificate is unavailable, it should be accompanied by a document from competent governmental authority confirming that the certificate does not exist, or no longer exist"
Now the problem is that they were born in village and they do not have any such records except the affidavites from friends and passports. Should that not be sufficient? HOW DO WE MEET THE QUERIES IN OUR CIRCUMSTANCES.
I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ANY HELP AND ADVICE ON THIS....PLEASE HELP !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Birth Certificate RFE

Yes that is true. You need to speak someone in that village.
The village panchayat or someone who can provide you a note from the records department that they could not find a certificate.
Someone in the earlier thread has posted a copy of how that not found certificate looks like. You should do this asap as your files will be on hold until you send this piece of paper.

Thanks

Birth Certificate needed for both parents?

Do you know, if both parents or just for dad? If parent's marriage is not registered, we need an affidavit of marriage and affidavit of birth for both parents? Will these affidavits are good enough or you need birth and marriage certificates?
Thank you for the info.

GC in less than two months.

For my mother it took less than 2 months to get the card in mail from the reciept date of application for AOS.

Medical exam for parents

I became a USC recently& am sponsoring my mother,I was wondering what is the procedure after filing both I-130 & I-485,should we procced with the medical exams or do we have to wait for instructions from USCIS to do so? please advise!

Visapplicant

Thanks
Dip123