GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Advance parole

What to answer in part 3 of I-131 (Advance Parole) , if you dont have a plans

1. Date of Intended Departure (mm/dd/yyyy)
2. Expected Length of Trip

Also, after Q3 in part 3 it says "If you are applying for an Advance Parole Document, skip to Part 7." Does this mean I don’t have to answer Q5 of Part 3(Where do you want this travel document sent? (Check one)), as well?

Any help is appreciated.

What to answer in part 3 of I-131 (Advance Parole) , if you dont have a plans

1. Date of Intended Departure (mm/dd/yyyy)
2. Expected Length of Trip

Also, after Q3 in part 3 it says "If you are applying for an Advance Parole Document, skip to Part 7." Does this mean I don’t have to answer Q5 of Part 3(Where do you want this travel document sent? (Check one)), as well?

Any help is appreciated.

Put a date about 45 days from date of applying. In expected length just say 2 weeks. Skip to Part 7(no need to fill part 4,5,6). In part 7 check the box for "More than one trip" and on a separate sheet of paper state you want to go to your home country for "blah blah"

Hi All,

My mom has been staying with us for an year, then she went back to India and then came back after 4months. She has 10 year Visa. But We plan to apply for her GC now via AOS.
Reading this forum to gather that we need to wait approx 90 days before applying. So, this 90 day period is coming close, so I am planning on gathering all req docs.
Questions I have are:
1. We live in PA, so where should be we send all our docs?
Chicago box. check on www.uscis.gov

2. Do we need an attorney?
Not necessarily if you know how to do-it-yourself.

3. She does not have Birth certificate, so I already got a letter from India Municipal Corportation stating that BC's were not issued that time.
Suggest to check with USCIS

4. Also my dad expired, so we have only the death certificate and not marriage certificate. Will this be an issue?
Not sure what you asked.

5. What other docs will be required?
Please read instruction of filing forms.

6. What is total cost incurred?
I-485 & I130 filling cost about $1400 each parent, plus photo cost and immigration physical exam about $200.

7. Can I apply I-130 and I-485 together? Are these applications the first step to the entire process?
You should apply them together.

8.Where can we find the doctors eligible for doing medical for this process?
www.uscis.gov

9. Most important, can she stay with us, till the end of process even after I-94 has expired(she got 6 month stay).
Yes, once she files I485 means her status is pending subject to be approved.

10. Do we have to submit the medical exam records along with the I-130 form itself?
Yes. It is a must.

11. Do all the certificates, including the originals have to be submitted or xeox copies are sufficient?
USCIS only requires photo copies, and you should keep all the originals. USCIS is not responsible for returning you the originals and any lost or damage.

Thanks,
Akapoor

I suggest you to speak with USCIS rep. and get all the proper form# and then download them off USCIS.gov then read all the instruction of each forms.

Case trabsferred to CSC for Chicago resident

Hi Everyone,

I applied I-130/i-485/I-131/I-765 for my mom on Nov 18th, got receipt Nov 25th. On Dec 27th I got a notice stating that the case has been transferred to California service center for faster processing. We live in Chicago - is this normal?

Again, we have not received the FP notice so far. I assumed the delay was because of the holidays. Looking through the thread, I see that the transfers normally happen after FP. Anyone with experience about this?

Thanks

George

Hi,
Happy holidays guys !!

What I would like to know is if I should send the forms I-130/i-485/I-765 this coming Monday (12/29/2008) or should I wait ?

I already got everything inside of an envelope.
thanks

bj

Still no news

It's been over 2 months now since my parents' case was transferred to CSC. LUD still 10/24/08. I made info pass appt for 12/31/08. Hopefully can get some news then. :confused:

Timeline:
8/14/08: 485,130,131,864,693 sent to Chicago
8/18/08: Receipt date
9/4/08: FP done
10/16/08: Case transferred to CSC
10/23/08: Advance parole approved.
10/24/08: LUD of 485,130
10/31/08: Advance parole received in mail
12/31/08: Info pass appt

My parent's I-130 recently got approved. Can anybody tell me approximately how long its taking for Virginia residents to get 485 processed?
Thanks in advance

Hi Everyone,

I applied I-130/i-485/I-131/I-765 for my mom on Nov 18th, got receipt Nov 25th. On Dec 27th I got a notice stating that the case has been transferred to California service center for faster processing. We live in Chicago - is this normal?

Again, we have not received the FP notice so far. I assumed the delay was because of the holidays. Looking through the thread, I see that the transfers normally happen after FP. Anyone with experience about this?

Thanks

George

From my experience, it is hard to say what is normal or not with USCIS. For the mid-2008 applicant, they usually have the finger print done one month after the appication is accepted.

And after serval months observation, it looks like Chicago filling center has speed up their process and forward the application to CSC as soon as they are done their part of process. However, CSC has became the bottle neck and slowing down the process probably due to the fact that chicago application center accelates their process and more and more applications are transferred to CSC.

For my parents' case, they got 130 and I485 approved after their application transferred to CSC 2-1/2 month later. I would say your mom should receive the FP notice early Jan. And good luck.

Help!! GC for parents

Dear All,
My parents are living overseas right now. Can someone please let me know or give a link on the net that explains step by step how to sponsor them for a GC? If they do decide to come here and visit in the next month or so, are the steps different from if they were to be overseas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for a Good Conduct Letter Sample

Hi Guys;

Finally, I have received the RFE for my father application I-130 & I-485. They are not able to process his fingerprints twice and they have send me the RFE on Dec. 24, 2008.

