GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

abs49080 said:
Thanks a lot for your continous help Needurhelp. Thats what i thought, that there is a processing fee, i read it somewhere in NVC website. Yes, my parents are doing consular processing, in US Embassy in Manila. I am I will keep you all updated. :) Sure it is that CSC are fast....! :p
Sorry about misleading you unintentionally, I had amnesia I guess when I answered your Q, I thought you were going thru AOS though I added u under CP.

No wonder I was confused...

Grrencard for my Niece

Hello,
After I get my US citizenship , Can I apply greencard for my 5 year old niece (who is in India ) ??

Or is there any other way for her to get greencard ?

I'd been away for a week from this forum and quite a bit seems to have happened... at least in my case ;)

After continuously following up with an officer at Newark, he promised me that he would make sure my Mom gets the FP notice... and so we did, last week. My mom was FPed y'day (5/25). A couple of small glitches (or not)..

1. The address on the FP notice was slightly spelt wrong. I asked the QA officer (who came to approve the quality of the FPs) to fix it. So, on the screen he corrected the address. Hoping that this will not be an issue in the future.

2. When the tech was taking FPs, besides four or five of my Mom's prints were blinking red letters - they either read "Match found" or "Match not found" - I'm not exactly sure as I was asked to wait a few feet away. I happened to see when the QA was verifying prints that most of them had a score between 50 and 55 and very few of them were in 70's. I asked him if the low scores indicate that she might be called again for FP. He said they are fine. Again hoping this will not be an issue.
Any body had such low scores and were still approved?

3. One day after biometrics, I'm still not able to find her I-485 online. Case status search results in "Case not found".

My Dad's CP Case:
I checked my email today and there were 4 from CRIS on 5/24, that my Dad's I-130 was approved on 5/23. Still waiting for the physical approval letter.
Will we get another notice when the case is transferred to NVC from VSC?
VisaApp, any update on your parents'?

needurhelp said:
Congratulations Jen.

Way to go...

Be proactive is the MANTRA. Boy, do we learn from epxeriences!!!

Exactly, needurhelp and Thanks!

I saw ur other posts - looks like GCs are on their way.. I vaguely remember you posting that your parents were supposed to be leaving in the first week of June. Just a few more days to go.. :eek:
Good luck in receiving the cards early.

jenimmi said:
I'd been away for a week from this forum and quite a bit seems to have happened... at least in my case ;)

My Dad's CP Case:
I checked my email today and there were 4 from CRIS on 5/24, that my Dad's I-130 was approved on 5/23. Still waiting for the physical approval letter.
Will we get another notice when the case is transferred to NVC from VSC?
VisaApp, any update on your parents'?

Jenimmi,

Congratulations! Thanks for the update. Hope your Mother's FP's are fine and the case moves forward to next step.

Great to know that your Dad's I130 is approved! :) So indeed Vermont is processing faster than their published timelines indicate. Till this morning, my online status is the same (...we received petition on Feb 15, 2006....it takes...etc.) LUD is 2/16/06. Since our receipt dates are the same, hoping to hear from CIS soon.

Did you see any LUD changes before approval emails?
Has the status changed to approval now?

I am not sure about another notice from CIS. I believe that your physical approval notice letter will say that it will be forwarded to NVC. Then you will hear from NVC regarding DS3032 and I864 processing bill.

Please keep us posted.

visaapplicant said:
Jenimmi,

Congratulations! Thanks for the update. Hope your Mother's FP's are fine and the case moves forward to next step.

Great to know that your Dad's I130 is approved! :) So indeed Vermont is processing faster than their published timelines indicate. Till this morning, my online status is the same (...we received petition on Feb 15, 2006....it takes...etc.) LUD is 2/16/06. Since our receipt dates are the same, hoping to hear from CIS soon.

Did you see any LUD changes before approval emails?
Has the status changed to approval now?

I am not sure about another notice from CIS. I believe that your physical approval notice letter will say that it will be forwarded to NVC. Then you will hear from NVC regarding DS3032 and I864 processing bill.

Please keep us posted.

Thanks, VisaApp.

I saw the emails first. So, I'm not able to confirm if the LUD changed once before the emails were sent out. Currently LUD is : 5/24/06, the same day when the emails were sent. I'm guessing the LUD changed when the system sent the emails; is probably automated.

This is a copy/paste of the status:

This case has been approved. On May 23, 2006, an approval notice was mailed. If 30 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please speak to an Immigration Information Officer during business hours.

Yes..soon you should hear from VSC too. Good Luck!

I-131, Birth Certificate, I-693 questions

I am a naturalized US citizen and getting ready to file my mum's green card while she is in the US right now.

However, I do not understand the form I-131 at all unfortunately.
Should I be selecting Advance Parol?
if that is the case then they want me to send some detailed explanation on mum's travel plans etc. on a separate sheet of paper. what is going on? what details are they expecting?

====

Also,

she does not have her birth certificate and we have no one in the US to vouch for her birthdate. her Indian Passport does show her birthdate, month and year. will that be sufficient?

====

do i have to attach medical examination report and form I-693 along with the application or can I safely wait for them to process 485 and let them ask for it?

many thanks

mumbaimunna said:
if that is the case then they want me to send some detailed explanation on mum's travel plans etc. on a separate sheet of paper. what is going on? what details are they expecting?

