Free information on "V" Visa

Josy what phone # did you call to contact FBI

Dear Josy,

Please tell me which number did you call to find out if fingerprints were cleared by FBI.
thank you in advance for you help in this matter

FBI phone #

GKAUR, you can call one of the following #(304)625-5590 or (304)625-2406. Best of luck

No Title

Josy, Did you file the V visa by your self. my wife was laid off from her job. Should apply for her v visa through a lawyer or shoud I just apply by myself.

EAD on V visa

I applied for EAD based on V visa in Sept but have got no response despite submitting my fingerprints on Sept 27.

V visa and EAD

Hi Josy,
After reading your posting, I realize that I am in a similar situation and would appreciatew your advice.I am here on a V visa and apllied for EAD in Sept(RD- 09/20/01, ND - 09/21/01. Submitted fingerprints in end of Sept at local INS ASC.
More than 90 days have passed, but I have not heard anything from them.I even went to the local INS office(at San Jose) to try for an Interim EAD but they told me that they do not give EADs to people on V visas.Calling the National Customer Service Center also has not been useful.
Did you get your EAD as yet? I would appreciate any advice in this case. Thanks.

frustrated v visa, want ead myself

The instructions for the form I 765, on page 8, I believe, state that if after receiving no decision from the INS, regarding your I 765, you may go to a local INS office with your receipt notice, they must give you an interim permit to work.I also talked to the INS 1 800 customer service number and they confirmed that an interim permit may be issued 90 days from finger printing appointment.There seems to be a lot of confusion regarding this.To bad that we can not contact the Chicago office directly.Immigration is very disheartening.

EAD based on V visa

It is over 100 days since I applied for EAD. Yesterday, I went to Atlanta INS Office for the interim EAD. But, they told me they cannot issue interim EAD since the application is based on V visa . They asked me to contact Missouri Service Center.

EAD on V visa

Today I talked to the FBI but they do not have any info on my fingerprints. Also, they advised to write to the Chicago office.
Can you advise me on how to get the EAD since I need it for one of my interviews in mid- Jan?

No Title

Hi Tina, I applied for EAD on Oct.23-2001.I had my fingerprints done on Nov.23.The local INS told me I could get the interim work permit by Jan.23, if there has been no decision sent to me from Chicago_Obviously there is much misinformation out there.I have had conflicting reports from the 1 800 number also_One time they say intermim after 90 days from fingerprinting , the next time they say they do not know anything about interim EAD based on v visa.I do not know what to think.I can not find a contact number for the Missouri center and there is not a contact number for the Chicago center.It gets a little depressing seeing people waiting 90- 100 days.I hope to see some positive results for you and others.

Check this out: New Problem to those who Are V Visa Holders

To those who are V Visa Holders And also to those who are waiting for their EAD, please read this. We might have the same case.
 I am a V Visa Holder having a V2 status. Last time, I applied for an EAD. In reply, after 60 days of waiting, the INS sent me a notice that my application was denied,much more they told me to leave the US soon as I get their notice. This was to the reason that I am already 21 years old and no more eligible for the status that I am holding. They got this from the Rules and Regulation which they only released last September 7, 2001,posted on their INS Federal register. As my response to them, I answered their notice telling me that I came here in the US last august 14, 2001 a day before my 21st Birthday in a very expedited manner that\'s why there is no reason for them to terminate my status and deny my application in a simple way. Besides, I\'m not the only one who turned 21 before such Rules and Regulation for V Visa Holders were made effective. There are lots of those turning 21 people were been allowed just like my case. Right now,I am still waiting for their reply. It\'s almost a month from now, that they haven\'t yet answered my letter. So to those who are here because of the V Visa and to those who are waiting for their EAD, EXPECT THAT EVERYTHING WILL BE A PAIN IN THE NECK especially when are already 21 years old. The INS are crazy for launching a Visa Program the only made things worst for all of us. Blame this to their mistake!

Calling all Visa Holders!!! Calling all V Visa Holders!!!

If you have problems about your V Visa please share it with us. I think, by joining together, we can wake our slumbering Immigration Authorities and make them act on the problems that this V VISA Program causing us. Besides, it is their job, it is their mistake, we shouldn\'t be suffering to what they cause.
 To those who got also success stories, please share it too. With our joint efforts, we can solve our own problems concerning this matter.
 Thank You.

Thanks Don

Thanks for the info. It has been almost 100 days now(fingerprints submitted on 09/27) and there is no EAD. My local INS office(at San jose CA) says they do not issue Interim EADs for people on V visa. Where is your local INS office (if you don\'t mind) ?Has your local INS office agreed to give you Interim EAD? Thanks. Tina

Attention V Visa Holders please read this first!

To those who are V Visa Holders And also to those who are waiting for their EAD, please read this. We might have the same case.
 I am a V Visa Holder having a V2 status. Last time, I applied for an EAD. In reply, after 60 days of waiting, the INS sent me a notice that my application was denied,much more they told me to leave the US soon as I get their notice. This was to the reason that I am already 21 years old and no more eligible for the status that I am holding. They got this from the Rules and Regulation which they only released last September 7, 2001,posted on their INS Federal register. As my response to them, I answered their notice telling me that I came here in the US last august 14, 2001 a day before my 21st Birthday in a very expedited manner that\'s why there is no reason for them to terminate my status and deny my application in a simple way. Besides, I\'m not the only one who turned 21 before such Rules and Regulation for V Visa Holders were made effective. There are lots of those turning 21 people were been allowed just like my case. Right now,I am still waiting for their reply. It\'s almost a month from now, that they haven\'t yet answered my letter. So to those who are here because of the V Visa and to those who are waiting for their EAD, EXPECT THAT EVERYTHING WILL BE A PAIN IN THE NECK especially when are already 21 years old. The INS are crazy for launching a Visa Program the only made things worst for all of us. Blame this to their mistake!

Lets help each other...

If you have problems about your V Visa please share it with us. I think, by joining together, we can wake our slumbering Immigration Authorities and make them act on the problems that this V VISA Program causing us. Besides, it is their job, it is their mistake, we shouldn\'t be suffering to what they cause.
 To those who got also success stories, please share it too. With our joint efforts, we can solve our own problems concerning this matter.
 Thank You.

RE:EAD for V visa holders

Hi Tina! Happy New Year to you.I just came back from vacation that is why only now I am answering your posting.Well,I have called INS Customer Service this morning to inquire about my EAD and the info I have obtained is that once you have done the fingerprints it would take 90 days to get the EAD.I have done mine on 10/02/01(therefore, I should be receiving an answer by today!!!),but according to them I have to wait about one more week ,if nothing happens the only way is to write a letter to Chicago Center,they have told me.I am trying to keep myself in a good mood, but it\'s not easy.I\'ll keep you posted all right?

Applying for V visa

Syed,I am sorry to know that,but I am sure she\'ll find another job.Regarding your question,I have done everything by myself.However, I must tell you that I have called INS Customer Service and I have asked to speak to an Immigration officer,they helped me with couple of questions that I was not so sure about.They were surprinsingly helpful.I also have checked INS website and other immigration sites.In your case,I would suggest to consult an immigration attorney,some of them do not charge for a consultation. GOOD LUCK!!