GC Approved with ND of 4/2001

aanl

Registered Users (C)
I-485 Approved with ND of 4/2001

I received GC Approval today stating I have been granted P.R. It is back dated 1 year as well.

My case was transferred to a local CIS office and interviewed in early July.

I'm extremely excited and waiting for my GC coming.

Good luck to all of you

aanl

Last edited by a moderator:
Approval states that your GC is backdated? :(
Have you actually received plastic GC? Are you sure ND is 04/2001 not 04/2000. Plz confirm.

aanl said:
I received GC Approval today stating I have been granted P.R. It is back dated 1 year as well.

My case was transferred to a local CIS office and interviewed in early July.

I'm extremely excited. I finally made it after 5 years of waiting.

Good luck to all of you

aanl

What did they ask you at the interview? Thanks for sharing.

aanl,

Congratulations! That was quite fast! At which local office did you have the interview, and you're an asylee, right?

Gino

I am an aslyee with I-485 receipt date of 4/2001. I received approval letter today and it says GC is being processed (my understanding is they ordered GC for me). On this approval letter, Approval Date is 7/2004 with 1 year back dated.

My I-485 was transferred to a local CIS office from Nebraska Service Center for processing in Februay this year. The interview took place in July. CIS officer verified my biographic information on I-485 application form. The documents I brought to interview include:

1) Employment Letter from current employer.
2) Most recent W-2 and Federal Tax Return
3) 2 Photos (front face)

During the interview, the officer asked for my medical Examination because I did not submit in I-485 application. He issued me a letter asking me to finish and send back Medical Examination within 90 Days as of the interview day.

I did medical examination after interview by visiting a local doctor and sent it to Local CIS office by Express courier. The record indicates CIS local office received my mail on the next day.

I understand some or most of you might be confused about this. My understanding is that the way CIS handles case varies from one office to another.

I am waiting for my platic card coming.

Good luck to you all.

aanl

aanl said:
I am an aslyee with I-485 receipt date of 4/2001. ....

aanl

aanl:

Were you granted asylum in first instance by an immigration officer? or Were you granted asylum by an immigration judge? Thanks for your answer.

aanl said:
In first instance by Immigration officer.

What do you mean by "first instance"? What do you think that they referred your case to local office? Thanks for sharing your experience?

Cl_Asylee wording " first instance" means asylum is granted after filing I-589 (Asylum Petition).

Nebraska Service Center send me a notice stating they alreadey transferred my case to the local CIS office for processing and all inquiries in regard to the case should be addressed to the local office.

aanl

Noman74 said:
something is fishy

-Noman

I agree,
We've got 4 approval letters and it stated the date when they had been approved. Only when real Green Cards arrived, then we found out that they were properly backdated.

I think a lot of people will be very much confused :confused: . And it's understandable, to wait so long and to see that 2001 case has been approved and their, 2000 - not?

It will be very interesting to read exact content of approval letter :confused: .

Good luck to everybody!

aanl! I do not want to dampen your spirits but I am sick and tired of this INS (or CIS whatever..) bullshit. People with ND's of aug 2000 are waiting and they are approving 2001 cases.

But anyway congrats to you.. :)