GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Thanks Jen and Anahit. Hopefully, the interview will be the last stop. I was stuck in name check during my Citiszenship application. I ended up had to file lawsuit to get approved. (Thanks to Pub's inspiration). Unfortunately, both by parents have quite commom name too. Now, I am very concerned about NC, not until you get final approval, anything could happen somewhere. I will hate to do the lawsuit again if that ever happen to my parents.

jenimmi said:
I'm starting to think that while my Mom's quite unlucky with the immigration process, my Dad seems to be lucky after all.

Jen, I am sorry about your mom's difficulties. It's unfortunate.
A lawyer once told me: "If you have the choice between using Consular Processing outside the US and Adjustment of Status inside the country, by all means, go as much as possible with the CP. It is much easier, quicker, and more humane."

All of my immigration experience proves this paradigm. From the time I set foot in the US until my ultimate battle with CIS for Naturalization, getting things done through the State Department proved to be a lot better.

My mother has a 10 years visa on her passport, and has been in the US more than five times. She even came to the US way before I did, and much of my love and respect for this country are derived from her adoration to it, yet we decided to go with the CP. If I ever have the chance to avoid CIS and use their services or disservices to the minimum, trust me, I will do it. And so should every applicant.

horiba said:
Thanks Jen and Anahit. Hopefully, the interview will be the last stop. I was stuck in name check during my Citiszenship application. I ended up had to file lawsuit to get approved. (Thanks to Pub's inspiration). Unfortunately, both by parents have quite commom name too. Now, I am very concerned about NC, not until you get final approval, anything could happen somewhere. I will hate to do the lawsuit again if that ever happen to my parents.

Congratulations Horiba on your citizenship. I am glad my story helped. It always makes me happy to see that someone benefited from my experience. It shows that three years of struggle did not go in vain and that something good came out of it.

Regarding your parents case, just keep the faith and be positive. I am sure things will work out. Good luck. :)

Pub, thanks for the blessing. Wishing you the best with your mom's case. I owe you so much. I still remember the days everyone following your progress, comfort each other. I referred my friend to your lawsuit thread. Now the infomartion on that thread is getting so overwhelming, more and more people are benefiting from your experience. I admire you the courage and most importantly, shared your valuable experience with others in the dark.

I will keep the faith, after such painful experience we had before, everything else shouldn't be that much difficult after all.

regarding irs trancripts

Hello Jenimmi:

I requested and obtained today the IRS Tax Transcripts for my parents I864. It is only about two pages, and it does not spell out individual incomes for my wife and my me since we filed jointly (no W2 information).

Did you get something similar. I am debating whether to use this or just copies of our return.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Murthy

mkrishnarevera said:
Hello Jenimmi:

I requested and obtained today the IRS Tax Transcripts for my parents I864. It is only about two pages, and it does not spell out individual incomes for my wife and my me since we filed jointly (no W2 information).

Did you get something similar. I am debating whether to use this or just copies of our return.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Murthy

Mine was about 4 pages of transcripts for each year that I requested - they were joint returns. Anyway, you have to send copies of W-2s of yours or your wife's who ever is filing for their parents. From this, NVC will verify the sponsorship requirements. I sent in these tax transcripts (joint) + my W2s + last 6 months pay stubs + my employment letter. I believe that should've satisfied the income requirements - b'cos soon after that, they sent me the DS-230.

mkrishnarevera said:
Hello Jenimmi:

Thanks a lot for the prompt posting and info.

Murthy

You're welcome.
There's a small correction to what I posted y'day. I thought NVC sent me the DS-230 after it completed processing the I-864 (aff of support). I called NVC to verify that and they told me that the docs for I-864 & Ds-230 will be verified in a couple of weeks - that is, processing of I-864 is not necessarily completed, before they send DS-230.

Advanced Parole

Question: my father entered this country on a tourist visa and subsequently filed for AOS and applied for advanced parole. When he leaves, does he need to submit his I-94 departure record to the airline ? Is I-94 specific to the visa category under which he entered this country ? If yes, then I assume he doesn't need to turn in the I-94 since he is currently AOS.

