Further News from CIS

Re: H1 and B1

Originally posted by kydesi
Hello Rajiv,

My OPT expired in the second week of March and my employer applied for my H1 last week. I would like to apply for B1 to stay in status from May till October 1. Do you foresee any potential problems in having two different applications with CIS for a same applicant? Also, please advise whether I can work and/or get paid in the B1 status.

Thanks for your time.
Arvind

I do not. This is a murky situation, but there is not much choice if you do not like the option of consular processing.

hi rajiv,
iam from toronto ,i completed my master's here i applied for h1b in april and i got approval on april9 the problem is my visa expires atend of august ,if i get the papers i can attend the visa in next month ?or shall wait upto oct.1
thanking you sir

advice requested

Mr. Khanna,
I got my H1 approved (start date OCT 01,2004 change of status is not approved though) and my OPT ends in mid june.So,now..if I get a job in the grace period of OPT,I know I will have to get a H1 again.But my question is will I come under quota again?

I know I will not be eligible for transfer in my case because I will not have a pay stubs from my Present employer.Please let me know.

Thanks a ton for reading my post.

Regards,
An