Free information on "V" Visa

EAD.

HI TINA,

I UNDERSTAND YOUR CONCERN FOR THE EAD. I WAS ALSO SAILING IN THE SAME BOAT. I CAME ON THE V-VISA IN SEPTEMBER 20. I APPLIED FOR THE EAD IN THE MONTH OCTOBER AND TODAY IT WAS MY DAY I RECEIVED MY EAD CARD TODAY. DON\'T WORRY YOU WILL RECEIVE THE EAD CARD SOON.

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

BYE,

KALEEM

EAD

Hi Kaleem,
My two relatives came on sept 30 on V2 visa and applied for EAD. The notice date is oct 10, but we have not rec\'d EAD yet. Can you tell me what is the notice date in your case and when did you do the finger printing. Thank you in advance for your help in this matter.

Thanks Josy and Kaleem for your kind words....

I do hope that I get my EAD soon since today I received an email from one of the places where I interviewed that I need to fax them the copy of my EAD or else I lose my offer. Can anyone advise me if I can sue the INS if I lose an year due to this delay? Or can I try to get an interim EAD from the local INS office?

EAD for V visa holders

Hi Antonia,
Could you let me know the address/phone no. of the Missouri Service Center at which you sent the enquiry letter?
Have you received your EAD yet?
Thanks and good luck to you!
Tina

same as your case

well, my brother has the same case as you are. he arrived a month ago before he turn his 21st birthday.we didn\'t know that if a v visa expires, he is automatically denied.he applied days after his birthday, and the notice states that he must depart the US. what a waste of money. i also write comments on the INS that all V visa holders should benefit from EAD until their priority dates are reached because sooner or later they will also become immigrants of this country.e-mail me if there is any news about your case.
cm_bautista@yahoo.com

EAD for V visa

i also have the same situation as yours. my problem is that, they can or cannot give me EAD cause i\'m turning 21 this year. this february, it will be 5 months of waiting for my ead. i dont know why they have to include the age of a beneficiary. i think that they have to give us ead even if our V2 visa expires cause we have a petition anyway and they permit us to enter the US.

EAD for V visa

hey kaleem, are you 20 yrs old? well if that\'s so, why my ead still pending? i came here july 31 and apply for ead last september and biometric but as of now i did not receive anything.e-mail me cm_bautista@yahoo.com

v visa regs

i saw in the INS website that V visa regs are still interim and they need comments until march 5, 2002. right now am also still waiting for the new regs.

ead

gkaur, me too, didn\'t receive anything except for the notice of action that they receive my application.

F-1 Status married to a Green card holder

My wife is on an F-1 visa status while i am on greencard status, what\'s the proper procedure for filing her residency???

can i file for I-130 and I-485 at the sametime for her???

please do advise, thanks.

EAD.

Hello Gkaur,

I applied for EAD in last week of September and I received letter on 2nd October from INS went for the finger printing on 3rd.

Bye,

Kaleem

EAD.

HI CHRIS,

I DON\'T HAVE ANY IDEA IN YOUR CASE. YOU CAN CHECK WITH THE MISSOURI CENTER IF YOU CAME HERE ON V VISA.

BYE,

KALEEM

v visa rep.

kaleem,
ok thanks, just want to know if you already received your EAD card. I also came here as a V2 visa holder.

chris

THE MISSOURI SERVICE CENTER FINNALLY PUBLISHED ITS PHONE NUMBER

Please note that they only give automated information. They do not have live assistance but at least we can hear what\'s going on with our cases. You must have your receipt # in order to obtain information. THe number is 816-478-2619. Good luck to all of you!!!

Thanks Antonia for letting us all know

Hi Antonia,
Thank you so much for letting us know the phone no. of the MSC.Unfortunately, despite calling them up I could not get any info on my case even after entering my receipt no. Could you get any info on your case?
Thanks. Tina

Hi tina.

Yes. I got information on my case. They said they ordered my EAD on 11/7/01. And yesterday I got a response to the letter I sent them on January 5, 2002. They said "thank you for notifying us of your problem. An action will be taken." Have you sent them a letter asking for the status of your case? Did you know that now they have a direct p.o.box in Lee\'s Summit, MO? IF you want you can e-mail me at antnevarez@hotmail.com and I\'ll give you the address because I hardly ever get in this forum. Bye. Antonia

EAD on V visa

Hi Antonia,

Thank you so much for all the information you provided. I really appreciate it.

When I called up the MSC and entered my receipt number, the recording said that the receipt no. MSC ----- cannot be found. And there is no live assistance.

I think this info may be useful to all of you: I tried to email the INS from the feedback section from the INS website and made a comment indirectly explaining my situation. I was surprised to get a response from them which stated that I could go to the local INS office and ask for an Interim EAD if more than 90 days hav passed.Unfortunately, I already went twice(before the email) to the local INS office at San Jose, CA and they did not give me an Interim EAD saying they do not give Interim EADs to people with V visa. I am planning to go again
to the local INS office again with the print out of the email I received and hope that this time someone will be compassionate since I will lose 1 year of my career otherwise.You too can try the same thing and see the response you get from the INS.

Can you tell me the website of some other immigration forum where together we make a noise and awake the INS?

Thanks once again for your help. Tina

SSN PROBLEM AND SOLUTIONS (PLEASE READ IF YOU RECEIVED EAD)

Hi Guys!

I got my wife EAD in the mail on 12/15, and applied SSN on Jan.10th and still waiting for SSN. I went to the local office and talked with the Manager, and they explain to me that "If you will receive your EAD card and within 30 days apply for SSN. After 30 days they have to make sure with INS and we know how that goes ! I might be have to wait 2 more months for SSN.

So, if you have applied your SSN after 30 days of EAD wait until 2-3 months for your SSN. If you received your EAD card, please make sure that you will be at SSN office next day. Don\'t wait and be happy with this problem. I am sure that this will help someone !

Thanks and good luck.

V visa

Should Vvisa be necessarily converted to greencard?The V-visa my wife has has a 10 year validity and I am not sure if she has to attend the interview for greencard(priority date coming up shortly)..What if she does not want the greencard?