GC filling for spouse need advice

mbite200

Registered Users (C)
Good day everyone please I need your advice. I am a green card holder since early 2012 though I wanted including my girlfriends name on DS forms but friends advice me no to do so. Now we are married she's just too wonderful to me that I cnt do without her.earlier this year I tried bringing her to the US through school but the embassy deny her F1 visa twice this year soo I dnt want her to be ban that was why I went ahead to do the marriage to enable to file for her. Please what are your candid advise?

You can file an I-130 for her, but there may be a wait until a visa becomes available. Right now the delay is 90-120 days, but that could get longer.

You can file an I-130 for her, but there may be a wait until a visa becomes available. Right now the delay is 90-120 days, but that could get longer.
Thanks RealCanadian, I really dnt mind the wait but I hope the school attempt will not hinder her interview in her home country but will the visa be issue here in the US or her home US consular?

If her student visa denial was not for a criminal record or immigration violations, the denial won't stop her from immigrating through marriage via consular processing in her home country. They probably denied her student visa because they suspect she's going to immigrate (which in fact is her plan).

Last edited by a moderator:
If her student visa denial was not for a criminal record or immigration violations, the denial won't stop her from immigrating through marriage via consular processing in her home country. They probably denied her student visa because they suspect she's going to immigrate (which in fact is her plan).
She has no criminal records but the the VO said if she knows she want to study nursing she should start from her home country though she has a BS already. I just hop it wnt take years like lik 2-3 before I become a citizen