GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Regarding CP Interview Experience in Chennai

Hello:

If anyone's parents have had their CP interview in Chennai recently, could you please post their experiences.

Thanks a Lot.

Murthy

Parents' Proof of Wedding

As is not uncommon for older Indian couples, my parents do not have a marriage certificate (they were married in 1959). The information posted in this email indicates that 2 affidavits from family members would work as an alternative. I have a few questions in this matter which I hope I can get answers for, from this forum:

1. My two uncles (my mother's brothers) will be happy to provide the affidavid, and I am assuming that they would be considered the right kind of "relative". But who in India do I get it notarized by? In other words, what Indian official would recognized as a notary in the US? An High Court judge?

2. I heard from a gentleman that he provided a letter from the temple that his parents were married in, and that was deemed acceptable by INS. Any thoughts on that? Of course, I would provide that in addition to the affidavits from my two uncles.

I look forward to receiving some advise regarding these two issues. Thank you in advance for your help.

My mom got approval email

Today, we received 6 emails re approval of my mom's I-130 and I-485. My dad's still no activity due to name check. The interview wasn't that great, they were questioned for appling too early after arrival with visitor visa. We were told the consulate will be contacted to ensure we didn't lie during the B-2 visa application. Of course we didn't lie, and finally after 2 month lengthy checking, my mom's application finally got approved. Hopefully, we will get the card in the mail soon.

For my dad, no luck with the name check. Now get ready to collect evidence for the lawsuit.

BTW, on the online status, it says:

Your new permanent resident card should be mailed within 60 days following this registration or after you complete any ADIT processing referred to in the welcome notice, whichever is later

Is this ADIT processing something new? Any one had experiences with it?

Thanks

Question about the Affidavit of Support for CP processing.
My parents interview is next week in Bolivia.

Shoud I prepare another Affidavit of Support form again, get it notirized and mail it to my parents for their interview?.
I only e-mailed them a scanned copy of the original form that I previously sent to the NVC. But do I need to make a second Affidavit for the interview?
The first Affidavit is only 3-4 months old.

Thanks.

Horiba,

I am new member here. I have question. I am thinking of applying GC to my mom during her visit in jan 2007. I am thinking of applying in feb 2007. Is it too early? when dis you applied for you parents. Appreciate your response.

thanks

machelon said:
Question about the Affidavit of Support for CP processing.
My parents interview is next week in Bolivia.

Shoud I prepare another Affidavit of Support form again, get it notirized and mail it to my parents for their interview?.
I only e-mailed them a scanned copy of the original form that I previously sent to the NVC. But do I need to make a second Affidavit for the interview?
The first Affidavit is only 3-4 months old.

Thanks.
No, you don't. The copy of the first one would suffice.

Hello All,

Terriffic sites and information here.
Few questions for people in the know ...
I am a naturalized citizen and am filling out I-130 for my parents who are not in the US. I plan to mail these out tomorrow, 12/09.
My folks don't have birth certs or marriage certs so I am attaching
notorized affidavits.
I am trying to understand what happens after the I-130s are processed.
Can someone pl. help me understand.
Is there a way I get a jump on the post I-130 process? Start filling out necessary forms and send them to my parents, etc ...
Also, my parents are planning on visiting me in July 2007 and stay here for 4 months. Is that wise? Or should they hold off until all processing is finished.

14thofJuly said:
My folks don't have birth certs or marriage certs so I am attaching notorized affidavits.
Make sure to also attach non-availability certificates.
I am trying to understand what happens after the I-130s are processed.
Can someone pl. help me understand. Is there a way I get a jump on the post I-130 process? Start filling out necessary forms and send them to my parents, etc ... .
Read the first posting in this thread (CP processing part).
Also, my parents are planning on visiting me in July 2007 and stay here for 4 months. Is that wise? Or should they hold off until all processing is finished.
The processing might be done by then. If not, it might be hard to get a tourist visa, since the processing of their case would show obvious immigration intent. It would be wiser to wait until they get their approval.

Today I got another 3 emails for my mom's case. The card has been ordered. Will have to wait 30 days for arrival. Hopefully, we can get it sooner.

No progress for my dad's 130 and 485, still stuck in NC. Thinking about lawsuit preparation now.

Question about INTERVIEW LETTER

Hi Gurus,

Today my mom got I-485 letter stating that "REQUEST FOR APPLICANT TO APPEAR FOR INITIAL INTERVIEW" scheduleon 01/29/07. I am wondering whether she needs to go some more later. I would appreciate for your interview tips passed on..

Thanks a lot
gragi

Lung X-Ray

Hi All
After reviewing Jenimmi's post, I asked my Mom to go for X-Ray xamination. She had Asthama for few years. She has not had Asthma attack for few years now, but Ihave hard that usually Ashthma patients have some scratches in the lung. When she went for the x-ray, the radiologist sad that she has minor scratches in teh lungs - I was wondering if this is going to be a problem for the immigration visa? Is this curable? Any body with similar experience? Please help. Please note that she has not been for the formal meical examination - this was something we did on our own. Help is appreciated.

Regards
Dip123

Inspected

What should be the answer for 'where you inspected by a U.S. immigration officer' (I believe at port of entry) - PART 3 of I-485? Yes or No.

I am filling for AOS for my parents.

form 130 question

I am filing for my parents in who are in india. in form 130 it says relative address abroad. do i need to write

1. my address or
2. their india's address or
3. it only for AOS someone who is already here on some visa

please reply.. i need to file soon.

I filed for CP for my parents, I got I-797C for both my parents and the receive date is Oct 16, 2006 and notice date is Oct 24, 2006 and priority date is blank. When I check the case status it says pending, and it says the application is in California service center, which I thought was strange because I applied from Texas. I just wanted to know if my staus on whats going on is normal ? or should I be concerned.

machismo said:
I filed for CP for my parents, I got I-797C for both my parents and the receive date is Oct 16, 2006 and notice date is Oct 24, 2006 and priority date is blank. When I check the case status it says pending, and it says the application is in California service center, which I thought was strange because I applied from Texas. I just wanted to know if my staus on whats going on is normal ? or should I be concerned.

When did you get your notice letter? I have applied for my parents last week and waiting for the notice letter.

ncproblem said:
When did you get your notice letter? I have applied for my parents last week and waiting for the notice letter.
Don't remember the exact date, but the envelope has Oct 26th on it, so couple days after I guess.

machismo said:
There is no priority date for parents. Receipt date is what's important.
You have nothing to worry about: they do that a lot based on the workload of service centers.
Good luck!