GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

doc75 said:
What should be the answer for 'where you inspected by a U.S. immigration officer' (I believe at port of entry) - PART 3 of I-485? Yes or No.

I am filling for AOS for my parents.
I am sure they were inspected... unless they crossed the border illegally. :)

phollow said:
I am filing for my parents in who are in india. in form 130 it says relative address abroad. do i need to write

1. my address or
2. their india's address or
3. it only for AOS someone who is already here on some visa

please reply.. i need to file soon.
Your relative in this case is your parent. They need your parent's address in India. It's for both AOS and CP.

Anahit said:
Your relative in this case is your parent. They need your parent's address in India. It's for both AOS and CP.

thanks much.

also question #20 states native alphabet is other than roman,write name and foregin address.

do i need to fill #20 ? or just say N/A

phollow said:
thanks much.

also question #20 states native alphabet is other than roman,write name and foregin address.

do i need to fill #20 ? or just say N/A
Yes, you need to write your parent's name and address in your native language.

machismo said:
Don't remember the exact date, but the envelope has Oct 26th on it, so couple days after I guess.
o.k. thanks. so i should also expect a notice letter arond 1st week of jan, i guess.

Do anybody know how fast CSC work on parent's I-130? Just to get an idea of when to expect I-130 approval. I am not able to get any tracking data on parents I-130 case.

Photos for I-130

Are there any photographs required for I-130 for parents?

Do I have to write the name and address in Hindi for native language for AOS in I-130?:confused:

Help appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
doc75 said:
Are there any photographs required for I-130 for parents?

Do I have to write the name and address in Hindi for native language for AOS in I-130?:confused:

Help appreciated.

no photo's, but I did write name and address in native language.

weird NVC Message

Hi All

I sent my affidavite of support and thenI received 230 forms , which I sent after 2 -3 weeks. the NvC message at that point said that they have received my 230 forms. And then in couple of days, the message said that Nvc reviewed the packet and they are missing the forms. they have sent me a letter. when I called them, the operator said that when they reviewed the packet, they were missing 230 form so they sent me a letter - I should disegard since they have already recived them. they will review in 4-6 weeks.
is this normal? Has anybody experienced this? i also received letters from NVC saying that they are waiting for form 230/ Is this normal?

Appreciate your response.

regards
Dip123

visaapplicant said:
I also has the same experience with the message. In our case, I am the petitioner as well as their agent. What happens is that DS 230 is sent to the agent, it is for the applicant, it needs to be signed by applicant and submitted in original signature (no faxed copy) to NVC.

dip123 said:
Hi All

I sent my affidavite of support and thenI received 230 forms , which I sent after 2 -3 weeks. the NvC message at that point said that they have received my 230 forms. And then in couple of days, the message said that Nvc reviewed the packet and they are missing the forms. they have sent me a letter. when I called them, the operator said that when they reviewed the packet, they were missing 230 form so they sent me a letter - I should disegard since they have already recived them. they will review in 4-6 weeks.
is this normal? Has anybody experienced this? i also received letters from NVC saying that they are waiting for form 230/ Is this normal?

Appreciate your response.

regards
Dip123

Yes, that has happened in case of many of us. You can see the posts here and in consular processing forum.

What do I have to do if my mom's I-94 has expired already but is within 180 days of overstay?

will i have problems applying for I-485, etc?

johnhips said:
What do I have to do if my mom's I-94 has expired already but is within 180 days of overstay?

will i have problems applying for I-485, etc?
No, you won't have any problems. Overstay is forgiven to immediate relatives (parents, spouses, unmarried children under 21) of US citizen.

Mother's stay expired.

My mother came to USA in June 2006 to visit me and later I decided to apply for her green card while she is here. My citizenship application got delayed because of name check process delays and therefore I applied for her extension of B2 visa. Now my name check got cleared and my oath is scheduled in first week of january. But today I got a mail from USCIS stating that my mom's extension of stay has been denied and that she has to leave US in 1 month time. I do not want her to go back because we have no relative/no property back there. Can someone with knowledge of USCIS laws please explain to me that If I file a petition the same day as my oath(first week of january), can she continue to stay in US or has to go back to India before her case is decided- as asked by USCIS to leave US in 30 days.

