From J1 to H1B

Yuilly

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

Just wanted some help on the following subject.

I am currently finishing up my 18 month J1 visa, which finishes in March and i would like to get an H1-B visa to work with the same company i have been working with for another 2 - 3 years.

I have financed the trip myself so i do not have to go back home to the uk for 2 years or get a waiver.

What is the exact procedure i need to go through to get the H1-B visa? do i need to go back to the UK? what forms do i need to fill out? Are any stipulations on this visa?

I literally have no clue and would appreciate some help on the subject.

Thanks in advance.
Phill

Just wanted some help on the following subject.

I am currently finishing up my 18 month J1 visa, which finishes in March and i would like to get an H1-B visa to work with the same company i have been working with for another 2 - 3 years. H1b can only be applied for by your employer here: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/us...nnel=73566811264a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD Are all the requirements and forms for that. Is your employer willing and able to sponsor you? Also most H1B visa are capped (there is a maximum amount available a year) The visa become available in April BUT if you get one of these you are not allowed to work until Oct. If your employer is exempt (the cap doesn't apply to them) they can apply for a H1B for you at any time.

I have financed the trip myself so i do not have to go back home to the uk for 2 years or get a waiver. I don't know enough about this but I will believe you

What is the exact procedure i need to go through to get the H1-B visa? do i need to go back to the UK? what forms do i need to fill out? Are any stipulations on this visa? the procedure is explained in the link above, your employer fills out the paperwork, you do not have to leave the country providing you do not overstay your current visa. H1B is specific to the job it is for, so you are not able to change jobs on the visa-unless you then transfer it etc.

I literally have no clue and would appreciate some help on the subject.

Thanks in advance.
Phill

No i'm pretty sure i'm good.

Although on my DS2019 form niether area has been marked by the immigration officer, where it asks if i am not subject or if i am subject. But i have had no government financing and my home country of UK has no skills list.