Frankfurt interview questions (necessary documents + passport mailing times to German address)

ITry

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,
finally, i have been invited to my interview in Frankfurt. Prior to the interview i will see the doctor to get my physical.

My questions are now the following:

1. Do i need to bring any supporting documents (bank account statement, school diplomas, etc.) for the interview (my lawyer says no as everything was already previously provided and approved but i want to be 100% certain nothing goes wrong)

2. How long should should i plan to receive my passport with the new Visa/Immigration stamp back to a German address (I need to arrange my return flight back to the US accordingly and want to allow sufficient time to receive the passport)?

3. Once i receive my passport with new Visa stamp back in the mail, am i able to use the US citizenship lines at customs in LAX? :)

4. Will the Visa/Immigration stamp in my passport suffice or will i receive an actual physical green card later on?

5. Once my passport is issued with the Visa stamp, will my current E-2 Visa simply be invalid?

I am extremely excited about this and hope that everything goes well.

Thanks for any help!

1. Bringing the originals with you can't hurt. Worst case you won't need them.

2. Can take some times. 2 weeks or more. They have to do name check and other routine checks.

3. No. Use the "New Immigrant" line. They have those at all major airports. If not, then use the permanent resident/citizen lanes.

4. The stamp in your passport is just a visa, its not a green card. You get a temporary GC stamp in your passport when you enter the US, and a plastic one will be mailed to you within a few weeks.

5. The E-2 will be invalidated when the interview begins. Thats the first thing they do.

1. Bringing the originals with you can't hurt. Worst case you won't need them.

2. Can take some times. 2 weeks or more. They have to do name check and other routine checks.

3. No. Use the "New Immigrant" line. They have those at all major airports. If not, then use the permanent resident/citizen lanes.

4. The stamp in your passport is just a visa, its not a green card. You get a temporary GC stamp in your passport when you enter the US, and a plastic one will be mailed to you within a few weeks.

5. The E-2 will be invalidated when the interview begins. Thats the first thing they do.

Thank you so much for your response!

I am very excited to finally finish this process.

Should I expect any complications during the interview as I see this portion as pure routine.

Again, thank you very much.