From the Horses Mouth: No Movement in EB-2, EB-3 India for FY 2007

Yes ...

techy2468 said:
if i remember it right.......its not 9800/year for EB2-india.........its just 2800/year ......and this included family also.....that means only around 1300 actual candidates are going to get GC via each country-category...

am i wrong?

With the 7% cap the actual number available is indeed 2800. As you said, this includes dependents. This system is so pathetic that in 2004 or 05 they supposedly gave away close to 50,000 visas to Indian applicants (the cap was not in effect at the time). Now last year with the cap in place India EB3 did not become unvailable the whole year with just 2800 visas. One year they processed 50,000 cases and the next year they couldn't process 2800? With thousands upon thousands of cases waiting for visa numbers shouldn't 2800 visas go away in one quarter? Now if we figure that the 2800 visas are staggerred across the 4 quarters (700 per quarter are released) wouldn't you think that the dates would be U/A witin the first month of the 4th quarter. After all there are thousands of cases in the beginning and only 700 get visas every quarter. By the 4th quarter there should be such a rush that all visas should finish within a month even if we take processing delays into account.

All this makes no sense to me. What makes sense is that these problems will persist for a while. We just need to be patient and be ready to wait for years.

cheers,

saras

Last edited by a moderator:
pswami said:
It is revealed here so that all members waiting for their greencards and happily thinking it will come soon enough can migrate to Immigratiovoice.org and actively help in the efforts. Nice strategy Berkleybee.
good strategy or not. contributions from immigrants wont help much. IV needs to get lawyers involved in a big way since they will be get huge benefit too. and ofcourse companies will listen to lawyers . good thing for Indians is that things are looking up in India. I have a feeling that some sort of reform/relief will pass this summer

EB visas issued to India

saras76 said:
This system is so pathetic that in 2004 or 05 they supposedly gave away close to 50,000 visas to Indian applicants (the cap was not in effect at the time). Now last year with the cap in place India EB3 did not become unvailable the whole year with just 2800 visas. One year they processed 50,000 cases and the next year they couldn't process 2800? With thousands upon thousands of cases waiting for visa numbers shouldn't 2800 visas go away in one quarter?
All this makes no sense to me. What makes sense is that these problems will persist for a while. We just need to be patient and be ready to wait for years.

cheers,

saras

In FY 2004 there were 38446 EB visas issued to India
In FY 2005 there were 47705 EB visas issued to India

For FY 2006 there were only 10,650 available according to the November 2005 VB.
Remember that all the 131,000 unused visas from 1999 and 2000 were used on the last 2 years(04 and 05).
Unless there is a temporary relief the problem will persist for India and in no such scale to China.

i disagree that lawyers will benefit from increase in EB visa numbers...........

they are already benefitting with thousands renewing their EAD/AP/H1 etc.....and having to file I-140/labor etc multiple times...

lawyers are more interested in 11 million illegals and of course increase in H1 numbers........because H1 are new customers.........

Thkx for sharing

Berkeleybee,

Although not of my liking, I really mean to thank you for your initiative & sharing the info with us. For once this feels more factual then anything I’ve ever read. & enables me to reconsider my expectations for this fiscal. I still keep a healthy level of scepticism toward this info since USCIS itself appears clueless.
Also, do you have any suggestion as to why April is given as a critical date ? My understanding was LC backlogs were to be completed in September 07.

Again thkx
Cheers

techy2468 said:
i disagree that lawyers will benefit from increase in EB visa numbers...........

they are already benefitting with thousands renewing their EAD/AP/H1 etc.....and having to file I-140/labor etc multiple times...

lawyers are more interested in 11 million illegals and of course increase in H1 numbers........because H1 are new customers.........

Many of lawyers get maximum fee from clients when filing the last step I485, (in most cases which I know it is around 60-70% of agreed fee for whole greencard process).

I think that around 50% of people do not have sponsorship for greencard process from their companies. If you pay your own money there is no reason to pay lawyer for renewing EAD/AP/H1 almost all of my friends do it without lawyers or any other " immigration practitioners" help.

