GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

abs49080 said:
Needurhelp~

just reading your post above, so they will send 2 copies of DS3032, one for applicant and one for the petitioner?
just curious...

Thanks, abby

PS: UPDATE:
My dads file from USCIS was recvd by NVC on June 2, 2006 . :D

Abs -
Just as "VisaApplicant" has mentioned in his/her post above, DS3032 will be sent to both the applicant and the petitioner. You will get it here, much sooner than your parents. But of course, your parents have to sign the DS3032 and assign you as an Agent, if needed.

Can you please post when your parents I-130 was approved?
And also did you get a letter from NVC already? If so, what does the letter say?
How did you find out that the case was received by NVC on June 2nd?

My parent's CP timeline is in my signature and I want to see if our timelines are similar from the I-130 approval stage.
Thanks.

greencardmaze said:
needurhelp, i was just wondering, have you received your dad's green card yet?? i know you received your mom's card, and i was hoping that by now you would have received your dad's card too. anyway i hope everything goes well for you, and i hope you remain in the forum when all your paperwork is done. :)

Ditto, needurhelp!
[Although I know that you would've updated already if your Dad got his GC.] ;)
Well it seems quite strange that they got all their letters at the same time, but not the GC!

jenimmi said:
Abs -
Just as "VisaApplicant" has mentioned in his/her post above, DS3032 will be sent to both the applicant and the petitioner. You will get it here, much sooner than your parents. But of course, your parents have to sign the DS3032 and assign you as an Agent, if needed.

Can you please post when your parents I-130 was approved?
And also did you get a letter from NVC already? If so, what does the letter say?
How did you find out that the case was received by NVC on June 2nd?

My parent's CP timeline is in my signature and I want to see if our timelines are similar from the I-130 approval stage.
Thanks.

thank you for your reply. I have my case status posted under CP in the first page of this thread. Anyway, i called the NVC and when i enter the USCIS Recpt. Number I got an Automated Voice Recording says that my case been received June 2 and now in process. My dad I-130 was approve May 17 by USCIS and my mom was May 23 and its not yet to be found in NVC file.

Dad's card has been received on 6/2

Sorry for not updating info on this thread. I posted in another thread by tokenrager and forgot to post it here.

We've received his card on 6/2, a day after they left the country. Now I have to send it to him thru someone else. At least, we don't have to worry about his european transit visa while coming back.

His GC was printed on same day as my mum's 5/25, but it got mailed only on 5/31. Weird thing is, online update says "This case has been approved. On May 31, 2006, an approval notice was mailed." This is my dad's status.
For my mum's case, "On June 1, 2006, an approval notice was mailed." though we've received her card on 5/30, 3 days earlier than my dad's.

Oh well, I'm glad it's all over now. I'm so addicted to this website, its hard to be away. I need to goto rehab so that I can be weaned off of this website. I might have violent withdrawal symptoms, if I do it by myself.

Need help - AOS or CP?

Hello:

My mother is my only surviving parent now aged 65 years living in India. I have already applied for 130 about 3 months back and now waiting for its approval.

She also has a visit visa which is expiring in mid of 2007. I was thinking what will happen she comes over here somewhere in August 2006 and apply for I-485 while 130 is still pending or in the process ?

Regards,
Kashif

abs49080 said:
thank you for your reply. I have my case status posted under CP in the first page of this thread. Anyway, i called the NVC and when i enter the USCIS Recpt. Number I got an Automated Voice Recording says that my case been received June 2 and now in process. My dad I-130 was approve May 17 by USCIS and my mom was May 23 and its not yet to be found in NVC file.

Thanks for the update, abs.
I just tried the NVC # and got the automated message that the case was not found (the same thing as your Mom's). I also realized that your Mom's and my Dad's Approval date are the same - May 23. Let's update any progress on our case as we receive it. Thanks again.

needurhelp said:
Sorry for not updating info on this thread. I posted in another thread by tokenrager and forgot to post it here.

We've received his card on 6/2, a day after they left the country. Now I have to send it to him thru someone else. At least, we don't have to worry about his european transit visa while coming back.

His GC was printed on same day as my mum's 5/25, but it got mailed only on 5/31. Weird thing is, online update says "This case has been approved. On May 31, 2006, an approval notice was mailed." This is my dad's status.
For my mum's case, "On June 1, 2006, an approval notice was mailed." though we've received her card on 5/30, 3 days earlier than my dad's.

