From the Horses Mouth: No Movement in EB-2, EB-3 India for FY 2007

This has proven wrong. So either there is no logic in State department or berkeleybee was giving false information.

Berklybee is logiclife from ImmigrationVoice and he used scary tactics to get more members/donations to IV during those rainy days, check immigrationvoice nobody is bothered about tommorrows senate debate, they are busy filing 485 most of core member perhaps got their green card, IV is on slow death bed

united nations took advantage of misarable advantage, he also racked up some money and left this forum deleting all his post, but he still have few ardent fans here

USCIS/DOS/DOL is the winner as always, they stumped everyone including themselves

I am confused

... in Sep 2007!

What does that mean- no forward movment. DOes it mean that the dates will stay current? Or that they will retrogress again. ANd if so to what date- jan 2003/ spril 2004 for eb2 -India.
I am confused. Can you clarify?
:confused:

You are saying this because you have now got your greencard. It is this attitude of immigrants that is dividing us. Everyone wants to close the door of opportunity behind them. People who get their greencards, don't care about those who are waiting.

I am really sorry if hurt any body feelings, but what I said here is the truth, try to face it,

by the way, I got my green card but I still do care about this community so I visit back once in a while,

I am not sure what offended you I am just trying to say facts which are hard

This has proven wrong. So either there is no logic in State department or berkeleybee was giving false information.

Berklybee is logiclife from ImmigrationVoice

(a) I most certainly am not logiclife!!

(b) I was not giving false information. My original post is from February 2007, a nearly verbatim report of a conversation with the DOS official who sets the cutoff dates. If you read the April 27 Murthy Bulletin, you know that after discussions with multiple sets of stakeholders in April 2007, DOS/USCIS revised its estimate of EB visa demand. My conversation happened before this revision.

DOS sets visa cutoff dates based on its expectation of how many applications will be ready (i.e. all done and will use up a EB visa) in a given month. However, since USCIS does not gather concrete data on EB applications (by PD, preference and country; see 2007 Ombudsmans Report, p. 35-36), DOS is essentially operating in the dark, making guesses. And boy, did they screw up!

This DOS official is not picking up his phone these days, so I don’t know his public position on why this screw up persisted for so long.

Here is what seems like a not unreasonable bit of speculation

(1) If you read the 2007 Ombudsmans Report you know that as of May 2007, it looked like about 40K EB visas would be wasted (see p. 33).

(2) We also know from the 2007 Ombudsmans Report that only about 37% of pending applications get through the name check in less than 3 months (see table on p. 38). Starting July 2007 they only have 3 months before the fiscal year ends on Sept 30, 2007.

So in order to use up those 40K EB visas with new applications, they would need a huge number of new applications to hit (at least 100K) so that enough of them get through to the end.

Nobody can be more pissed off than I am about the scale of this screw up. After a multi year wait at the BECs, an overlong wait at the I-140 stage despite premium processing, I spent 9 months with my PD just 2 weeks away from the EB-2 cutoff date. Recent events have shown that this last 9 month wait was *completely* unnecessary,

(a) I most certainly am not logiclife!!

(b) I was not giving false information. My original post is from February 2007, a nearly verbatim report of a conversation with the DOS official who sets the cutoff dates. If you read the April 27 Murthy Bulletin, you know that after discussions with multiple sets of stakeholders in April 2007, DOS/USCIS revised its estimate of EB visa demand. My conversation happened before this revision.

DOS sets visa cutoff dates based on its expectation of how many applications will be ready (i.e. all done and will use up a EB visa) in a given month. However, since USCIS does not gather concrete data on EB applications (by PD, preference and country; see 2007 Ombudsmans Report, p. 35-36), DOS is essentially operating in the dark, making guesses. And boy, did they screw up!

This DOS official is not picking up his phone these days, so I don’t know his public position on why this screw up persisted for so long.

Here is what seems like a not unreasonable bit of speculation

(1) If you read the 2007 Ombudsmans Report you know that as of May 2007, it looked like about 40K EB visas would be wasted (see p. 33).

(2) We also know from the 2007 Ombudsmans Report that only about 37% of pending applications get through the name check in less than 3 months (see table on p. 38). Starting July 2007 they only have 3 months before the fiscal year ends on Sept 30, 2007.

So in order to use up those 40K EB visas with new applications, they would need a huge number of new applications to hit (at least 100K) so that enough of them get through to the end.

Nobody can be more pissed off than I am about the scale of this screw up. After a multi year wait at the BECs, an overlong wait at the I-140 stage despite premium processing, I spent 9 months with my PD just 2 weeks away from the EB-2 cutoff date. Recent events have shown that this last 9 month wait was *completely* unnecessary,
Till the time you're putting accross stuff honestly...doesn't matter what people say. People can make decisions based on what info is on hand & what they anticipate...the outcome has an element of luck...:)
Keep the info flowing.
Rgds.

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.

Are you saying that it's possible for somebody to get through the I-485 full processing in 3 months? Sounds crazy!
What is the average processing time in your experience?

See here

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1711403&posted=1#post1711403

He got approved in 2 months of I-485 filing

I-485,I-131,I-765 Filed on 04/23/2007 for myself and my wife

I-485 Card production ordered on 06/27/2007 for both of us

Are you saying that it's possible for somebody to get through the I-485 full processing in 3 months? Sounds crazy!

Ordinaria,

I am no authority on processing times. Just a research minded person stuck in the process like everyone else. Check out trackitt.com to see how people on that site are making out. There are some people who get their I-485 done in that time frame (and note that not everyone reports these things on this forum or any other forum; it is people who are stuck who tend to be on these forums looking for info.)

Also average processing time will include applicants who are stuck in name check. We know that 63% applicants are stuck in name check for 3 months or more; of these 32% are stuck for more than one year; and 17% are stuck for more than 2yrs. So the average processing time might be very long, but there are people who do get done in less than 3 months.

My speculation above is just based on the pending name check data in the Ombudsmans report, remember that it also means that USCIS has to crank through these files fast. They may not get all 40K, but any reduction in the number of wasted EB visas is worth it from both our and USCIS' pov.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are there some Service Centers that are faster than others?
Do you have to file in a specific SC depending on where you are located?
Excuse my ignorance, and thanks for your reply.