FP Notice Recvd, but spouse's I-485 not yet applied.

pacha_card

Registered Users (C)
Hi every body,

I never imagined that I would get FP notice so soon. When my 485 was applied my husband was in India on a official work. Mean while my EAD,AP,I140 approved in a record time of with in 50 days. Last week I have also received FP notice :confused: . When I approached my lawyer he asked me to hold on appearing for FP appointment until he sends I485 application for my husband. Accroding to my lawyer it is not going to be an issue if we receive receipts from INS for my husband's I485 then I can have my FP done.

Any of you encounted similar situation ?

Even if you have not faced similar situation, Please share your thoughts on this.

Thanks,
VH
I140/I485/AP/EAD - RD 09/03/2004 - ND 09/09/2004
AP/EAD approval date - 09/23/2004
I140 approval date - 10/21/2004
FP Notice date: 11/08/2004
Priority date - 12/16/2002

pacha_card said:
Hi every body,

I never imagined that I would get FP notice so soon. When my 485 was applied my husband was in India on a official work. Mean while my EAD,AP,I140 approved in a record time of with in 50 days.
Last week I have also received FP notice :confused: . When I approached my lawyer he asked me to hold on appearing for FP appointment until he sends I485 application for my husband.
--- lawyer is correct file his I-485 ASAP and if you wish your lawyer or you can also reschedle the FP date so that his I-485 reaches USCIS
Accroding to my lawyer it is not going to be an issue if we receive receipts from INS for my husband's I485 then I can have my FP done.
--- that is correct
Any of you encounted similar situation ?

Even if you have not faced similar situation, Please share your thoughts on this.
****** Looking at your Priority date - 12/16/2002( PD is the date your LC was recieved by SWA) if they dont approve your I-485 Before December 2004 and if you are EB3 from India then they will not process your I-485 till the date your PD is current becase PD for India, China in EB3 is going to be retrogessed from 2002 nobody knows from what date /date month of 2002, you will only come to know about PD after december 15.
Thanks,
VH
I140/I485/AP/EAD - RD 09/03/2004 - ND 09/09/2004
AP/EAD approval date - 09/23/2004
I140 approval date - 10/21/2004
FP Notice date: 11/08/2004
Priority date - 12/16/2002

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks ginnu for your inputs. But how can you tell that PD will retrogate to some date in 2002 ?? What is the basis for that statement. Or its just a talk you are mentioning.

- VH

pacha_card said:
Thanks ginnu for your inputs. But how can you tell that PD will retrogate to some date in 2002 ??

----I am not telling you I am informing you.
What is the basis for that statement.
------ the DOS has mentioned it. many lawyer have mentined it and you can check with your lawyer or wait for december 15 you will know the EB3 date cut off dates
Or its just a talk you are mentioning.
---- you conlude what you want
- VH

If that is going to be true then my application is going to be untouched until my PD becomes current. Oh boy it is not going to be a good sign. But any way I am not going to be worried much because I have EAD and AP, so I can manage until I get my GC. And it is not too bad if I compare with other folks who has thier PD in 2003 and 2004.

Thanks Ginnu for sharing your knowledge on this topic.

pacha_card said:
If that is going to be true then my application is going to be untouched until my PD becomes current. Oh boy it is not going to be a good sign. But any way I am not going to be worried much because I have EAD and AP, so I can manage until I get my GC. And it is not too bad if I compare with other folks who has thier PD in 2003 and 2004.

Thanks Ginnu for sharing your knowledge on this topic.
---- better file your spouse I-485, EAD,AP ASAP, even if PD retrogress then he will be able to get EAD if his I-485 is filed before december end