Oh well, I'm glad it's all over now. I'm so addicted to this website, its hard to be away. I need to goto rehab so that I can be weaned off of this website. I might have violent withdrawal symptoms, if I do it by myself.

A final Congrats, needurhelp.
Couldn't it have come one day sooner? BTW, I'm just curious to find out which country in transit do they need their transit visas? (the one you mentioned before if they were to travel without GC, but with the stamp in PP) I've been out of touch with this and probably need to know when I book my parents' tickets.

It's bizarre you got the approval notice after GC. And ONLY USCIS is capable of sending the approval notices after they send out the GCs.

But anyway, how dare you forget to update it on this thread :D :D
And please don't go to any rehab.. Your presence is very much needed here..
at least until our parents get their GC :D :D

Thanks Jen and GCmaze

France and Great Britain are the countries, which I know will not accept the I-551 stamp in the passport or AP. May be all Schengen countries.

When my parents landed in Mumbai, they were asked to show their PPs. They both got their PPs renewed here in Houston. OF course, me being a smart ass, kept the old PPs with myself thinkng that its unecessary hassle. My parents were grilled for few minutes since their new PPs didn't have the exit stamps. They also wanted to see their US status that they used to enter US or leave India. Anyways, my dad showed them the I-551 stamp, the IO at the counter said, "any gujju bhai can get that stamp in PP, so what, it means nothing to us." :D Once my dad flashed his ID, they let them go.

Check with the country's embassy thru which ur mum has to travel with AP, if she is. I don't know how your dad fits into this. He has to travel with the stamp, does he have to get the transit visa? HMm, thats going to be my next research project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Birthcertificate missing

needurhelp said:
Ignore the wording on the Cert which says not to make copies. In fact when I had taken the oath, the presiding judge said, feel free to make copies.

Answer to ur Q, make a copy and attach it to the appln.

Thank you for your reply.

I have one more question. My mom has no birth certificate. She is 65+ and there is only my aunt (her elder sister) that is alive now who is older to my mom. I have included her school ceritificate for proof of birth. Is an affidavit required? Usually, they require 2 affidavits - I have only 1 person that can provide an affidavit. What do I do? Any suggestions?

LR2005 said:
Thank you for your reply.

I have one more question. My mom has no birth certificate. She is 65+ and there is only my aunt (her elder sister) that is alive now who is older to my mom. I have included her school ceritificate for proof of birth. Is an affidavit required? Usually, they require 2 affidavits - I have only 1 person that can provide an affidavit. What do I do? Any suggestions?

If you can't get 2 affidavits, at least try to get 1. May be you should look for someone who is older than your Mom who can qualify as her aunt/uncle to get the 2nd affidavit ;)

A Non-availability Birth Certificate (NABC) is definitely required to be sent with the package (in the event, when no BC is sent), without which you most probably will end up with a RFE (Request for Evidence). You would get the NABC from the town/city where she was born. This is besides any number of affidavits that you would send with the package to USCIS.

mmza said:
Hello:

My mother is my only surviving parent now aged 65 years living in India. I have already applied for 130 about 3 months back and now waiting for its approval.

She also has a visit visa which is expiring in mid of 2007. I was thinking what will happen she comes over here somewhere in August 2006 and apply for I-485 while 130 is still pending or in the process ?

Regards,
Kashif

I am not sure how this process works. Since you haven't gotten a response for a while, you may want to post this question here and hope to get an answer from an immigration attorney. You may also want to read the first sticky thread when you click the below link and find some answers there:
http://www.immigration-information.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10

needurhelp said:
France and Great Britain are the countries, which I know will not accept the I-551 stamp in the passport or AP. May be all Schengen countries.

When my parents landed in Mumbai, they were asked to show their PPs. They both got their PPs renewed here in Houston. OF course, me being a smart ass, kept the old PPs with myself thinkng that its unecessary hassle. My parents were grilled for few minutes since their new PPs didn't have the exit stamps. They also wanted to see their US status that they used to enter US or leave India. Anyways, my dad showed them the I-551 stamp, the IO at the counter said, "any gujju bhai can get that stamp in PP, so what, it means nothing to us." :D Once my dad flashed his ID, they let them go.