That's why immigration lawyers want to have more EB visas available (to be able to get fee for filing I485) but of course they want to process 11 million illegals the same time.

andy garcia said:
In FY 2004 there were 38446 EB visas issued to India
In FY 2005 there were 47705 EB visas issued to India
For FY 2006 there were only 10,650 available according to the November 2005 VB.
Remember that all the 131,000 unused visas from 1999 and 2000 were used on the last 2 years(04 and 05).
Unless there is a temporary relief the problem will persist for India and in no such scale to China.

Yes .. If relief is not provided in terms of visa numbers .. atleast we should get EAD/AP for say 5 years.

Dear Berkeleybee

Thank you for being the bearer of news and for your persistence. I am sorry you are so-close and so-far away. It seems clear that something massive needs to be done. Did the Stare department official have any suggestions?
I agree Schedule A should get visa numbers while so many others waiting in the queue keep waiting for years.

:( Same here, my EB2 PD is Jan 24th. Since May 2006, the cut-off date only moved by a week. Waited for long and finally figured, there is no point speculating and getting disappointed after every bulletin. We get it when we get it.. thats it.. Wish my labor went to DBEC instead of PBEC - as it could have been approved before retro came into effect and filed for concurrent processing like our calif friends with similar PD.

GCin-waitng said:
Dear Berkeleybee

Thank you for being the bearer of news and for your persistence. I am sorry you are so-close and so-far away. It seems clear that something massive needs to be done. Did the Stare department official have any suggestions?
I agree Schedule A should get visa numbers while so many others waiting in the queue keep waiting for years.
bluekayal

techy2468 said:
if i remember it right.......its not 9800/year for EB2-india.........its just 2800/year ......and this included family also.....that means only around 1300 actual candidates are going to get GC via each country-category...

am i wrong?
You're absolutely correct.

berkeleybee not on IV anymore?

That is an interesting question as to why this has not been posted on IV site by berkeleybee. When I checked IV site, berkeleybee's last visit to IV site was on 11-07-2006. Also take a look at this thread:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=149224&page=1352&pp=15

Combining these two, is there something that we should be reading between the lines here?!?

I sincerely hope it is accidental and there is nothing to interpret here.

saras76 said:
berkeleybee,

If I remember correctly you used to be or are a very active member in immigrationvoice. Its surprising that you have not shared this disturbing information in the immigrationvoice portal. Maybe I missed it on that forum.

This sort of information should encourage more people to support immigrationvoice and should have been posted on that forum even before the posting here.

cheers,

saras

another_fella said:
That is an interesting question as to why this has not been posted on IV site by berkeleybee.

I just checked some of the post by IV members :

1> URGENT NEWS: Immigrationvoice.org is going to do a big push to get us all greencards

2> From the Horses Mouth: No Movement in EB-2, EB-3 India for FY 2007

Looks like they are having another fund raising drive soon.

I wish them Good Luck.

will have the opposite effect

If BerkeleyBee thought this type of posting will cause a surge in IV donations then it will definitely backfire. C'mon if I told you that a senior USCIS officer told me that the dates will not move will u take time to do anything afterall it has already been decided. The uncertainty over the dates is what making people donate to IV. If everyone knows that EB based immigration is going to take another 10 years, no one is going to wait and fight to speed it up. They'll take the next bus to Canada or Australia. So if BB really posted this to help IV fund drive it's going to backfire.

AGC4ME said:
If BerkeleyBee thought this type of posting will cause a surge in IV donations then it will definitely backfire. C'mon if I told you that a senior USCIS officer told me that the dates will not move will u take time to do anything afterall it has already been decided. The uncertainty over the dates is what making people donate to IV. If everyone knows that EB based immigration is going to take another 10 years, no one is going to wait and fight to speed it up. They'll take the next bus to Canada or Australia. So if BB really posted this to help IV fund drive it's going to backfire.
Canada and Australia........do not come any close to USA........and since we are already in usa.......we dont want to start over again.........so people may be interested to get GC of usa at any cost...........or go back to home country.....

I cannot understand why the moderators have to make IV impose themselves on people on this site, carrying out their fundraising and even degrading members of this site. No info. from IV should be posted on this site because they cannot show any accomplishment in what they claim they stand for. They should not be allowed to carry out their business here, if so, why then stop the spammers who advertise cell phones etc.

thera33 said:
I cannot understand why the moderators have to make IV impose themselves on people on this site, carrying out their fundraising and even degrading members of this site. No info. from IV should be posted on this site because they cannot show any accomplishment in what they claim they stand for. They should not be allowed to carry out their business here, if so, why then stop the spammers who advertise cell phones etc.
i disagree with you....i dont think IV are imposing on others......they are in fact one of us......if we cannot directly contribute to their efforts we should atleast appreciate their efforts....

