G-28 authorization while using AC21

Greencarddream

Registered Users (C)
Hello all,
After using AC21,
1.How can one know if there is a RFE when all USCIS correspondences go to the old company attorney and he does not reveal it? Is there a way of knowing this by phone or other means from the USCIS?
2.Can one represent himself in lieu of hiring a new attorney in filling & sending the G-28 form so all future USCIS correspondences will come to the applicant himself ?
3.Are there any important aspects/sections while filling up the G-28 that need utmost attention?

Has anybody done this before or am I better off in hiring my own attorney after job change.Please shed your thoughts.

Hello all,
After using AC21,
1.How can one know if there is a RFE when all USCIS correspondences go to the old company attorney and he does not reveal it? Is there a way of knowing this by phone or other means from the USCIS?

--------------------that is why one need to revoke the G28 form filed by your past lawyer by writing to USCIS take the help of your new company lawyer
2.Can one represent himself in lieu of hiring a new attorney in filling & sending the G-28 form so all future USCIS correspondences will come to the applicant himself ?
-----------------------YES
3.Are there any important aspects/sections while filling up the G-28 that need utmost attention?
------------------G-28 is filed by Lawyer and you sign it so that he/she can
represent you.
Has anybody done this before or am I better off in hiring my own attorney after job change.Please shed your thoughts.
------------------You can hire YOUR lawyerOR you can also request the USCIS that Lawyer XYZ no more represent you and you request to revoke the G28 filed by Lawyer XYZ and any information in future should be sent to you directly on the address......
-----------------

G28

Ginnu:
Thanks for your response.
1.Should the request for revoking G28 of the previous company attorney be sent to the service center where one's I-485 case is pending or elsewhere?
2.I am planning to use AC21. Should this request for revoking G28 be addressed separately or can this go together with the AC21 invoking letter?

Thanks

Ginnu:
Thanks for your response.
1.Should the request for revoking G28 of the previous company attorney be sent to the service center where one's I-485 case is pending or elsewhere?

-----------write to USCIS service center where I-485 is pending that you revoke the G28 filed by lawyer XYZ and And any communication should be sent to you directly on your address:……….. On cover letter write your name, A#, DOB, Address, Sign with date attach copy of I-485 filing receipt and send it by certified return receipt to USCIS where your I-485 is pending. Out side the envelope write in big bold letters: Request to revoke form G28 filed by Attorney with pending I-485

2.I am planning to use AC21. Should this request for revoking G28 be addressed separately or can this go together with the AC21 invoking letter?
--------------------- you can send with AC21 but I prefer to send Separate and keep the copy of all the documents that you send to USCIS
Thanks
-----------------------

G28 revocation

Ginnu:
Thanks for the valuable advise.
1. If I understood your response correctly, a request letter to the USCIS to revoke G28 of former company attorney is more than enough. I do not have to fill and attach a new G28 for myself with this letter. A new G28 is required if I decide to hire a new attorney.

2.My I-485 is pending at NSC and I reside in NJ. The job offers I am looking forward to are from TX. As per the USCIS Direct filing update effective July 30,2007 for both NJ & TX, I understand the service center is TSC for pending I-485 cases. So if I change jobs using AC21 & move to TX can I still send all my letters to NSC?

Thanks

Ginnu:
Thanks for the valuable advise.
1. If I understood your response correctly, a request letter to the USCIS to revoke G28 of former company attorney is more than enough.
-------------------correct but request the USCIS to send any documents to YOU on your address..........
I do not have to fill and attach a new G28 for myself with this letter.
--------------correct
A new G28 is required if I decide to hire a new attorney.
-----------------correct
2.My I-485 is pending at NSC and I reside in NJ. The job offers I am looking forward to are from TX. As per the USCIS Direct filing update effective July 30,2007 for both NJ & TX, I understand the service center is TSC for pending I-485 cases.
So if I change jobs using AC21 & move to TX can I still send all my letters to NSC?
-------------------------send to the service center where your I-485 is pending at this time check the Reciept of I-485 filing NSC reciept will start with LINXXXXXXXXX
Thanks

-----------------

RFE after job change & G-28 revocation

Ginnu,
I have received an offer from a company in Texas. I reside in NJ presently. As advised earlier I am planning to write to the I-485 pending USCIS center to revoke the G-28 of my current employer's attorney.
1.Is there a timeframe when the RFE is sent out by USCIS?
2.In order to receive the RFE should I send the G-28 revocation letter right away or should I wait until I take up the job in Texas? My concern here is the what address do I have to provide on my G-28 revocation letter if i decide to take up that offer and move in the next month. My family will be in NJ for the next 2 or 3 months.

