France Transit Visa for H1b

gcseeker2002

Registered Users (C)
I have a valid H1b extension and my stamping on my passport expired in march this year. The France consulate website says I need a transit visa for travel through paris. Do I need to apply for this visa in person or is it possible by mail because my nearest French consulate is about 1500 miles away. Can anyone who has done the transit visa this year please share their experience.
Thanks.

What is your to and fro distination? and air line? How long you are going to stay in the transit?

gcseeker2002 said:
I have a valid H1b extension and my stamping on my passport expired in march this year. The France consulate website says I need a transit visa for travel through paris. Do I need to apply for this visa in person or is it possible by mail because my nearest French consulate is about 1500 miles away. Can anyone who has done the transit visa this year please share their experience.
Thanks.

great guru said:
What is your to and fro distination? and air line? How long you are going to stay in the transit?
From Houston to Bangalore through paris. I am in paris from 8.45am to 11am (2 hrs 15 minutes) which doesnt make sense to go 1500 miles to get the visa for ..... What do you advise .......

Which air line.?
Are you transiting same aire line or different air line from Paris.

gcseeker2002 said:
From Houston to Bangalore through paris. I am in paris from 8.45am to 11am (2 hrs 15 minutes) which doesnt make sense to go 1500 miles to get the visa for ..... What do you advise .......

great guru said:
Which air line.?
Are you transiting same aire line or different air line from Paris.
Thank you , never mind I called my agent and changed my trip to singapore airlines. Hope everyone boycots paris.

If you are transiting with same air line (only chnaging the flight) and not going out of the airport, you no need of transit visa.

gcseeker2002 said:
Thank you , never mind I called my agent and changed my trip to singapore airlines. Hope everyone boycots paris.

great guru said:
If you are transiting with same air line (only chnaging the flight) and not going out of the airport, you no need of transit visa.

I haven't travelled through east coast, but isn't it that if you are not going out of the airport (regardless of change in airline) you do not need a transit visa?

Again depends on the country UK France, Germany do not neeed it.

Sc3 said:
I haven't travelled through east coast, but isn't it that if you are not going out of the airport (regardless of change in airline) you do not need a transit visa?