I really feel sad to see people asking for results even before they show some support.........

but i do understand that most people cannot comprehend what IV is trying to do is almost next to impossible..........but that does not mean they should not try........

i have seen couple of posts.......where people say that IV has failed because there has been no legislation yet...........i hope they know what a legislation being passed by congress means........

i have differed with IV on hundred things..........but i appreciate their efforts.......even though i may not have participated even if i was still affected by retrogression..........since i personally beleive that its almost impossible to get a legislation with the support of just 2000 people.........i will like to spend my time and energy on other things........

so stop saying that you will believe in god only when your list gets fulfilled....

berkeleybee said:
I posted this instead of just sitting on the info because I thought that all the people who look at the Visa Bulletin page every day and speculate on its contents constantly would get a break, and think about other things for 6 months.

Hang in there.

best,
Berkeleybee

All,

I remember when retrogression reappeared on the scene and I found immigration portal. An amazing resource with far more information at that time than any other place. I remember how hungry I was for facts, analysis and clues that would tell me a little more about the predicament I was in. I know what it is like to look for the Visa Bulletin around the 11th of each month.

Thats the only reason I wrote about my conversation with the state dept official. If someone knew what I knew I'd wish they would share that info. It has nothing to do with strategy, fundraising, IV or any other person.

Perhaps it is this the situation of being stuck for so long that breeds conspiracy theorys. :)

best,
Berkeleybee

BB ... we all know, misery attracts misery. And you are right .. a good lot of us are getting impatient. Believe you are as sorry to share as we are to hear the news.

For those who are questioning IV, I am amongst them. But than if IV is merely splash in pan ... we will see that. No need to paint them in any color. Results and near future will prove if IV is fluke or a strong forum.

Just a simple question ..

berkeleybee said:
All,

I remember when retrogression reappeared on the scene and I found immigration portal. An amazing resource with far more information at that time than any other place. I remember how hungry I was for facts, analysis and clues that would tell me a little more about the predicament I was in. I know what it is like to look for the Visa Bulletin around the 11th of each month.

Thats the only reason I wrote about my conversation with the state dept official. If someone knew what I knew I'd wish they would share that info. It has nothing to do with strategy, fundraising, IV or any other person.

Perhaps it is this the situation of being stuck for so long that breeds conspiracy theorys. :)

best,
Berkeleybee

BB,

There is no conspiracy theory here although some people have taken it a bit to far. I was the one who had the original question and you have yet to address it. I am not questioning the validity of your information, everyone knows that PDs for India EB3 and EB2 will most likely not move much till the next fiscal year. I am just wondering why you have not shared this information on the IV forum where you were/are active. This is a valid question and has nothing to do with conspiracy theories.

IV continues to ask for support and people are actually contributing their own hard earned money. If a long standing active member stops posting on the IV forum and starts posting important updates that he/she probably attained due to connections built through IV, on other immigration forums, current/potential IV members have the right to question that.

A simple answer can be that you are no longer with IV or have differences with them and hence you did not post there or whatever else your reason maybe. I would have never asked this question if you were not an active member of IV (used to be anyway).

I do not have anything against IV or any person in general but every posting and every update has to be analyzed and questioned. Valid questions cannot be unilaterally labeled "conspiracy theories" and dismissed especially if the question relates to an organization that is actively collecting public money. I tend to believe that when people run out of answers, they use UN's tactic of labeling it a "conspiracy theory" and dismissing it.

regards,

saras

berkeleybee said:
If it was legal, I would just paste a recording of my conversation. The guy was not making anything up, and this is not the first time I have talked to him.

I wonder why its' so difficult for you to post the article on IV site. In past you used to post in IV site and then post a link over here....

I am sure that the State Department officials did not pass you any classified materials :)... Since he is the public man and whatever he says in public can be quoted...

You can upload the conversation over here or in YouTube ... lets all hear what the horse had to say ... and do tell us what’s his name and position in the state department is .....

I think in doing the above you will negate what you call conspiracy theorys (well the plural of theory is theories and not theorys).....