FYI - Got a Letter from Vermont Centre for my Inquiry

485 Enquiry letter showing a new thing

Hi All,

Just an FYI. My 485 Filing Date was june 2003 , since the dates were passed, I called the customer service in the last week of Feb and initiated an inquiry and they said I would get a letter with in 30 days. I got a letter from them yesterday saying that the " The I-485 application is pending until a visa becomes available for your visa category ".

Also couple of days back the online status said "we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283". I recieved 4 emails for the same.

I think this is the first time I am seeing this type of response from INS. If a June 2003 case is waiting for a visa number, do not have any idea about all others and their approvals recently as latest as 2004 cases.

can you guys shed some light here....

Would it be as part of PERM ? have no idea.

PD1 : 03/1999 (first time labor applied)
PD2 : 08/2002 (second time labor filed from a different company)

Current I-485 is filed based on PD2.

thanks,
desigc

Last edited by a moderator:
desigc2003 said:
Hi All,

Just an FYI. My 485 Filing Date was june 2003 , since the dates were passed, I called the customer service in the last week of Feb and initiated an inquiry and they said I would get a letter with in 30 days. I got a letter from them yesterday saying that the " The I-485 application is pending until a visa becomes available for your visa category ".

Also couple of days back the online status said "we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283". I recieved 4 emails for the same.

I think this is the first time I am seeing this type of response from INS. If a June 2003 case is waiting for a visa number, do not have any idea about all others and their approvals recently as latest as 2004 cases.

can you guys through some light here....

thanks,
desigc
It could be that your PD didn't reach the current processing PDs which is April 2002 for Employment based GCs [EB3 only] and this applies to the nationals from India, China & Philippines only.
What is your Priority Date?
Checkout this URL for the current PDs info --> http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/bulletin/bulletin_2150.html

what is your priority date? EB3 category currently is at April 1, 2002. Until this date goes beyond your PD.....no approval in sight.

desigc2003 said:
Hi All,

can you guys through some light here....

thanks,
desigc

Same boat as glrao

I am in the same situtation as glrao. Got the pending Service Consideration letter a month back and have not seen any LUD change on 485 since then. Don't know whether it mean Security Clearance still awaited. Waiting to hear from FBI after I emailed them in last week of Dec 2004.

PD - Sep 01
485 RD - Apr 03
FP1 - Oct 04
Enquiry Initiated in Feb 05
Got response back in Mar 05 - Pending Service Consideration
Mail to FBI - Dec 04 . Still waiting for Response

RAJUDM,

if you are aussie what are you doing here in this god forsaken place?

australia is heaven on earth...

dogbert99 said:
RAJUDM,

if you are aussie what are you doing here in this god forsaken place?

australia is heaven on earth...

You are right. 'British showed the world how to rule, US/Japan showed the world how to work, and Australians showed/showing how to enjoy life!!!!'

I got my priorities wrong in 1994 when I went to work in Australia. I should have somehow managed to get into US and work for 5 to 8 years, and then get to Australia to enjoy with the US dollars. I may do that after few more years :D