FP rec'd for MAY 02 I485. Can they be done sooner?

USER12345

Registered Users (C)
Hi

My friend received notification to do FP in Oakland in early December. for a May filed 485. it took 2 attorney faxes . The second fax ws faxed back to the attorney with a none giving the appointment details and then the official notification came in the post. THe online status system does not indicate that FP noteification is sent.

QUESTION :
Can the FP be done sooner ? onwhat days can they be done if done sooner ?

thanks

I did my FP one month earlier than the scheduled date in El Monte, and got my FP results two days later.

So what's the point of doing FP a month earlier? The results of FP check are usually known within a week or two from the FP date. I guess fot 0218**** this does not make any difference, except for one nuicance:

somebody wrote on this forum that when your FP become one year old and I-485 still pending the INS will ask you to submit to another FPing.
But then hopefully (but not certain!) 0218**** fillers will not have to wait till November 2003 for an approval.

FP appointment

INS does not check the FP appointment date and time. So I guess you can go there anytime as long as you have the FP notification.

FP result will be sent to INS about 2-3 weeks later. You 485 AVM or online status should change to "FP received, process resumed". That seams the only way to confirm FP is done.