GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

maoliz said:
I have a question about I-131 processing date. I sent I-130/485/131 to Chicago Lockbox on 8/24/06. I-130 and I-485 were transferred to CSC on 10/2/06. I haven't got any update on I-131 yet.

I wonder who's going to process my parent's I-131? My local office or Chicago local office or California Service Center? My dad needs to go back to his country by the end of this year but we have no idea when he can get his re-entry permit. Does anyone has any idea? Any information will be sincerely appreciated.

maoliz

CSC still seems to be processing Aug 1 applications for I-131. So, you cannot call Customer service until 30 days after the processing date is shown as your Receipt date.
If even in Dec, you don't get any news on I-131, you may want to visit your DO and request Expedited AP.

dip123 said:
HI All

I did receive Immigrant Visa Fee bill On Thurday and the phone message at NVC says that your IV fee bill was entered on October 30th etc... However, I have nto yet received the Affidavit of support form. I thought they sent Affidavit of support form first. Also, the NVC message does not say anythign about the affidavit of support.
Also, for Affidavit of support, which form are we supposed to use? Is it I864 or I864EZ? Do we have to use the form NVC send us or can use our own downloaded form?

Appreciate you help.

Thanks
Dip123

NVC sends the Aff of Support Package with form and instructions. I used the form that the NVC sent. If you are concerned that you might have missed a form, after the automated message wait for further instructions and get in touch with a NVC Operator. They will be able to confirm to you exactly when the Aff of support package was sent.

DS-230, Item 21, 25.

21. Person(s) named in 14 and 19 who will accompany you to the United States now.

Should I put my dad's name here since he is the spouse of my mom. His name is on item 14.

25. It does not allow you just enter month and year for the from date, am I right?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
California I-485 case was transferred to Texas?

Hi Folks,

Good day!

I’m a recently naturalized citizen and I applied green card (I-130 and I-485 concurrent filing) for my parents to this address:

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
P.O. Box 805887
Chicago, IL 60680-4120

I received mails that my mom’s I-485 application was transferred to California Service Center and my dad’s I-485 application was transferred to Texas Service Center. We live in California.

Is this normal? Or the Chicago office made a mistake?

I called CIS Customer Service Line 1-800-375-5283. The Agent said maybe the California Service Center is too busy but she is not sure.

On the one hand, I want to correct a mistake as early as possible. On the other hand, I don’t want to confuse the system if it is normal.

Your suggestion will be appreciated.

-Cai

I-485 questions, please help ...

i'm sponsoring both my parents for their GC through AOS (they are currently in US),
i have a question on my father's I485 Part 3. B.
i put my mother's name here, and it is asking "Applying with you ?"
i.e. it is asking "whether my mother is applying GC with my father?".
should i put "Yes" or "No"? on there?
since they are applying with seperate visa petion (I-130), therefore
i intend to put "No" there.
can anyone with similar situation please help me on this?
thanks !

cakid said:
i'm sponsoring both my parents for their GC through AOS (they are currently in US),
i have a question on my father's I485 Part 3. B.
i put my mother's name here, and it is asking "Applying with you ?"
i.e. it is asking "whether my mother is applying GC with my father?".
should i put "Yes" or "No"? on there?
since they are applying with seperate visa petion (I-130), therefore
i intend to put "No" there.
can anyone with similar situation please help me on this?
thanks !
"NO" is the correct answer.

backues said:
21. Person(s) named in 14 and 19 who will accompany you to the United States now.

Should I put my dad's name here since he is the spouse of my mom. His name is on item 14.
Sounds like you should. Others might advise based on their experience.
25. It does not allow you just enter month and year for the from date, am I right?
That's right. The format allowed is mm-dd-yyyy, even though it says mm-yyyy.

Thank you very much.

Anahit said:
Sounds like you should. Others might advise based on their experience.

That's right. The format allowed is mm-dd-yyyy, even though it says mm-yyyy.

