GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Anahit said:
Hi Anahit,

Since the form were returned on the grounds of incorrect fee (which was not the case). I was reading the instruction set throughly. Here is what it said about I-130

11. What Is the Fee?

You must pay $190.00 to file this form. The fee will not berefunded, whether the petition is approved or not. Do notmail cash. All checks or money orders, whether U.S. orforeign, must be payable in U.S. currency at a financialinstitution in the United States. When a check is drawn onthe account of a person other than yourself, write your name on the face of the check. If the check is not honored, USCIS will charge you $30.00.

Now my question is that the checks were all made by me and not my brother (who is the citizen and petioner). Were the forms returned as it did not have my brother's name on the face of the check? PLEASE ADVICE. I AM JUST TRYING TO MAKE SURE THAT I DO EVERY THING RIGHT THIS TIME.
As always I appreciate your help!!!
Thanks,
Neeraj.

Last edited by a moderator:
neerajkhan said:
When a check is drawn onthe account of a person other than yourself, write your name on the face of the check. If the check is not honored, USCIS will charge you $30.00.
Now my question is that the checks were all made by me and not my brother (who is the citizen and petioner). Were the forms returned as it did not have my brother's name on the face of the check? PLEASE ADVICE. I AM JUST TRYING TO MAKE SURE THAT I DO EVERY THING RIGHT THIS TIME.
As always I appreciate your help!!!
Thanks,
Neeraj.
No, they returned it because of the fingerprint fee not being included!
On the checks write your mother's name, not your brother's. They all are for her case.

im filing for my parents using form I-130 (i just got naturalized last month)

however, im quite confused as to what i'll answer on these questions. help!

Petitioner:
question #10
alien registration number -- should i still write my alien registration number eventhough im already a citizen?

question #14
if you are a lawful permanent resident alien, complete the following:
date and place of admission for adjustment to lawful permanent residence and class of admission ---> this is N/A for me right?

question #14b
did u gain permanent resident status through marriage to a US citizen or lawful permanent citizen
yes/no-----> should i say yes? (since i became a us citizen thru my husband)

Information about your relative

question #16
Has your relative ever been under immigration proceedings?
no/yes where/when
removal // removal/deportation // rescission //judicial proceedings

--->my mom has a pending petition from her sister (priority date september 1992)
should i write that or that's irrelevant from the question?

help!
thanks

dizizit said:
Petitioner:
question #10
alien registration number -- should i still write my alien registration number eventhough im already a citizen?
Yes. That alien reg. number is on your naturalization certificate, so it's stll yours. :D
question #14
if you are a lawful permanent resident alien, complete the following:
date and place of admission for adjustment to lawful permanent residence and class of admission ---> this is N/A for me right?
Right.
question #14b
did u gain permanent resident status through marriage to a US citizen or lawful permanent citizen
yes/no-----> should i say yes? (since i became a us citizen thru my husband)
Yes.
Information about your relative

question #16
Has your relative ever been under immigration proceedings?
no/yes where/when
removal // removal/deportation // rescission //judicial proceedings

--->my mom has a pending petition from her sister (priority date september 1992)
should i write that or that's irrelevant from the question?
The answer is "No".

Interview at Mumbai consulate

Hi NeedurHelp

Once the case is transferred, do parents get a packet from the consulate (packet 4 )? in your case, it has been almost 2 months and no news from consulate. Is that Mumabi consulate issue? I saw Jenimmi got a packet from chennai conuslate almost within a month. I am just wondering if Mumbai consulate is slow or holidays are making things slow.
I tried to look on consular visa form - but did not see any post there either about Mumabi consulate.

egards
Dip123
visaapplicant said:
Based on people's experience in this forum, I thought it would take 2-3 months after NVC transfers the case to Mumbai. However we are still waiting to hear from consulate. They post the appointment schedule for a month on their website by the 15th of previous month. They have not yet posted the Feb appointment schedule on consulate website. Hopefully we will get interview in Feb.

Immigration visa at Mumbai consulate

Hi visaapplicant

Once the case is transferred, do parents get a packet from the consulate (packet 4 )? in your case, it has been almost 2 months and no news from consulate. Is that Mumabi consulate issue? I saw Jenimmi got a packet from chennai conuslate almost within a month. I am just wondering if Mumbai consulate is slow or holidays are making things slow.
I tried to look on consular visa form - but did not see any post there either about Mumabi consulate.

egards
Dip123

dip123 said:
Hi NeedurHelp

egards
Dip123

Non availability of parents' birth certificate

Hello All

I understand from reading the posts on this thread that some posters submitted their parents' high school certificates ( showing the dob ) when it was impossible to get a non availability certificate from the municipality of their parents' birth towns. I am not able to tell however, if any of these cases were successfully processed through to completion. I will appreciate it if someone can confirm and/or share their experience.

