Oath?? will let you all know

this is for Texas service center, DO west palm beach, fl
Me
PD 8/29/06
FP 9/19/06
IV letter ???
Interview???

this is for Texas service center, DO west palm beach, fl

The irony of it is, that I am a GC from 1991. I sponsored her to come over here and now she will be a US citizen before me.

Not sure why i have heard nothing yet..Of course the USIC website cut off date is Aug 12, 2006, so I will wait till they get to Aug 29 date before i schedule for an infopass?

any suggestions would be greatly apprciated.
Thanks

probably your case is awaiting name check. The prevailing view seems to be that CIS does not schedule an interview unless the name check is completed.

This is just my personal view.

Rao

One is better than zero. My case was delayed about 6 months past my wife's last year, but I was happy that one of us got through early. Come on, look on the bright side :) Don't get discouraged

Lots of us in the same boat

There's lots of us in the same boat. My wife and I applied together (our case numbers are only 4 apart) in Oct 2006 and she's a citizen since March 2007. I'm waiting for my interview letter. She got her GC based on our marriage and she's a citizen before me. But I'm glad one of us has completed the journey.

I suggest you call customer service and ask them to put in a service request for your case since it's more than 7 months old.

You don't have to answer this, but you were eligible (assuming you resided in the US from 1991) in 1996. Why the decade long wait?

The irony of it is, that I am a GC from 1991. I sponsored her to come over here and now she will be a US citizen before me.

thanks to all for their encouragement.

as to why i waited so long, I had to break my continuous residency. Hopefully they havent found a problem with that although i was back here every year for a month or two, but not every 6 months.

Well you not getting your interview letter is most likely (90%) due to your name check still pending. Since you haven't had your interview, one cannot speculate what all USCIS knows about your break in residency. Of course they will have your entire A# file at the interview and you will be able to given a chance to explain if you are questioned along those lines. However, there is also a possibility of the officer just showing interest in the last 5 years.
I hope you get your interview letter soon. Good luck!!!

Your PD is still beyond their "now processing date" so wait till it crosses that date. You are right and your patience will benefit you. A lot of people on this forum are so impatient and it just ruins their own already fragile mental health, relax and wait the Dept out.

Wife's Interview

we arrived at the West Palm Beach Office about 20 minutes ahead of time. Interview was at 12.25 pm, they called her in about 30 minutes later. She was in for 10 minutes. The officer just looked over her application. She was told to wait for her oath letter. we waited another 30 minutes and they gave her the oath appointment which is for next week, April 18. :)

It looks like the process is not painful. I will be patient and wait for my interview letter, hopefully soon.:cool:

hi ZW1, congratulations to ur wife..Thank u for sharing ur experience..
My interview is on April 19 in West Palm, i am gonna miss the April 18 oath ceremony, wondering when the next one will be.."
"WaitAlong" was interviewed in WPB on Feb 22, and is still waiting for the oath letter..i hope i dont have to wait too long as i have found out during the last info PAss appointment that my name and finger prints are cleared..