Free information on "V" Visa

Thanks a lot, Josy

Hi Josi,
It was wonderful to hear from you. Happy New Year to you too!!
It looks like we are in the same boat. I wonder if there IS anyone who has received the EAD. I submitted my fingerprints on 09/27/01. And I think you are right- I am also planning to write to the Chicago office. Also, I read at some website that all the applications are sent to the Missouri Service Center after the initial data entry at Chicago. So the best bet should be writing /phoning the Missouri Center- but there is no add/phone no. to contact.
Any thoughts about this one?
Tina

Hi Tina!!

As I mentioned before,after the fingerprints the process should take 90 days(according to INS Customer Service),so I believe that you should be receiving your EAD card soon.Due to the holidays the mail has been delayed ,I suppose.You are right,the address shown in my NOA says: Missouri Service Center/U.S. INS/P.O.Box #7216/Chicago IL 60680-7216.I am planning to send them a letter by next week,I\'ll be attaching the NOAs(Approval notice for the V1 and the Receipt notice for the EAD application) and explaining that my fingerprints have been cleared since 10/02/01(90 days already!!).I have posted in many immigration discussion boards the same question regarding the EAD,it seems that until now no one has gotten it.Anyway, let\'s continue sharing our thoughts and experiences,all right?

Hello Everybody

People in another forum are still waiting for the V visa and EAD. Yesterday, someone got his EAD finally. He applied in the middle of September and he got his V visa in November and he got the EAD yesterday. I hope they will start coming for everybody. I am waiting since September 16, 2001 and so far I have only received the V visa. I already sent an inquiry to the INS Missouri Service Center last friday. I hope to receive an answer soon.

RE:News on EAD

Hi, Antonia!!! Great news! It\'s a relief to know that somebody finally got the EAD!!!I am in the same boat as you and I have sent a letter to INS inquiring about my status yesterday.I hope that brings a little hope to all of us V visa holders.Thank you for sharing that .

EAD news

Hi Antonia... Thanks for sharing this great news. I am also in the same situation as yours.

It seems that the people that applied first are going to get the EAD last.

Two other friends from the other forum got the EAD today. One is from Dallas, TX and she applied in October, and the other guy is from Ontario, Ca. And the person who got it yesterday is from Chicago (this one applied in september). I really hope to get my EAD soon because i\'m losing my patience. We\'ve been waiting for so long and it seems we have to keep on waiting. Oh, well i thought you might want to know that the EAD are arriving.

hello

Two more people got the EAD. Yesterday. This is in addition to the other 3. One of the them had their fingerprints taken on October 31. It seems that they might have lost the first applications or they are at the botton of the pile of documents. Hopefully we won\'t wait much longer.

Waiting forever

Hi ,Antonia! Thank you to keep us updated.I have applied on 09/25/01.I hope INS finally find "our pile".

Finally!!! I got my EAD today.

Hi all, Here is the glad news. I got my EAD today. I applied on Sept 21 and fingerprint done on Oct 2nd. Hope everybody will receive it soon. Thank God.

Congratulations!!!!

That is great news,indeed MMathew.I wish the best of luck for you and your family.Josy

MMathew

Congratulations!!!!!!!! I\'m soooo happy you finally got your EAD. I hope from now on you work on all of your goals since there\'s nothing that can stop you now. Hopefully, everybody will be posting the same message. Soon. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Got EAD today!!!!!!!!

Finally,after 99 days I got the EAD.I went right away to the Social Security Office and guess what?? They won\'t issue the SS# because INS has not updated their files,therefore they don\'t have the information yet about my A#.I have called INS Customer Service and they have no info on how often INS update their files.It is unbelievable!!!!After all this time we still have to deal with BUROCRACY.They say I have to be patient and WAIT.I am really upset with all this situation.I hope you guys do not have the same problem.

for lynx regarding v2 visa

Hi,lynx
We are facing the same problem.My daughter came to U.S. two days before her 21st birthday. How we can contact you. Thanks.

Congratulations, Josy.

You\'re the first one who encounters this problem with the Social Security Administration that I know of. Why don\'t you try with another office? As far as I know, the SSA calls the INS to verify the working permit to make sure that is valid. That is when they don\'t have the number in the computer. Why don\'t you call the SSA 1800 number and ask the people. Try everything you can becuase it\'s not fair that after all this wait, you still cannot work on your goals becuase of the government burocracy. Good Luck to You!!!! Antonia from Chicago, IL.

Thank you ,Antonia

I really appreciate your kind words.And yes ,I have called SSA 1800 # and they say that the office is correct and that for any info I have to go to the local office and that 1800# does not deal with this kind of inquiring.Well,I will wait for a week to see if I receive anything from them and I probably will check with another office , too. I wish to hear the "GOOD NEWS" from you soon,OK? Josy from New Jersey.

Thanks for now I know I am not alone...

Hi. It\'s a good thing to find out that there are other people who had the same problem like mine. Thank you for responding to my call. It is easy for us to solve this problem if we join together. You can contact me through my E-mail Adress which is lynx_angeles@hotmail.com. I am willing to share any info that I got now pertaining to this matter. Hope to have a response from you again. Thank You.

Thank You Darshi for your response.

Hi. It\'s a good thing to find out that there are other people who had the same problem like mine. Thank you for responding to my call. It is easy for us to solve this problem if we join together. You can contact me through my E-mail Adress which is lynx_angeles@hotmail.com. I am willing to share any info that I got now pertaining to this matter. Hope to have a response from you again. Thank You.

any one with V2 visa rec\'d EAD yet?

Hi everybody,
Has anyone with V2 visa rece\'d EAD from Missouri service center yet. I know Josy who is on a V1 visa recd it but people with V2 visa please post so we can make a difference. thank you

EAD on V visa

Hi Josy,
Congratulations on receiving the EAD, though I am sorry to hear about your SSN problem.Did you receive it yet?
I was away for most of Jan and am updating myself only now. That is why I got late in responding.Guess what? I still have not received my EAD despite sending them a reminder on 11th Jan.And everywhere I interviewed they wanted copies of my EAD to be sent as soon as it arrives. I am afraid I may lose my job offers if the delay is too long.Any comments about this one?

Hello Tina,

It\'s unbelievable how the immigration process works,isn\'t it?I am sorry to know that you haven\'t received your EAD yet. INS did NOT update the info about me,therefore I am still waiting for SS# to be issued. Of course,I have written a letter to them addressing this problem,but no answer .I have been going to the SS office every week to verify if my A# is already on their system .I am trying to go back to school and get a job too,but I am stuck without SS#. Try sending them another letter explaining the circumstances,attach the previous letter and the NOA copies(use certified mail). Since 90 days have passed ,you are entitled to have to an answer from them,so call INS Customer Service again. Best of luck to you,Tina.