GC for Parents - AOS and CP - Information Source

Those links are immensely helpful. Far as I can tell, the "interview waiver" announced in recent years for 80+ applicants is only applicable for non-immigrant visas, and hence for IV my mom will have to travel to the consulate and appear for in-person interview. Are you familiar with this topic?
Correct, no immigrant visa interview waivers.

I just received an email from NVC scheduling parents interview early next year. Their Police Clearance Certificate expired this October after a year. Do they need a current Police Clearance Certificate?

I want to File GC for my Mother. As per my understanding Forms 130 and 485 can be applied together. So when I file 485 can I also apply for her SSN? If yes, then can I get her Obama-care even before her 130 gets approved?
Any input/experience regarding this will be helpful as my Mother's age is 75 and it is very difficult to get much coverage using visitors coverage.
Best regards,
StillPatient

So when I file 485 can I also apply for her SSN?
Yes, the I-485 has a question about whether she wants to apply for an SSN.
can I get her Obama-care even before her 130 gets approved?
It's somewhat unclear. This page seems to indicate that applicants for Adjustment of Status are eligible to use the marketplace. However, the 45 CFR 152.2 definition of "lawfully present", subsection 4(vii), seems to indicate that someone with pending Adjustment of Status only counts as lawfully present if their petition was approved.

Hello,
My US citizen sister applied GC for our mom in India through CP ~2 years ago. Her application got approved in Oct 2022 but she hasn't received her interview letter yet. If someone in the same situation as my mom has received the interview letter recently, please share your application details like application date, approval date, etc.

Appreciate it.

Hello,
My US citizen sister applied GC for our mom in India through CP ~2 years ago. Her application got approved in Oct 2022 but she hasn't received her interview letter yet. If someone in the same situation as my mom has received the interview letter recently, please share your application details like application date, approval date, etc.

Appreciate it.
My mom's i-130 got approved recently. I am getting ready to apply for DS-260 along with other required docs. I was under the impression that from the point of sending DS-260 app to NVC, it will be matter of 3 to 4 months to get interview date. However, the attorney mentioned to me that there is long wait time for Interview in India and it can take up-to-year. So i might i might be running into same situation as you are in.

roved recently. I am getting ready to apply for DS-2
My mom's i-130 got approved recently. I am getting ready to apply for DS-260 along with other required docs. I was under the impression that from the point of sending DS-260 app to NVC, it will be matter of 3 to 4 months to get interview date. However, the attorney mentioned to me that there is long wait time for Interview in India and it can take up-to-year. So i might i might be running into same situation as you are in.
Thanks for your response and sharing the details. It's been ~4 months and counting and there's no sign of interview date. I guess we have to be patient. It wasn't so long ago when it took ~6 months for the entire process and now just the interview date takes a year. Not sure why this is as there are no covid restrictions in India.

GC for Parents is a community-based online forum that provides information and support to parents of U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents who are seeking to apply for a green card through Adjustment of Status (AOS) or Consular Processing (CP).

The forum offers a range of resources and information on topics such as the application process, required documentation, potential issues or challenges that may arise, and how to prepare for interviews. Members can share their experiences and ask questions of other parents who have gone through or are currently going through the AOS or CP process.

In addition to the online forum, GC for Parents also provides links to various official government resources, such as the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) website, as well as legal resources and services that may be helpful for parents seeking to obtain a green card for themselves or their children.

Overall, GC for Parents is a valuable source of information and support for parents navigating the complex process of obtaining a green card for themselves or their children through AOS or CP.chana barfi

Hello!
My mother’s case was sent to the US Embassy and my mother was scheduled an interview for June.
I moved because of a new job so my address changed in the US and so her future address too. I sent an inquiry to NVC and they said the case was forwarded to the consulate. There is only 18 days to the interview. Whom should I notify?

Thank you so much.

I would greatly appreciate your advise…

My mother has an interview on the 13 of June.
I am the petitioner and my US address changed.
This address will be her new future US address too. NVC has already sent the case to the embassy and so they scheduled an interview. In this case, whom to notify?

Thank you so much.

I would greatly appreciate your advise…

My mother has an interview on the 13 of June.
I am the petitioner and my US address changed.
This address is also her future US address. Whom to notify? NVC has already sent the case to the embassy and so they scheduled an interview. Shall I email to US embassy and update them regarding my new address?

Thank you so much for your time and help.

@Pamuk
Your mother should inform visa officer when she goes for interview for address change. Updating address is strongly advised because that's where her green card will arrive.

I am applying for GC for my elderly parents in India and am in the NVC stage, IR5 category, Mumbai consulate, with May 08, 2021 priority date. I am currently submitting civil documents. My parents were born in 1938 and 1939 and never had any formal education. They do not have birth certificates nor any school/college leaving certificates.

What should I do, and what is considered an acceptable alternative to birth certificates by NVC?

They cannot produce school/college certificates. We would find it difficult to find someone older than them to provide affidavits at this age.

Please advise. Thanks.

I have a question about getting biometrics (fingerprints) in India for Immigrant Visa (GC) applicants under Consular Processing.
I'm US Citizen, sponsoring GC for my parents - the application is approved and the interview is scheduled in 2 months in Mumbai, India.
I couldn't find the information anywhere on USCIS site or on the Interview letter/email about the location where the fingerprints should be done before the interview.

Question:- Could one of you please let me know the location where the fingerprints should be done prior to the interview?
(preferably in Hyderabad, India)

Thanks in advance for your information.

I'm trying to understand the difference between IR0 and IR5,
IR0 - Parent with adjustment for status
IR5 - Parents on immigrant visa

If a parent in already in the US when applying for a GC, is that IR0 or IR5? Does it matter during the GC application process?