FP with N400 Receipt Notice...Original FP notice not recieved

n4002010

Registered Users (C)
Dear Members,

For the past month, I've been using this forum, and have found it very useful. I thought I'd join, contribute and to start with ask a question.

I basically applied for my N400 in mid-November (2010) and have a priority date of Nov 15th. I waited for over a month for my FP notice to no avail. Since I had to travel in the last week of December, I visited my local FP site, and requested if I could take the FP. The person in-charge was kind enough to let me come in the next day (Dec 21st) and take my FP based on my N400 receipt notice.

I still haven't received the original FP notice yet. I called the FBI number, which I saw in a few threads a few days ago, and they confirmed that they received my FP prints on Dec 21st, processed them and sent them to UCSIS the same day. They didn't provide any additional information.

My question is, do I need the original FP notice, will not having it sent stall the process? Is the fact that I've already done the FP enough for me to be inline for receiving an IL? Should I follow up with UCSIS?

Many thanks in advance for your kind feedback.

Anyone have any advice? I feel comfortable that atleast the FP is complete, just not sure if I need the original notice to come through?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Anyone have any advice? I feel comfortable that atleast the FP is complete, just not sure if I need the original notice to come through?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Since your fingerprint got into the computer before a FP notice was generated, there won't be one generated. It's an automated process. Which local USCIS Office will your interview take place? What is their posted processing timeframe for the N-400?

Dear BigJoe5,

Many thanks for your feedback. My DO is boston and the posted timeframe is 5 months. I presume that includes the entire process from application to oath? In boston, it takes from 1 to 2 months to get an oath date post interview, I'm hoping that the interview is scheduled within 3/4 months of application.

The online system still shows my status as "case received on Nov 17th....". Based on your feedback, I presume the next update will either be the yellow letter or interview letter? Hoping I get something within a month.

Once again, thanks for your help and contribution to others in the forum.

I went to infopass yesterday to check on the status of my case and to double check if they had received the FP. The officer was extremely courtoues and helpful. BigJoe, you were absolutely correct, they said the system showed the FP were done, hence the original notice want be sent out. However, there was some error with a date in the file, the officer said she would send an e-mail to the Lees Summit (MO) office, and that should correct it and move things along. Other than that she checked and said everything else looked fine. I asked about the namecheck, and she said thats what she checked for, and other than the date everything else looked ok.

Question, when they send an e-mail through the internal system to correct any information/date etc, is it reliable to assume it will be corrected and the file moved along? or should I follow up in a few weeks?