FYI - Got a Letter from Vermont Centre for my Inquiry

whereis_GC

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

Just an FYI. My 485 ND was july 2003 and PD is Jan 2001, since the dates were passed, I called the customer service in the last week of Feb and initiated an inquiry and they said I would get a letter with in 30 days. I got a letter from them yeaterday saying that the security clearance is taking a long time because of lack of manpower. They cannot predict when my case will be processed. Also last night the online status said "we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283". I recieved 4 emails last night.

I did the exactly same thing, filled a status inquiry through my lawyer in the last week of feb. yesterday the message changed on the website " we responded to your request ...... " . I still haven't received the letter as yet. will let you know what it contains once i get it. BTW, I got my name check cleared on Feb23, 2005.

whereis_GC said:
Hi All,

Just an FYI. My 485 ND was july 2003 and PD is Jan 2001, since the dates were passed, I called the customer service in the last week of Feb and initiated an inquiry and they said I would get a letter with in 30 days. I got a letter from them yeaterday saying that the security clearance is taking a long time because of lack of manpower. They cannot predict when my case will be processed. Also last night the online status said "we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283". I recieved 4 emails last night.

Any LUD Change ?

Folks,
I am in the same boat as yours. After opening an inquiry, the online message for my spouse has changed to ..."we responded to your request ...... " , but for me it is still the old one .. " Received your application on ..blah blah.."
However, for both me an my wife, LUD has changed 4 times in the last one week. What would this imply ?
Did LUD change for you folks also ? Just curious...
485 RD : Sept 03
PD : May 2001 - EB3- India
FP1 Done : August04

Any LUD Change ?

Folks,
I am in the same boat as yours. After opening an inquiry, the online message for my spouse has changed to ..."we responded to your request ...... " , but for me it is still the old one .. " Received your application on ..blah blah.."
However, for both me an my wife, LUD has changed 4 times in the last one week. What would this imply ?

Hi Rohit
LUD has changed twice for me in the past 2 days. ( related to this status inquiry ). For my spouse however neither LUD has changed nor message

rohit_bha said:
Folks,

How did you inquire about namer check

Veeru,

How did you inquire about Name check. Did you call a specific number or did you send a email. I sent a email but did not get a response. Can you post the number if you called one to find out about your name check,

Thanks,

Ke

rohit_bha said:
Folks,

Same here.. mine and wife's LUD changed 3 times after status enquiry. How many days after you initiated status enquiry, did you see LUD changes? So far no change in msg. I already had 'responded to request' message after I changed of address.

What status do you hear for your/Wife's case on USCIS phone system?

Hi Ke,
i sent an email to FBI on 11/10/2004, got a reply back on 03/15/2005. Some where on this site there was also a phone number mentioned , you can call that number but i guess you have try numerous times to get hold of someone willing to share that info with you.
try searching for name check
there is one number though where you can ask as to what dates they are responding to the name check queries, that number is 202-324-3625

thanks,
veeru

ke_park said:
Veeru,

How did you inquire about Name check. Did you call a specific number or did you send a email. I sent a email but did not get a response. Can you post the number if you called one to find out about your name check,

Thanks,

Ke

You guys are not even close! I think anyone called with RD Q2 2003 or later should be send back to the end of the line :D

WE ARE SCREWED ANYWAY !!!!!

If security checks are not cleared -> You get message Pending service consideration cos of security checks

If security checks are cleared -> then you get a message Lack of manpower for processing cases

orangetreats said:
WE ARE SCREWED ANYWAY !!!!!

If security checks are not cleared -> You get message Pending service consideration cos of security checks

If security checks are cleared -> then you get a message Lack of manpower for processing cases

your analogy should be other way.....

I got both types of messages. From Pending service consideration on Feb 24th now it is sent to concerned officer on March 17th. This was informed by Congressmen's office. However, the retro issue would kill whatever progress happened on my case. Hope that USCIS makes a mistake and approves....(i.e approve thinking that I am still in EB2 or do an alternate chargeability to Australia since all of us are Australians....). :D USCIS makes so many mistakes...why don't they do this...

Veeru:
Have some question regarding to your message" I did the exactly same thing, filled a status inquiry through my lawyer in the last week of feb. yesterday the message changed on the website " we responded to your request ...... " . I still haven't received the letter as yet. will let you know what it contains once i get it. BTW, I got my name check cleared on Feb23, 2005."

Can you tell me did your lawyer sent email or letter to FBI for your status inquiry. Is that you mean after one month of this inquiry, your name check is cleared? Is that correct? Please share this information with us.

Thanks

I emailed FBI in Jan how long before I will get an reply. have opened an Status inquiry with VSC no response from there either

hi va_gc
my lawyer called up USCIS to initiate a status inquiry.
I had emailed to FBI on 11/10/2004 to ask about the status of my name check and got a reply back on 03/15/2005 that name check cleard for me on 02/23/2005.

Hope this helps
Thanks,
veeru

va_gc said:
Veeru:
Have some question regarding to your message" I did the exactly same thing, filled a status inquiry through my lawyer in the last week of feb. yesterday the message changed on the website " we responded to your request ...... " . I still haven't received the letter as yet. will let you know what it contains once i get it. BTW, I got my name check cleared on Feb23, 2005."

Can you tell me did your lawyer sent email or letter to FBI for your status inquiry. Is that you mean after one month of this inquiry, your name check is cleared? Is that correct? Please share this information with us.

Thanks

anyone know what is the most time it takes for the security clearance, my i485 is like over 40 months old, u guys think that it would be clear by now,

My name check completed on May 2003 and I-485 PENDING from 23 months and USCIS approving cases like april 2004 etc......

I-140/I-485 RD: 04/10/2003
I-140 AD 04/2004
EAD3/AP3 : MAR 2005
i-485 status inquiry response wait for 120 days ....120 days time count over by april Ist week 2005 and looking for second status inquiry...............
i-485 AD????????

to all guys who got these status enquire messages and letters, any updates so far, please post here

Need Info

I got response "Pending Service Consideration"..

Last time when I talked to VSC they said waiting for Name/DOb check..... wouldn't I get pending due to security clearance...instead of pending service consideration.? Any thoughts? I send couple of email no response from FBI.. When I last got response my name check was pending.. Does this msg mean my name check is complete?