Thanks much
Gurdiya

Case Number different for both parents

Hello Members,

My parents I-130 application was recently approved (@CSC). They reside in Chennai. Both have received their case numbers......for my mom the number starts with MAD,indicating that NVC is Chennai consulate; but for my dad it shows BOM :confused:, which I understand is the Mumbai consulate.

Is this a cause of concern? If yes, anybody has suggestions how I go about correcting this?

Thanks
sgi

dip123 said:
Hi visaapplicant

egards
Dip123

We did not get interview in Feb. I was surprised. I did some investigation and found that atleast a few cases that were transferred after ours got interview in Feb but at the same time some cases that were transferred in Oct are getting interview in Feb also. Anyway, I sent an email to Mumbai consulate and they replied saying that they hope to schedule our interviews in March.

What is the status of your case?

sgi said:
Hello Members,

My parents I-130 application was recently approved (@CSC). They reside in Chennai. Both have received their case numbers......for my mom the number starts with MAD,indicating that NVC is Chennai consulate; but for my dad it shows BOM :confused:, which I understand is the Mumbai consulate.

Is this a cause of concern? If yes, anybody has suggestions how I go about correcting this?

Thanks
sgi

Mumbai consulate case # starts with BMB and Chennai consulate case # starts with MDR. Anyway, I guess thats what you meant. It must have been a mistake by NVC. You should call NVC and get it corrected soon.

Hi Visa applicant

Our case was just transferred to Mumbai consulate. I was hoping 2 month time frame for the interview. But after lookign at your case, it appears that they are backlogged.

Is there a good post to track mumbai consulate interview?

Thansk
dip123

visaapplicant said:
We did not get interview in Feb. I was surprised. I did some investigation and found that atleast a few cases that were transferred after ours got interview in Feb but at the same time some cases that were transferred in Oct are getting interview in Feb also. Anyway, I sent an email to Mumbai consulate and they replied saying that they hope to schedule our interviews in March.

What is the status of your case?

Thanks visaapplicant for your response.

Form DS-3032, Choice of Address and Agent Form still has not been filed. At this point where would be the physical file?........at NVC or at Mumbai Consulate.

Since I am not totally unaware of the process/steps, hence the question.

Mumbai consulate case # starts with BMB and Chennai consulate case # starts with MDR. Anyway, I guess thats what you meant. It must have been a mistake by NVC. You should call NVC and get it corrected soon.

sgi

Parents for GC

Hi Memebers

When preparing application for father and mother, one question comes up.

Do we need to provide one Affidavit of Support for them or has to be two separate Affidavit of Support for each one of them,

Thanks

sgi said:
Thanks visaapplicant for your response.

Form DS-3032, Choice of Address and Agent Form still has not been filed. At this point where would be the physical file?........at NVC or at Mumbai Consulate.

Since I am not totally unaware of the process/steps, hence the question.

sgi

The files are at NVC. You will submit DS 3032, pay fees, submit I864, DS230 and if everything is complete then case will be trasferred to consulate. You should try to get it corrected before moving along too far in the process.

Please see 1st page of this thread for info on CP steps.

2005N400 said:
Hi Memebers

When preparing application for father and mother, one question comes up.

Do we need to provide one Affidavit of Support for them or has to be two separate Affidavit of Support for each one of them,

Thanks

Two separate I864, one for each one of them.

Thanks visaapplicant, the first was very informative. I will get in touch with NVC to get this corrected.

sgi

filling out FORM I - 130

hi! I dont know where to post this but i figure the people in this thread can help me....

im filling out Form I-130 using the Adobe Reader 7.0, however if im filling out my address (number and street), it's too long so the icon + appears...i have only one word left (West) but it wouldnt fit anymore...i dont want to write the word West under category Apt No....so how would i fit it?

If i add the word West, my whole address goes to the left erasing my street number....

Same is through with Place of Present Marriage, Im only writing the town and country but I couldnt fit both! It doesn't allow me to move the whole text to the left so it will be right after the Date of marriage.

I hope you can understand my question..

Help Adobe Reader Experts! :(

Mother GC got approved

Hi All,

My mother's GC through AOS got approved today which took almost 3 months for the entire process. Thanks for all your help. I am grateful to needurhelp and Jenmini for their outstanding support in this forum.

Thanks
gragi