I have to get the Good Conduct letter from local Police Dept. & also from India within a month.

My dad left for India on Advance Paroll on Sept.26, 2008. How can I get the Good Conduct letter from NJ State (County) Dept. without his present ?

Please someone share your experience about the Good Conduct letter. If you have the sample which can help me a lot.

Please reply asap since I have to finish within a month.

My Timeline

This is for both my parents -
SENT 130, 485, 131, 765 on 2/27/2008
Received Receipt Notices - 03/5/2008
Completed FP on 3/27/2008
Received RFE for Birth Certificate on 3/19/2008
Sent RFE reponse on 3/31/2008
RFE response received by USCIS on 4/3/2008
LUD, Message and EMail from USCIS for 485 - RFE response received and case resumed - 04/06/2008
AP and EAD LUD - 06/2/2008
AP and EAD Approved Email - 6/20/2008
I-130 apporaval email for Mom - 7/23/2008 at 9:30 a.m.
I-485 approval email : 7/24/08 at 12:15PM
I-130 apporval notice by mail: 7/25/08
I-485 apporval notice by mail: 7/28/08
Received Mom's Green Card by mail: 7/31/08
I-130, I-485 - RFE for Good Conduct letter

BM13

GC can be applied for my mother during her first visit?

I am US Citizen. Can I apply for I130/1-485 during my mother's first visit.
Or do I have her to go back and return after six months and apply during her second visit?
Any suggestions?
thanks for your input.

I am US Citizen. Can I apply for I130/1-485 during my mother's first visit.
Or do I have her to go back and return after six months and apply during her second visit?
Any suggestions?
thanks for your input.

I do not think there is any law preventing you from applying on the first visit - the key is the phrase "intent to immigrate" being interpreted by USCIS, when your mom enters the US on a B-2

That being said, the last immigration bill that failed in Congress had proposals to eliminate green card for parents. The next bill will probably have it too, I do not know when this will happen. Please be aware of this possibility.

George

andromeda2007 a question about non-availability of birth certificate

I found your suggestion about the following letter.

Is it the The registration of Births and Deaths ACt 1969 is common for all over India. or 1969 is specific for you.

Thanks a lot in advance

Government of Maharashtra
Department of B.D.O Office, Mumbai

Non-availability Certificate: Issued under The Registration of Births & Deaths Act 1969

This is to certify that a search has been made on the request of <your name>, son of <father’s name> in the Municipal registration record for the year(s) 1965-1975 relating for Mumbai, Maharashtra and found that the birth record of <your name>, son of <father’s name> is not registered/available.

Signature of Issuing Authority

Seal:
Date: <today’s date>

Happy New Year! everyone,

an update:
My Dad got GC card on 12/19/08, he actually got the card one day earlier than the approval notice, but my Mom's case didn't change at all.

Previously, "We did an infopass, the IO said that my parents back ground all cleared, and everything was transferred to a judicial committee on Nov. 5th, we should expect the result in 30days to 60 days."

Any opinion about what I should do to help to my Mom's case, Gurus!

Happy New Year! everyone,

an update:
My Dad got GC card on 12/19/08, he actually got the card one day earlier than the approval notice, but my Mom's case didn't change at all.

Previously, "We did an infopass, the IO said that my parents back ground all cleared, and everything was transferred to a judicial committee on Nov. 5th, we should expect the result in 30days to 60 days."

Any opinion about what I should do to help to my Mom's case, Gurus!

Another infopass on or after 01/13.

I found your suggestion about the following letter.

Is it the The registration of Births and Deaths ACt 1969 is common for all over India. or 1969 is specific for you.

Thanks a lot in advance

Government of Maharashtra
Department of B.D.O Office, Mumbai

Non-availability Certificate: Issued under The Registration of Births & Deaths Act 1969

This is to certify that a search has been made on the request of <your name>, son of <father’s name> in the Municipal registration record for the year(s) 1965-1975 relating for Mumbai, Maharashtra and found that the birth record of <your name>, son of <father’s name> is not registered/available.

Signature of Issuing Authority

Seal:
Date: <today’s date>

I didnt had to submit this document, but this looks will serve the purpose.

what does 1969 stands for?

Hi Andrewmed2007,

1969 stands for what?

thanks foryour comments. or if I cannot get the non-availability certificate what is the option. Do you have any experience.

I had two affidavits from elders.

Thanks

Hi Andrewmed2007,

1969 stands for what?

thanks foryour comments. or if I cannot get the non-availability certificate what is the option. Do you have any experience.

I had two affidavits from elders.

Thanks

I think this act came in year 1969 and made registration of birth and death mandatory from year 1970. Before that it was not mandatory. That is why if you parent(s) are born before 1970 and you don't have birth certificate, you can get non availability certificate and produce affidavit.

Another option is to go to nearest Indian Consulate in US and ask them if they can give such certificate for your parents if they are already here. If they are not here, consulate might not be able to help and best bet would be to get it from you municipality in India

Hi everyone
I really appreciate any info regarding this: I applied for my parents AOS on 6/13.
My father's FP was accepted and was approved AP. Now he got interview for his I-485
on January 5.
But for my mother's case, FP was rejecetd even after second time as per info we got
from INFOPASS officer. As a result my mother has not recieved any AP yet and no update status for 485 too.
INFOPASS officer told us we have to go through police record check for my mother.
Does any one know if we can start this process ourselves or
we have to wait for further RFE from CIS ?

Thanks every one and regards

Can you please share your interview experience?