Check with the country's embassy thru which ur mum has to travel with AP, if she is. I don't know how your dad fits into this. He has to travel with the stamp, does he have to get the transit visa? HMm, thats going to be my next research project.

Thanks much for the info, needurhelp.

My mom came via Frankfurt, Germany. She thinks when changing flights at Frankfurt they (at the Gate) only verified her ID from her PP, but did not look for any visa. The boarding pass was already issued at Chennai for the flight from Frankfurt to US.

Pls tell me if I my assumptions are correct.
If she leaves here with the AP before her interview or approval, then she would have her Visitor's visa (B1/B2) intact and therefore will not have a problem at the transit countries. Only at POE in US, the AP comes into play(?)

If she leaves with the approval stamp, but no GC - then she would still have the B1/B2 valid (unless it is cancelled at the time of interview) and still should not have a problem at transit countries.

Did your parents have to obtain a transit visa (London) when they came in last year in B1/B2? In that case, I have to make sure that her ticket is not booked thro BA.

Congratulations Yamini.

Questions for the gurus. Do I need to send in the employment letter and bank statement when filing the I-864 for my parents?. I will be sending in the tax forms/transcipts for 2005.

Thanks in advance.

I485 & I130

For those of you who helped your parents file for AOS, was the I-130 and I-485 approved at the same time? I just got an email from DHS that told me that one of their I-130 was approved (I don't know which one - no receipts in front of me). I don't have their I-485 receipt #s so I can't check on that. I can get it tomorrow but I'm just impatient. :p Really want to know if this means the I-485 was also approved. :eek:

peeyen said:
Questions for the gurus. Do I need to send in the employment letter and bank statement when filing the I-864 for my parents?. I will be sending in the tax forms/transcipts for 2005.

Thanks in advance.

Not a guru, but I'll respond anyway ;)

Definitely send your Employment letter showing that you are currently employed and how much you're making PLUS your W2s (copy) for the last 3 years (if you filed joint tax return), AND the tax returns/transcripts for the last 3 years.

Can you please post when your case was transferred to NVC, when DS 3032 was recd, when I-864 fee bill and form were received. Thanks.

vyshnya said:
For those of you who helped your parents file for AOS, was the I-130 and I-485 approved at the same time? I just got an email from DHS that told me that one of their I-130 was approved (I don't know which one - no receipts in front of me). I don't have their I-485 receipt #s so I can't check on that. I can get it tomorrow but I'm just impatient. :p Really want to know if this means the I-485 was also approved. :eek:

If I-130 & 485 were sent in one bunch, I-130 is usually approved together with I-485. This is the answer I got from the Customer service line earlier.

But in your case, if I-485 were to be approved without interview, then you should've gotten the "Case transferred to CSC" letter first or maybe it's soon to follow. Keep us posted in this thread.

Yamini Patel said:
Hi All,

Just want to update the status. In-laws got the visa. I don't have the detail about the interview. Once I know I will post it.

Yamini

Yamini,

Congratulations! Thanks for the update. Good to know that things went smoothly and Mumbai, in general, approves visa on the interview day (i.e. no wait for background check etc.) Looking forward to your post on interview.

jenimmi said:
If I-130 & 485 were sent in one bunch, I-130 is usually approved together with I-485. This is the answer I got from the Customer service line earlier.

But in your case, if I-485 were to be approved without interview, then you should've gotten the "Case transferred to CSC" letter first or maybe it's soon to follow. Keep us posted in this thread.

The I-130 cases for both of my parents were transferred to CSC early in May (around the 10th, I think) and the I-130 and I-485 were submitted together. I guess I really need to get those receipt numbers from my mom. Thanks for replying.

should I file B2 extension for my Mom while applying her green card?

Hi there,

I need some help from you guys:) I'm going to apply green card for my mom after I take the oath in early July. My mom is currently in US now. The expiration date on my mom's I-94 is 4 days after my oath.
If I file the I-130 and I-485 right before her I-94 experiation date, will she be legel here in US after her I-94 expired? Or, Do I still need to file the B2 extension for her before her I-94 expired?
what would be the best way for me to do?

appreciate your inputs
Viva

vyshnya said:
The I-130 cases for both of my parents were transferred to CSC early in May (around the 10th, I think) and the I-130 and I-485 were submitted together. I guess I really need to get those receipt numbers from my mom. Thanks for replying.

Could you please post your time-line.
Thanx.