GC Denied (Help Pork Chop)

Hi Anamica,

My 485 ND date is Aug 2002. (NSC)
I-140 Amendment approved in March.
485 Denied in May 2003 (NSC)
MTR filed in May 2003. (NSC) (Filed within 30 days of denial)

Don't waste a single day, ask your lawyer to file MTR ASAP.

Thanks,
Joyin

This is my personal opinion and I am not a lawyer.

joyin55 .... see more details beow

My lawyer received I-140 Revoke letter on old approved I-140 & I-485 denied leter..

I will write more details on this tomorrow ..... once getting the details from lawyer

Joyin..need help

joyin:
You said your lawyer did

option to file MTR

what did he do for MTR? Is your previous approved I-140 got revoked?

Any developments in your case? How can you track progress on your case?

Here is the reason given by INS for my previous approved I-140 revoke reason:

The I-140 petition filed by company X is revoked due to the substitution of new alien on the labor certification filed for the beneficiary Ms Anamica

that means INS saying that my employer trying to use my LC for somebody else so they revoked my approved I-140.

when I asked my company whether they used LC for anybody else they said 'No'.

So now we are assuming that this may be INS error. Because they may be thinking my I-140 Amendment as new I-140 App for other person so my lawyer trying to send letter saying that its not used for anybody and beneficiary is Anamica only.

They said letter is sufficient and they don't need to do MTR because its INS mistake.

I am really worried..

Can you breif how your lawyer hadled the case? Is your I-140 got revoked? or only I-485 got revoked? Did INS told the reason for revoke?

If possible can you send your lawyer content as private message

Please reply ..

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Anamica,

Looks like your old I-140 got used by mistake.
My old I-140 was never revoked and new amended was already approved 2 months back.
I would suggest that you request him to file Motion To Reopen, as with MTR it would be more legal.
Will rite later
Joyin

join55.. can you give your private email to contact??

Joyin55:

Can you give me your email id to contact? I need help from you.

Here is my id: anamica5@lycos.com

My lawyer going to request INS by sending letter. He is planning to address the request to Center Director.

He is not going to MTR.

He said after 180 days of denial, we are going to be out of status if EAD used for work.

what did your lawyer told? Did you get any update on your case? You said your I-485 denied and the reason for that as wrongly staed I-140 revoke.

How your lawyer justified INS wrongly sated I-140 revoke?.

Is your lawyer confident that no problem with your case?

Please give more details.. I am tensed up with all these

Please share your thoughts..

If anybody has any other opinion please share...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi joyin55,

In one of your posts you mentioned that due to company merger you had to ammend I-140. Now would you need to ammend I-140 even if your company merged 180 days after you applied for I-485 ?

Thanks
soji

Thats a tricy thing.
According to AC21, you do not need to do that. But as AC21 is still not defined properly and the BCIS could take another meaning of AC21, one should be fine by having to do I-140 Amendment but as you have seen mine and Anamica's case that due to I-140 Amendment, our 485 got denied, the reason being the old I-140 got somehow revoked and the new I-140 never got linked to the 485.
Also according to AC21 , if 485 is more then 180 days then revocation of I-140 should not do any harm to 485 but then also my case got screwed up.
So things normally does not work out the way we think it should have.

Thanks, Joyin
This is my personal opinion and I am not a lawyer.

I-485 Denied & I-140 Revoked

I am also in same boat. Same case as Joyin55. I have posted my thread today under I-485 TSC.

BCIS revoked the I-140 becasue I was laid off. Company A I-140 got amended after company B acquired company A's division. I-485 continued for two years and I got laid off. Company B notified BCIS of layoff and they immediately revoked I-140 of company B.

How much did it cost you to file MTR?

Anamica please add your posts.

Please help.

Who is you lawyer

I am in a very tough situation, Please tell me if you know any good lawyer specially in WA.

I appreciate it so much.

I am looking for a good lawyer too

I am looking for a good lawyer too. May be Sheela Murthy is good to handle these cases.

To LongGC

I know the pain and I am going thru it..
I would suggest contact 'Sheela Murthy' ASAP. Yesterday I took appointment from her for second opinion. She is not having appointments until Jun 27th. Finally I am able to get for July 1st.
So be quick in approaching her.....

As I already given my details in the previous posts .. the only difference between your case, joyin case and my case is my I-140 Amendment not yet approved but yoors & joyins got approved..

But ultimate reasons for denials are old I-140 got revoked whic in turn I-485 got denied because I-485 was filed with old company name.

My lawyer sending letter to VSc director .. but I asked him whether he can file MTR? .. Lawyer is out of station so I have to wait until Mon or Tue on his opinion on filing MTR ..

I will post the response as soon as get details.. I know the pain ..I will update you

Joyin..need help

Can you please tell me what docs required to file MTR ? My lawyer ready to do it now.. but he asked me only $110/ cheque in favour of BCIS and he didn't ask any other docs

I am wondering do we need to submit any other documents from either employer or from me while filing MTR ?

Please let me know

Hi Anamica,

Thats good news that your lawyer is ready to file MTR. Yes, The charges are 110$. Let me know once you get the MTR receipt notice. Mine was filed in May and it says " It takes 45 to 60 days" . So i hope by July everything should be fine.

The docs needed would be, the copy of the I-140 Amended receipt notice, 485 receipt notice and all merger documents. I think the docs would be available with your lawyer and thats why he did not asked anything. So don't worry you are fine.

Thanks & Regards,
Joyin

Joyin:what form used for MTR??

Hi Joyin,

My lawyer's office paralegal guy told no INS form needed to file Motion to Reconsider and also he said doesn't need to attach any merger docs? He said he is going to send all I-140, I-485 receipts, I-140 Amendment receipts etc Is it true?

Is your lawyer used any BCIS form to file MTR?

Please let me know.

I am tensed that my lawyer screwing up my case ..

Please reply

Hi,

I am not sure about the MTR INS form. May be he is right. When i asked my lawyer to send me the submitted documents he send me all receipts plus some merger documents. So i suppose he send the merger document to INS also.

Joyin55

Anamica

To answer your Qs,

I think the para legal is using one of the forms of I290. All these forms have a filing fee of $110/-. If he is not using the form then why $110 filing fee? I guess, talk to attorney not para legal.

But when my I-140 was amended, my attorney had filed all the papers of merger docs, SEC regulation clearance and profile of new company. These are supporting documents and help make the case stronger.

Please let me know which I290 form your attorney used. Ask the Q specifically to attorney and not para legal. You are paying for it.

GCRejected: Any update on you case?

GCRejected

Any update on your MTR case?

My case is exactly like yours.....

I am in the same situation like you..

I am also applied from VSC

I really appreciate if you can reply...

Thanks

Joyin55, Anamica, could you please post your 140 amended details?? Like RD & AD??

Mine is similar case.. I-485 pending since Oct 2001. Company A got taken over by new company B in 02. Company B filed for 140 amendment on Feb 12 2003. No news till date...Hopeless and frustrated....

Anxious what the outcome might be on my case???

Hi,

I never knew that my company filed I-140 Amendment. When it got approved they just emailed me that it got approved.

Joyin