If ur mum wants to travel while her GC is in process, u may want to apply for AP. What goes in there, I'm not sure as I haven't applied for one.

she does not have her birth certificate and we have no one in the US to vouch for her birthdate. her Indian Passport does show her birthdate, month and year. will that be sufficient?
PP is not sufficient as proof of DOB. Birth certificate is reqd or affidavits from relatives from India would do along with non available.

The relatives don't have to be from US to give the affidavits. If she has school certs , include them too.

do i have to attach medical examination report and form I-693 along with the application or can I safely wait for them to process 485 and let them ask for it?
I-693 is part of I-485 application hence attach it now so that you can avoid the RFE delay.

Just so u'll know, this the latest update with LUD 5/27.

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On May 25, 2006, after approving your application, we ordered you a new card. Your card will be mailed to you as soon as it is ready.

congrats needurhelp.... looks like they finally sent your green cards :) I never got this massage... so i had no idea they actually tell you they sent the green card!! anyway i hope that now your mind will be at ease, and you will receive the green cards in time .

mumbaimunna said:
However, I do not understand the form I-131 at all unfortunately.

Just as needurhelp said, you would have to file I-131, if you see a need for your Mom to travel outside of the US, before she gets her GC (say, for an emergency).

If you do decide to file I-131, just put an approximate month and year for the date of travel. You do not have to detail anything in a separate sheet.

For my Dad's case, recd the I-130 approval notice y'day (5/27). It reads:

The above petition has been approved. We have sent the original visa petition to the Department of State National Visa Center (NVC).
<snip>
The telephone number for the NVC is (603) 334 0700

After what seemed an eternity, finally I'm able to add my Mom's 485 online :)
As Ari noted in his post earlier, I guess the FP process triggered something which makes the 485 available online. It still says:
Your I-485 was received on ... It's taking between 120 and 180 days to process such cases.. blah blah..

needurhelp -
Good luck in receiving the GCs before they leave :)

Can I apply for I-485 while 130 is pending for my parents ?

Hello:

My mother is my only surviving parent now aged 65 years living in India. I have already applied for 130 about 3 months back and now waiting for its approval.

She also got a visit visa which is expiring in mid of 2007. I was thinking what will happen she she gets over here somewhere in August 2006 and apply for I-485 while 130 is still pending or in the process ?

Regards,
Kashif

My mum received her plastic today 5/30. It was printed on 5/25 and mailed on 5/27.

We've always received the correspondence from USCIS for both of my parents together on the same day. For some reason, my dad's actual card, we haven't received it yet. I'm guessing we may receive it sometime tomorrow or one more morrow. :)

CP question

I received my parent's I-130 approval yesterday. Now the cases are sending to NVC. I have two questions.

1) How long does it take NVC to send letters to me and my parents? When do I get the case number and how is the process time?
2) I know my parents will receive DS3032 (choice of address and agent) first, can they use me (sponser) to be their agent and receive letter for them?

Thanks a lot!

expectgreat said:
I received my parent's I-130 approval yesterday. Now the cases are sending to NVC. I have two questions.

1) How long does it take NVC to send letters to me and my parents? When do I get the case number and how is the process time? !

It may take sometime (2-3 weeks) for USCIS service center to send approved I130s to NVC. Once received at NVC, typically letters will be sent within a week. Case numbers are generated and already included in the NVC letters to you.

Process time will depend on how quickly parents/you respond to each of the steps, when NVC forwards the completed file to assigned consulate and when the consulate schedules interview.

expectgreat said:
2) I know my parents will receive DS3032 (choice of address and agent) first, can they use me (sponser) to be their agent and receive letter for them?

Thanks a lot!

DS3032 are sent out to parents and you at the same time. You (in US) will probably receive it before parents (abroad). DS3032 requires parents actual signature. Yes, they can assign you as agent.

Good luck!

DS3032 are sent out to parents and you at the same time. You (in US) will probably receive it before parents (abroad). DS3032 requires parents actual signature. Yes, they can assign you as agent.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

Needurhelp~

just reading your post above, so they will send 2 copies of DS3032, one for applicant and one for the petitioner?
just curious...

Thanks, abby

PS: UPDATE:
My dads file from USCIS was recvd by NVC on June 2, 2006 . :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsoring GC for my nephew

Hi,

I am a US Citizen and would like to sponsor my 7 year old nephew (Sister's son) for a Greencard.

I read on a website that we can only sponsor parents, siblings or spouse and not nephews or nieces.

Is this true? If yes, what are the alternatives available? I am trying to ensure that my nephew has a GC by the time he is 18.

What is the quickest way to get him a GC?

Thanks

poursarr said:
Hi,

I am a US Citizen and would like to sponsor my 7 year old nephew (Sister's son) for a Greencard.

I read on a website that we can only sponsor parents, siblings or spouse and not nephews or nieces.

Is this true? If yes, what are the alternatives available? I am trying to ensure that my nephew has a GC by the time he is 18.

What is the quickest way to get him a GC?

Thanks
You are right in assuming that u can't sponsor nieces or nephews.

There is no quickest way as there is only one way. Apply for your brother/sister, parents of your nephew. He'll be automatically included in the petition. This will take around 12yrs. By then your nephew will be 19 or 20.

Good luck.

needurhelp, i was just wondering, have you received your dad's green card yet?? i know you received your mom's card, and i was hoping that by now you would have received your dad's card too. anyway i hope everything goes well for you, and i hope you remain in the forum when all your paperwork is done. :)