Thanks.

No LUD after second fingerprints and no approval yet...

FYI:
I had applied for my mother to Chicago lockbox with a receipt date of Feb 24,2006.
We got the finger prints done on March 10 and in july we were asked to do her second set of fingerprints ( first set of fingerprints was rejected because it was not readable)
The fingerprints done during the secondtime were good and FBI has already sent the fingerprints to INS.
However, I have not seen any LUD update ONLINE. It has been almost 12 days since her fingerprints results were submitted to INS by FBI.

Also, I am not sure why it is taking so long for my mother's case to get approved. ( DO is Hartford). Last when I called the customer service they told me that the case is still at the National benefits center. Any ideas ?

Ayodhya

Ranchun,

I do not have answer to your questions on I-94 with AOS/AP. I would think it does not mater either way. The most important thing is to leave the country only if you have an approved AP while in "AOS pending" status. Also one should not have any prior overstay otherwise one is likely to be subject to a ban (depending on the length of averstay) at POE even if you have an approved AP.

Separately, are your I130s approved now? I am still waiting after 6 months. I have an infopass scheduled on 8/30 to find out.

visaapplicant said:
Ranchun,

Separately, are your I130s approved now? I am still waiting after 6 months. I have an infopass scheduled on 8/30 to find out.

Yes, the approval date was 07-28. After waiting for a solid 7 and 1/2 months! Now we are waiting for the I-485 approval. btw, fingerprint were done on 07-24.

Good luck!

ranchun said:
Question: my father entered this country on a tourist visa and subsequently filed for AOS and applied for advanced parole. When he leaves, does he need to submit his I-94 departure record to the airline ? Is I-94 specific to the visa category under which he entered this country ? If yes, then I assume he doesn't need to turn in the I-94 since he is currently AOS.

Thanks.

My Mom entered US, just the same way you described. She left on AP while her AOS was pending. They did take her I-94 when she departed US - No questions there - I don't think you can even ask them not to remove I-94.

When she re-entered US, she got a new I-94 and a similar stamp on her AP, which she will be handing over to the officer at the time of interview. The info on I-485, I-130 also has to be changed now (probably by the Interviewing officer) for questions such as, "when was last entry into US, I-94 #, I-94 validity date" and so on.

BTW, congrats on your I-130 approval.

ayodhya said:
FYI:
However, I have not seen any LUD update ONLINE. It has been almost 12 days since her fingerprints results were submitted to INS by FBI.

Also, I am not sure why it is taking so long for my mother's case to get approved. ( DO is Hartford). Last when I called the customer service they told me that the case is still at the National benefits center. Any ideas ?

Ayodhya

I did not see a single update on my Mom's case (I-130, 485) online. Not when she got her FPs done, not when she got her IL. I filed for my Mom in Jan'06 and hers is a straight forward case and FPs approved the first time. Yet it took 7 months to get her IL. We are yet to go for her interview.
So, your case is not unusual, especially with FPs rejected first time, you are already looking into a delay, if in your DO, they schedule interview only if FPs are approved. Did you check with the others in your DO, about the timeline? It probably takes longer in your DO than others.

Lots of good luck, visaapplicant. Hope they expedite approvals after the IP.

Is your IP scheduled at your local DO, even though the case is still with VSC for CP?

Anahit said:
OK, two... Until your mom comes, this, that - it will be October.
Smile... :)

Anahit.. :) :)

I don't know if you're ever going to be reading this... My Mom is back!!! :D
We tried with all our might to get her flights re-booked and finally we'll make it to her interview. Just keeping our fingers crossed for a few more days.

ranchun said:
Yes, the approval date was 07-28. After waiting for a solid 7 and 1/2 months! Now we are waiting for the I-485 approval. btw, fingerprint were done on 07-24.

Good luck!

Ranchun,

Congratulations on I130 approvals! So in the end, was it just slow processing on part of VSC? I recall your congressman's office telling you about some security/name check for I130 (which is unusual). Prior to approval, did you call USCIS 1-800 # and open a referral ticket to find out status? Did you go to infopass to check status?

All the best with the rest of AOS process.