FP questions

coaster

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have two qestions to ask you a favor regarding Finger Print

1. Should i bring other docs in addition to the FP notice? Or just walk in with the FP notice?
2. Would it be OK if walk in to do the FP a few days earlier than the FP date since my unavailability on that date? If my presence is earlier than the FP date would the office take it?

FP answers

Hi,

1. Should i bring other docs in addition to the FP notice? Or just walk in with the FP notice?
2. Would it be OK if walk in to do the FP a few days earlier than the FP date since my unavailability on that date? If my presence is earlier than the FP date would the office take it?

All you need is your passport, Green card and FP notice.
As far as going few days earlier to get your FP done, it will be at the descretion of that office. You can take your chances, but if you take something in writing (e.g. a travel itinerary) or something that shows that you will be out of town that specific day or week, that may help.

Hi,

?#1=Your GreenCard and FP notice. BTW, no cellphones allowed, so leave that home.

?#2=not sure about earlier, but you can walk in later. I walked in 2 weeks after my notice and they didn't say anything to me.

Cell phone issue

?#1=Your GreenCard and FP notice. BTW, no cellphones allowed, so leave that home.

?#2=not sure about earlier, but you can walk in later. I walked in 2 weeks after my notice and they didn't say anything to me.

You don't have to leave your cell phone at home. I wouldn't go that far. Always carry your cell phone with you. You never know, God forbid your car can have a breakdown or you can have an accident. You may need it. Leave your cell phone in the car before you step into that fingerprinting office.

You only need to bring greencard for FP (instructions on FP notice). Passport is not required. Depending on your district office , they may accept walk ins on Wednesday or Saturday afternoons. As for cell phone, keep it on vibrate if you really need to bring it to FP, but use it outside.

Last edited by a moderator:
You don't have to leave your cell phone at home. I wouldn't go that far. Always carry your cell phone with you. You never know, God forbid your car can have a breakdown or you can have an accident. You may need it. Leave your cell phone in the car before you step into that fingerprinting office.

Yeah, that's what I did. Silly me. Should have double check what I've typed. lol

Yup! leave the phone in your car.
:)