Freedom from deep depression RD 07/09 ND 8/23 AD 04/30

dam_it

Registered Users (C)
PD Sep\'99
FP Dec end
EAC-01-253
India/NJ/EB3

While reading through posting of other people approval I used to think a bright light would sparkle

around me when I hear the words "this case has been approved". Nothing like that happened when I heard

those words on 4/30/02. In fact I went ahead to continue with completing and submitting my code.

The long journey started in 3Q 1997 when I filed for my LC from NJ and patiently waited for it till

early 1999. While I waited for my LC, I saw all my friends taking the RIR train and getting to I140

stage. By this time I was eligible for EB2 but to avoid risk I filed RIR LC with the same company which

filed it in EB3. With my kind of luck the RIR cases started taking too much time but any how I got it

and filed for I140. Before I could get my I140, EB3 date became current and all the friend who took the

RIR train got in and filed for I485. Anyhow I got my LC from NJ, Finally. I filed for I-140 as fast as

I could as this LC had priority date of 1997 but once again with my luck I140 waiting time changed from

3 months to 10 months. I got RFE and waited little more for approval. By April 2001 I was totally

frustrated as I had done every thing to improve my odds. I got everything ready for I485 including

getting medical done. I had I140 with sep 1999 PD while I140 with 97 PD was no where in site. In july

while I was waiting for my date to be current, It became current for everybody and flood gate opened

for EB3. Trying to get little edge, I send my I485 papers to Lawyer before July 1st but later found out

that Lawyer was on vacation till 4th july. This is how I got the 9th july RD. Things got better as I

got my EAD and AP without any event and got FP done end of Dec. Till this time I was not coming to this

message board that often as it was fuelling my obsession and making me depressed. To add to my

frustration I realized that my I140 was approved for CP.

I found out from a friend that AVM will change after they get my FP so I stated checking once a week

and started once a week trip to this site. On 18th JAN my AVM changed to "processing resumed". Slowly

my visit to this site became a daily ritual but still I was checking my AVM only once a week. As soon

as I saw the first approval on this board, I started visiting more than once a day and started checking

the AVM daily. I was kicking my self for not filing I485 after July 13th as all the approval were after

that date. By april 1st I was totally hooked and my obsession got to the point where I was checking

this board every hour. Somehow I resisted the urge to call IIO as I was convinced its a waste of time

even though I was spending most of my day obsessing about my GC and loosing my job. INS slowed down to

halt in mid april and I was totally trashed. I bought audio book by Deepak Chopra "How to know GOD" and

that gave me little respite from my pain of waiting endlessly. I reduced my visit down to twice a day

though I was checking status at 4:00 everyday. I programmed my cell phone so that I don\'t have to punch

in all the numbers and enabled the auto redial. Most day I\'ll get through by 4:30 to hear the message

"processing resumed". Last week I saw a posting where guy said he used to check the AVM at 5:00 so on

30th April I somehow waited till 5:00 and pressed the button. Phone rang at 5:25 and while going

through the sequence I was expecting the same old message but instead I got the most sought after

message "this case has been approved. On April 30th we mailed the approval". Man, I didn\'t event got

the rush in my body. I worked till 7:00 and went home. By this time news stated having some effect and

my wife some how guessed that there is a good new. We went to temple to thank GOD. Didn\'t sleep very

well as all the memories of past 6 years where coming back.

The things I\'ve learned are

Missed this part. don\'t know why

The things I\'ve learned are
1. No matter what you have to go through, you do get it at the end.
2. No matter how awful you feel there are people in much worst trouble.
3. Its hard not to envy people who get GC before you while coming after you in the game.
4. Calling VSC is a waste of time and people here have better answer for all your questions.
5. Cheer up as getting I485 approval is not the only thing in your life.

I would like to thank everybody on this message board and apologies to Milk and others as I never added my name to any of the tracker.

I can not thank Rajeev Khanna enough for keeping this site alive. If GOD is keeping track, Rajeev must be scoring big time with all the thanks from victims of GC processing.

Sorry for not posting my approval sooner as I was busy writing this post. The people who are board reading this mail should also forgive me.

Wish you all the best,
Hari Om

congrats man! All this gc stuff makes you into is a stronger person!

Enjoy your time And Best of luck for a bright future!

It is a long journey

now it is time for you to enjoy freedom. Just have a recess with a lot of beer.

Congrats

I guess, Processing Dates matter a lot. From what I saw from last two months, it seems approvals are given to those apps with PDs in 1998 and 1999.

Do you guys agree?

Congrats...... Enjoy your freedom... Have fun

By looking at your message length, I came to know that you
have achieved lot of patience........... -:)

Congratulations!!!

Your Big Senti message has real depth!
It is really true that we all have to wait for our turn for "THE BIG DAY"!!!
Congratulations and Now Relax man........
Also pray for people like us too(My case got transferred to local INS office on 04/24).

Congrats .. I feel the pain

your message is really touching .. and I think most of us here can share the pain and hope. I am also July RD, desperately waiting for the magic words .. heard again today "processing resumed on jan 18th"