Thanks in advance.

Ginnu,
I have received an offer from a company in Texas.
I reside in NJ presently. As advised earlier I am planning to write to the I-485 pending USCIS center to revoke the G-28 of my current employer's attorney.

1.Is there a timeframe when the RFE is sent out by USCIS?
-----------------why do you expect RFE? if USCIS need some info/copy of missing document then only they send RFE
2.In order to receive the RFE should I send the G-28 revocation letter right away or should I wait until I take up the job in Texas?
------------------better do that after you move to Texas so that you can also give your address. and fill up form AR11
My concern here is the what address do I have to provide on my G-28 revocation letter if i decide to take up that offer and move in the next month. My family will be in NJ for the next 2 or 3 months.
-----------------then provide the NJ address and once all move to Texas then Update the Texas address with USCIS OR hire your Lawyer in NJ and let him revoke past lawyer G28(you need to sign the letter) and you sign new G28 with him and let him update the USCIS that XYZ no more represent you and he represent you.

Thanks in advance.

-------------

G28 revocation

Thanks Ginnu. I have decided that I will send this letter after I move to TX.

What is the present employer capable of doing or will do once I decide to change jobs although my I-485 is pending for more than 180 days and I-140 is approved?

Thanks

What is the present employer capable of doing or will do once I decide to change jobs although my I-485 is pending for more than 180 days and I-140 is approved?
Thanks

The worst he might try to do is to revoke the I-140. However, this will not hurt you. Most of the times, employers do *not* revoke the approved I-140, although they will try to use this threat to keep you from moving.
Even if he does, it'll result in a "Notice Of Intent To Deny (NOID)" from the USCIS, when means they intend to deny your GC as your I-140 has been revoked.
At this point you'll need your new employer's support saying that they will continue your GC process and all will be well.
However, this is an extreme case and your current employer will most likely not revoke your approved I-140.

So no big deal. Go ahead and get your new job and good luck with the new position!

Thanks Ginnu. I have decided that I will send this letter after I move to TX.

Thanks

present employer cant harm you. you ARE eligible for AC21.

AC21 filing address

Nj Skm & Ginnu
Thanks for your post and reassuring my confidence in moving forward.

I would like to clarify the below question once again.
1. My I-485 is pending in NSC and I reside in NJ.
Is PO Box 87485 Lincoln NE 68501 the right address to send my AC21 papers?

2. As per direct filing instructions, if you reside in NJ all related I-485 papers should go to TSC, PO Box 851804 Mesquite TX 75185.

Where should I send my AC21 papers then? Is there a chance that this could be rejected?

Thanks

Nj Skm & Ginnu

2. As per direct filing instructions, if you reside in NJ all related I-485 papers should go to TSC, PO Box 851804 Mesquite TX 75185.

Where should I send my AC21 papers then? Is there a chance that this could be rejected?

Thanks

if your I-485 file is with NSC send it to NSC and on the address that is for I-485 in NSC and out side the envelope write in big bold letters: request to invoke AC21 with pending I-485.

if you send AC21 papers they may or may not attach with your I-485 file. dont care about rejection. keep the copy of documents that you send with you for future records and if they need info in future then Reply them. keep your address update with uSCIS.
Good Luck!!!

AC21 regulation update

Hello Ginnu & NJ skm,
I came across on Murthy.com about a possible revision to the AC21 regulation. Do you know by any chance what this is? Is this in any way going to affect if one has to change jobs? Should I wait until this revision comes out?

Thanks

Greencarddream: have you already sent the letter to USCIS to revoke G-28? If so, did you see any LUDs on your I-485 after sending G-28/AC-21 paperwork?

Nj Skm & Ginnu

Thanks

Hello Ginnu & NJ skm,
I came across on Murthy.com about a possible revision to the AC21 regulation. Do you know by any chance what this is? Is this in any way going to affect if one has to change jobs? Should I wait until this revision comes out?

Thanks

if I-140 approved and I-485 pending more than 180 days and you get same/similar Permanent job offer you are eligible for AC21.
you can read the Latest AC21 Memo

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/AC21_30May08.pdf