Doc_India said:
My mother came to USA in June 2006 to visit me and later I decided to apply for her green card while she is here. My citizenship application got delayed because of name check process delays and therefore I applied for her extension of B2 visa. Now my name check got cleared and my oath is scheduled in first week of january. But today I got a mail from USCIS stating that my mom's extension of stay has been denied and that she has to leave US in 1 month time. I do not want her to go back because we have no relative/no property back there. Can someone with knowledge of USCIS laws please explain to me that If I file a petition the same day as my oath(first week of january), can she continue to stay in US or has to go back to India before her case is decided- as asked by USCIS to leave US in 30 days.
You just complicated things by appying for the extension of her visa!
However, ones she has a pending I-485 case, she should be OK. Don't worry. Get the documents ready, and file the day you get your certificate.
Good luck!

Anahit said:
Make sure to also attach non-availability certificates.

Read the first posting in this thread (CP processing part).

The processing might be done by then. If not, it might be hard to get a tourist visa, since the processing of their case would show obvious immigration intent. It would be wiser to wait until they get their approval.

Anahit - I got a call from USCIS asking to provide a certificate stating birth certificate is not available. Where do we get this certificate?

I went to Indian Consulate in New York and they refused to issue this kind of certificate. Your guidance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

BTW - I have already provided a affidavit issued on an indian stamp paper which stated birth certficate in not avaiable along with other information like DOB and parents name.

anonymous1979 said:
Anahit - I got a call from USCIS asking to provide a certificate stating birth certificate is not available. Where do we get this certificate?

I went to Indian Consulate in New York and they refused to issue this kind of certificate. Your guidance in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

BTW - I have already provided a affidavit issued on an indian stamp paper which stated birth certficate in not avaiable along with other information like DOB and parents name.
Your consulate should have been able to help you in this matter, if not by issuing the certificate, at least by contacting the right agency in India to get the certificate.
Search this forum, and you'll find more information about it, specifically for India.

There is lots of great information on this thread. I am filing the adjust of status for my parents during the new year beak and it helps a lot (for example, I made the same mistake to put control number as the visa number...)

I have couple of other questions, if anyone can help me:
1. my parents are here for 2 months, and has a 6 months visa. Somebody told me I should wait until they are here for 3 months, is there really such a restriction?

2. For medical exam, should I get it right now and file with I130, I485, or wait for further notice from USCIS office

3. I live in Alameda California, there are two address I find for USCIS office. The first is the california service center in Laguna Niguel, the one is the field office in San Francisco (Washington Street), which one I should send the forms to? Can I drop in the applications form to the field office myself?

4. I file for both my parents, should the applications in same envelope or each one has its own envelope?

Happy new year.

zc

case status

Some people posted that their parents got GC within 1 year. I applied GC for my mother on 8/30/2006. She is currently in US. The case is still pending. I checked USCIS web site. The processing date for I130 at Vermont Center is 3/15/2006. Is anybody else waiting like me?

Thanks

wistar said:
Some people posted that their parents got GC within 1 year. I applied GC for my mother on 8/30/2006. She is currently in US. The case is still pending. I checked USCIS web site. The processing date for I130 at Vermont Center is 3/15/2006. Is anybody else waiting like me?

Thanks

I applied for my mom on August 8 to the same service center. So far, nothing. I m doing CP though, as she is not in the US. One lawyer said oit would take between 6-7 months for the WHOLE process. But, so far, nothing. i am hoping that VSC is moving faster than the dates posted. Anyone else???

Anahit said:
There is no priority date for parents. Receipt date is what's important.
You have nothing to worry about: they do that a lot based on the workload of service centers.
Good luck!
Is it normal for application to process in California while I applied from Texas ??