GC and NP URGENT HELP REQUESTED PLEASE!!

I do think the number of people doing these renewal and returning COP appears to be a little excessive, however. This will hurt legitimate asylees.

That is very very true. It just makes policy makers very cynical and jaded about all those asylum stories.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, this is all politics also. I do not quite understand disobeying China's "one-child" policy will rise to the level of "persecution". They did take actions in at least some of the cases where people obviously abused the system, though.

What about people in my situation...?

I had my NP valid before i applied to asylum, it is still valid, i used it twice and i am going to use it again in july ( trips were/is NOT to COP ), it will expire this year after my july trip, after it expires i wont renew it anymore, i will wait until i get my UCS to travel again. Do you guys think i am going to have a problem on my Citizenship because i used my NP with my GC? i didnt travel when i was an asylee, i only used my NP after i became a green card holder.

I had my NP valid before i applied to asylum, it is still valid, i used it twice and i am going to use it again in july ( trips were/is NOT to COP ), it will expire this year after my july trip, after it expires i wont renew it anymore, i will wait until i get my UCS to travel again. Do you guys think i am going to have a problem on my Citizenship because i used my NP with my GC? i didnt travel when i was an asylee, i only used my NP after i became a green card holder.

You will not have a problem. In some sense, having a green card does give you some additional protection.

When they are approving your green card, it is clearly stated in INA that you need to demonstrate continued fear of persecution. But this is not the case when they are approving your naturalization. There is no asylee-based naturalization. There are only two situations that either as LPR you have stayed here 5 years or if you married USC you have stayed here 3 years.

Now they are free to pursue questioning you about using NP, I don't see how different it is from asking LPR who got green card thru marriage when he got divorced or asking employment-based LPR when he left the sponsored employer. Unless you really pissed them off by going to COP very often or going there immediately after AOS, I don't see that goes anywhere.

I said it before, When I came at JFK with an RTD as a LPR. ( at that time,my CG was lost). The Immigration officer told me to renew my NP if I want to travel with no hassle. I spoke to my lawyer, he said ok. as a reminder I got asylum in 2000, I renew NP 6 years later.

Let's focus people, the man wants to know the impact of renewing NP as an aslyee.

my sister's citizenship application has been held up at the New York Office for more than one year because she renewed her passport. So renewing your passport is a no-no.

my sister's citizenship application has been held up at the New York Office for more than one year because she renewed her passport. So renewing your passport is a no-no.

It must be more than just renewing, millions of people I know of got approved in New York / New Jersey with passport renewal but no traveling to COP.

It must be more than just renewing, millions of people I know of got approved in New York / New Jersey with passport renewal but no traveling to COP.

I thought that too. Until the attorney spoke by phone with the field office director who said it was the passport renewal.

She should have sued them after 120 days of interview.

two attorneys (who have won many cases based on the 120 rule) advised against it. They said it would be counterproductive because the passport renewal gave the government the excuse to delay.

my whole point is that passport renewal is not wise if you do a cost-benefit analysis. you gain absolutely nothing by renewing and risk a lot if an a** officer gets your file.

two attorneys (who have won many cases based on the 120 rule) advised against it. They said it would be counterproductive because the passport renewal gave the government the excuse to delay.

my whole point is that passport renewal is not wise if you do a cost-benefit analysis. you gain absolutely nothing by renewing and risk a lot if an a** officer gets your file.

Ask the attorney to quote you the statue which says you can not renew passport for naturalization purpose. When my sister's naturalization was delayed for nearly two years, they told us this is because of the "name check". However, after we filed lawsuit against them, the so-called "name check" was miraculously done within days and the approval notice was faxed to Assistant U.S. Attorney.

I want a professional opinion, this is when Jackolantern enter the scene. Jackolantern, what you do think about an aslyee and a lpr (based on asylum) renewing NP? People be, ready to listen. What jackolantern will say might hurt but is the truth.
thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator: