GC apperance

Strange. But the card I rcvd for spouse is as you say. The back side is upside down. Anybody else who rcvd card, pls post.

Rgds,

Yeppo

it is upside down

it should also have your Alien number, DOB, Name and Signature on the back
look under bright light

I think 10 years is standard. Our expiration dates are slightly more than 10 years after our approval date. e.g. I was approved on 12/16/2004 but the card expires on 01/19/2015 (maybe its tied to the actual manufacture of the card). The "resident since" date is the approval date (12/16/2004).

I was suprised to see that the USCIS case number (e.g. the EACXXXXXXXXXX) number is also on the back (hard to see unless the light is at just the right angle). I guess that sticks with you forever :).

ETA

It is upside down for us (self & wife) as well and vaild for 10 years from the date of Card Ordered.

Card Appearance - Not really upside down

One thing I figured out in my years staying here in the US of A... things work differently.. :)

As far as the card is concerned - it is not really upside down in the back.. instead of the 'normal' way of turning the card over (by flipping the right side over to the left) if you turn it in (what I call) the 'US Way' (turn the bottom over towards the top) you'll see that the back is now right side up as it should be..

Also, someone mentioned seeing the EAC# in the back.. I noticed that it is not only in the back but , if you try to parse out those lines of text on the front-bottom of the card (below your picture) - you'll see that it has your A#, EAC#, Birth Date, Card Expiration Date, Country of Citizenship, Your name.. and some other numerical info that I haven't been able to decipher yet.... A whole lot of info huh!!?