Gap in H1 approval dates

srr4

Registered Users (C)
I had my old H1 expired on May 10, 2010. I got my new H1 approved on May 19, 2010; but validity period on new H1 starts from May 19, 2010 to May 9, 2013, after leaving a gap of 8 days. Apprently USCIS put validity start date of new H1 of the date they approved the petition. Is it create any problem in future? Is this an error by USCIS and do I need to correct it? if so, how?

Thank you,
srr4

I had my old H1 expired on May 10, 2010. I got my new H1 approved on May 19, 2010; but validity period on new H1 starts from May 19, 2010 to May 9, 2013, after leaving a gap of 8 days. Apprently USCIS put validity start date of new H1 of the date they approved the petition. Is it create any problem in future? Is this an error by USCIS and do I need to correct it? if so, how?

Thank you,
srr4
when did your lawyer file H1 extension? do you have I-94 attached with H1 extension approval notice lower right side?
ask the lawyer what what start date was asked/written on I-129 form. your lawyer who filed H1 can explain you the situation.

Hi Ginnu,
H1 extension was filed on March 31 and got approved on May 19.
Yes I do have I-94 form attached in the lower portion of the approval notice with validity date 05/19/10 thru 05/09/2013.
I spoke to my Lawyer who explained that this is not a problem. However he couldn't explain how did it happen. I am doing a double check if lawyer is correct.

Thanks,
srr4

Hi Ginnu,
H1 extension was filed on March 31 and got approved on May 19.
Yes I do have I-94 form attached in the lower portion of the approval notice with validity date 05/19/10 thru 05/09/2013.
I spoke to my Lawyer who explained that this is not a problem. However he couldn't explain how did it happen. I am doing a double check if lawyer is correct.

Thanks,
srr4
It seems Error from USCIS or from lawyer. ask the copy of Form I-129 and Copy of LCA that should be with lawyer and note the start date Ticked on form. If I-485 is filed for you then you don’t have any problem. If I-485 is not filed then make trip out US to Canada/Mexico border and can get New I-94 BEFORE you file I-485. Keep the copy of all H1 approval notices (front and Back) and keep the Copy of All the I-94 (front and back) for your future immigration steps so that you can prove your legal work stay. Also ask the lawyer H1 extension filing receipt and it has Evidence your H1 extension was filed BEFORE your I-94 got expired.