GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Received interview letter for my mom yesterday. Interview scheduled for 01/22/2009 at Newark.

Anybody with interview experience recently?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody, I'm preparing to apply for my parents and have 2 questions I wasn't able to find answers to on any of the forums:
1. What's the correct answer for I-130 line 22 if both parents are in New York and I'm filing concurrently? Chicago seems to be a logical choice since everything is being mailed there, or should I put down NY DO?
2. I-485 Part 3 B asks whether husband/wife are applying with you - since there are separate applications for each parent, do they indicate that their husband/wife are applying as well? In other words, does my mom check "yes" on her I-485 even though I'm applying for my father with an independent I-485?
Thanks for your help.

Does anyone have any experience with Form I-864W? The instructions state that there's no need to file I-864 if intending immigrant has >40 quarters under SSA, which should qualify my father, who has been and still is working here for the last 14 years. The problem is that his employment was unauthorized this entire time (overstayed B2). He's always paid taxes and gets his Soc. Security statement every year, which says that he qualifies for benefits. Is there any provision in Immigration law under which his case could be denied if he files I-864W in this situation? Or should I just file a regular I-864, just like I'm doing for my mom (which gets confusing since I'm not sure how to calculate the household size because I plan to file for both parents on the same day)?
Thank you.

Thanks..they are in boston..I am planning to call the IO this week. Last time I went to INFOPASS, the lady told me that my mother's app was touched on 4th Nov. though there was no LUD. So I am hoping to hear soon else one more call or INFOPASS <sigh !>

Thanks

Received a call from Ombudsmen's office. They called me twice and updated me the status for I-131. They said I should receive a letter soon about I-131. Did not say whats the outcome. Expecting police clearence RFE. Since June I submitted the I-131 to NBC, case could not be found on on-line. But today to my surprise, it showed up. So definitely it has started to move again. Hoping for the best.

Hi everybody, I'm preparing to apply for my parents and have 2 questions I wasn't able to find answers to on any of the forums:
1. What's the correct answer for I-130 line 22 if both parents are in New York and I'm filing concurrently? Chicago seems to be a logical choice since everything is being mailed there, or should I put down NY DO?
I'm going to file concurrently too and my mom is here in LA, so what a paralegal friend of mine told me to put is Los Angeles, CA.

2. I-485 Part 3 B asks whether husband/wife are applying with you - since there are separate applications for each parent, do they indicate that their husband/wife are applying as well? In other words, does my mom check "yes" on her I-485 even though I'm applying for my father with an independent I-485?
Thanks for your help.
I believe you should check yes.

Bhavesh,
What extra docs did NVC ask for with the DS-230?
Did NVC send you (the petitioner) a DS 3032 copy?

What other documents were asked for in the Inteview Packet?

Thanks,
Apurva

Hello everyone,

I know this question might have been asked before, but I could not find this on this thread or the forum, so please do advise me.

My MIL's I-130 is going through the CP route and her I-130 has been approved. However, we are contemplating if she could spend couple of months with us here in US (She also holds a 10 year multiple entry visa that is current). Since her I-130 has been approved, Would she get any immigration issues at the Port of entry when she comes? She would be going back after spending a max of 2 months with us and we are expecting a normal CP processing for her (and my FIL).

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

KV7

Hello everyone,

I know this question might have been asked before, but I could not find this on this thread or the forum, so please do advise me.

My MIL's I-130 is going through the CP route and her I-130 has been approved. However, we are contemplating if she could spend couple of months with us here in US (She also holds a 10 year multiple entry visa that is current). Since her I-130 has been approved, Would she get any immigration issues at the Port of entry when she comes? She would be going back after spending a max of 2 months with us and we are expecting a normal CP processing for her (and my FIL).

Thanks in advance for your help on this.

KV7
10 year Visa (I assume it is a visitor visa) is non-immigrant Visa, which will violate with I-130 which shows intent to immigrate. So this can create problem at POE.

10 year Visa (I assume it is a visitor visa) is non-immigrant Visa, which will violate with I-130 which shows intent to immigrate. So this can create problem at POE.

Thanks for answering the question Andromeda, yes it is a 10 Year Visitors Visa. I was hoping to see if there have been some concrete example or recent real cases where people whose Immigration was being processed (but had prior non-immigration visas or had Visa Waivers) had issues at the POE. My assumption is that about 95% of the time there should not be a problem.

Cheers,

KV7

It was 4 days for me. Look out for card ordered or welcome letter message on I-485. Might happen anytime/anyday now.

Congrats... you are almost there.

Congratulations andromeda2007!!!

My mom is here on Visitor Visa since Oct, 2008; and I became USC in Nov 2008. Can you tell me what Visa your parents had?

Would it create any problem, if I apply for my mom without attorney?

And when is the safe time to apply for her without any conflicts of interests.

I have a brother who is 20 years now In India, Is there a way to get him processed with my mom?

Parents' GC got ordered

Hello Everyone,

Finally, my parents GC got ordered. I would like to thank you all for the help and this execellent forums. And good luck for everything, happy holidays!

DO: Chicago - Filed for parents
07/08/08 Sent I130, I485, I131, I765
07/16/08 NOA received
07/21/08 FP notice received
08/01/08 RFE sent by USCIS
08/07/08 FP done
08/14/08 LUD RFE received & case resume
09/05/08 LUD I130 & I485 transferred to CSC
09/09/08 LUD I131 approval & I765 card order 09/12/08 LUD I130 & I485 are pending at CSC
09/20/08 Received AP & EAD card
09/15/08 LUD I-485/I-130 (for mom)
09/19/08 LUD I-485/1-130 (for dad)
09/23/08 LUD I-485 (for both)
11/05/08 INFOPASS
12/15/08 I-130 approved (for both)
12/16/08 I-130 approval notice sent (for both)
12/16/08 I-485 card production ordered (for both)

My mom is here on Visitor Visa since Oct, 2008; and I became USC in Nov 2008. Can you tell me what Visa your parents had?
Visitor Visa.

Would it create any problem, if I apply for my mom without attorney?
The process is fairly simple and I don't think attorney adds any value, but your call.

And when is the safe time to apply for her without any conflicts of interests.
This is difficult to answer. I waited 60 days after their entry into US. I have read posts where people say 30 days or 90 days. I have also seen cases getting approved where people have filed within weeks. So I guess no hard and fast rules.

I have a brother who is 20 years now In India, Is there a way to get him processed with my mom?
Not sure.

I-130/I-485/I-765/I-131 - [SJC]
07/30/08: Mailed (USPS express mail)
07/31/08: Priority Date
08/04/08: Checks cleared & notices mailed
08/08/08: Notices received
08/12/08: FP notice received
08/27/08: FP done
09/09/08: I-130 & I-485 transferred to CSC.
09/15/08: I-130 & I-485 pending at the office to which it was transferred.
09/16/08: I-130 & I-485 LUD - No message change
09/17/08: I-130 & I-485 LUD - No message change
10/01/08: I-485 LUD - No message change
10/02/08: I-485 LUD - No message change
10/02/08: I-131 approved - mother
10/03/08: I-765 card ordered - mother
10/10/08: I-765 approval sent - mother
10/11/08: I-131 received - mother
10/13/08: I-765 LUD - mother
10/14/08: I-765 received - mother
10/24/08: Case opened with USCIS on phone as father's EAD pending for around 90 days
10/29/08: RFE Issued on I-131 & I-765 - father
11/03/08: RFE received (same for I-131 and I-765 for NSEERS)
11/04/08: Response to RFE sent
11/10/08: Response to RFE received by USCIS for I-131(not I-765 but it was common RFE and common response :mad:)
11/14/08: I-130 approved (both mother and father)
11/17/08: I-130 LUD (both mother and father)
11/18/08: I-485 Card production ordered (both mother and father)
11/18/08: I-485 Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident
11/20/08: I-485 approval sent
11/20/08: I-130 approval received
11/22/08: I-485 welcome letter received
11/24/08: GC received
** Father's EAD(I-765) and AP(I-131) never received till date**

Visitor Visa.

The process is fairly simple and I don't think attorney adds any value, but your call.

This is difficult to answer. I waited 60 days after their entry into US. I have read posts where people say 30 days or 90 days. I have also seen cases getting approved where people have filed within weeks. So I guess no hard and fast rules.

Not sure.

[/SIZE]

Great, Thanks andromeda2007 !!!

Anyone on ---- I have a brother who is 20 years now In India, Is there a way to get him processed with my mom?

I am a US Citizen that hopes to petition both my mother and under 18 year old sister so that they both come to the US together. I know that my mother would be considered an immediate relative and therefore be able to acquire GC in less than a year, but the problem revolves around my sister who wishes to tag along with her. Is this possible?

Hi kings_squall,

Did you find any information, if your sister can tag along?

Hi Guys,

Congrats Ml_boston and Andromeda for GC. Thanks a lot for your help in drafting these applications.

I was away for a while but wanted to update GC status of my parents. I'm hopeful that by the end of this year I will get GC for my parents.

130/I-485/I-765/I-131 - [Chicago Service Center]
08/04/08: Exp mail (rcvd 08/05)
08/28/08: FP Done
09/17//08: RFE for father Birth Certificates
10/13/08: Sent RFE response with all documnets
There was no update after that.
11/08/08: Again sent the RFE documents
11/10/08: RFE received, Case processing resumed
11/18/08: I-130 & I-485 transferred to CSC.

Anuj

Anuj,

You meant CSC - California Service Center - right.... Are you located on the west coast !! My parents file was transferred to California - I live in Virginia... Just trying to relate..

Mother's GC?

Hi All,

My mom has been staying with us for an year, then she went back to India and then came back after 4months. She has 10 year Visa. But We plan to apply for her GC now via AOS.
Reading this forum to gather that we need to wait approx 90 days before applying. So, this 90 day period is coming close, so I am planning on gathering all req docs.
Questions I have are:
1. We live in PA, so where should be we send all our docs?
2. Do we need an attorney?
3. She does not have Birth certificate, so I already got a letter from India Municipal Corportation stating that BC's were not issued that time.
4. Also my dad expired, so we have only the death certificate and not marriage certificate. Will this be an issue?
5. What other docs will be required?
6. What is total cost incurred?
7. Can I apply I-130 and I-485 together? Are these applications the first step to the entire process?
8.Where can we find the doctors eligible for doing medical for this process?
9. Most important, can she stay with us, till the end of process even after I-94 has expired(she got 6 month stay).
10. Do we have to submit the medical exam records along with the I-130 form itself?
11. Do all the certificates, including the originals have to be submitted or xeox copies are sufficient?

Thanks,
Akapoor

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted by kings_squall
I am a US Citizen that hopes to petition both my mother and under 18 year old sister so that they both come to the US together. I know that my mother would be considered an immediate relative and therefore be able to acquire GC in less than a year, but the problem revolves around my sister who wishes to tag along with her. Is this possible?

Hi kings_squall,

Did you find any information, if your sister can tag along?

Any Comments from Gurus...