Hello Jenimmi:

How was your Dad's CP Interview at Chennai? My parents interview is next month, so was curious as to how it went?

Thanks a Lot.

Murthy

Hello:

For Parent's CP interview at Chennai, do they have to refill DS 230 Part I or can they use a copy of this that they originally filled with the NVS?

Thanks

Murthy

mkrishnarevera said:
Hello:

For Parent's CP interview at Chennai, do they have to refill DS 230 Part I or can they use a copy of this that they originally filled with the NVS?

Thanks

Murthy

They have to refill the form, since it needs to have their original signatures.

Biographic Info in NVC message

Hi All

I sent the IV Fee, and my I864EZ forms. I just checked the NVC mesage and it says NVC is waiting for the BioGraphic information from the petitioner. Once this information is received, it will review it in next 4-6 weeks . (before this message, it had said that NVC has received the IV fee and is generating the packet to be sent). What does this mean? Does this mean that they have already sent Form 230 to me and they are waiting for that? If so, why does it say it is waiting for the biographic information from PETITIONER? Shoudln't Form 230 go to agent?

I am little confused. On this thread there is lot of good information and experts. If anybody cna share their experience, it woudl help.

Regards
Dip123

dip123 said:
Hi All

I sent the IV Fee, and my I864EZ forms. I just checked the NVC mesage and it says NVC is waiting for the BioGraphic information from the petitioner. Once this information is received, it will review it in next 4-6 weeks . (before this message, it had said that NVC has received the IV fee and is generating the packet to be sent). What does this mean? Does this mean that they have already sent Form 230 to me and they are waiting for that? If so, why does it say it is waiting for the biographic information from PETITIONER? Shoudln't Form 230 go to agent?

I am little confused. On this thread there is lot of good information and experts. If anybody cna share their experience, it woudl help.

Regards
Dip123

I also has the same experience with the message. In our case, I am the petitioner as well as their agent. What happens is that DS 230 is sent to the agent, it is for the applicant, it needs to be signed by applicant and submitted in original signature (no faxed copy) to NVC.

backues said:

For my Mom's DS 230, we put my Dad's name in 21 and on my Dad's DS 230, we put my Mom's name in 21.

backues said:

Thanks in advance.

For 25 both From and To, we filled the dates in mm-yyyy format as specified on the form.

visaapplicant said:
I also has the same experience with the message. In our case, I am the petitioner as well as their agent. What happens is that DS 230 is sent to the agent, it is for the applicant, it needs to be signed by applicant and submitted in original signature (no faxed copy) to NVC.
Does this mean the computer downloaded form is NOT OK? How come I have impression that someone said it should be OK as long as the form is printed on both sides, just like the original one.

Please confirm. Thanks.

backues said:
Does this mean the computer downloaded form is NOT OK? How come I have impression that someone said it should be OK as long as the form is printed on both sides, just like the original one.

Please confirm. Thanks.

In general it is ok to use downloaded form DS 230 as long as the form is printed on both sides, just like the original one. Myself and others in this forum have used downloaded form. Although NVC advises you to use what they send. What is important is to have parents (applicant) actual signature on DS 230 form. Applicant cannot sign and fax it to you (agent) instead applicant would have to send the signed physical form (downloaded or otherewise) to you.

DS 3032 is another thing. Since the barcode is printed on it, you will have to use what NVC sends.

visaapplicant said:
In general it is ok to use downloaded form DS 230 as long as the form is printed on both sides, just like the original one. Myself and others in this forum have used downloaded form. Although NVC advises you to use what they send. What is important is to have parents (applicant) actual signature on DS 230 form. Applicant cannot sign and fax it to you (agent) instead applicant would have to send the signed physical form (downloaded or otherewise) to you.

DS 3032 is another thing. Since the barcode is printed on it, you will have to use what NVC sends.

Thanks a lot.

thanks for reply

visaapplicant said:

thanks visaApplicant.