FP notice recived/ how long does it take

serafim4o

Registered Users (C)
How long does it usually take after the FP are taken I-485 to be approved? My FP appointment is on 11/05.

serafim4o said:
How long does it usually take after the FP are taken I-485 to be approved? My FP appointment is on 11/05.

Need more information. Is this your first FP? What is your ND? Many people are getting approved within a few months of doing their 2nd FP. Otherwise, the bulk of the approvals these days are for Oct/Nov 2002 ND's with some Jul/Aug 2003 ND cases also getting approved. My own ND is 10/23/03 and I did my first FP about 1 month ago. I expect that my case could be approved within 1 month if I'm lucky or only in 12 months or longer -- it's really hard to say.

ETA

ETA-GC said:
Need more information. Is this your first FP? What is your ND? Many people are getting approved within a few months of doing their 2nd FP. Otherwise, the bulk of the approvals these days are for Oct/Nov 2002 ND's with some Jul/Aug 2003 ND cases also getting approved. My own ND is 10/23/03 and I did my first FP about 1 month ago. I expect that my case could be approved within 1 month if I'm lucky or only in 12 months or longer -- it's really hard to say.

This is my forst FP, my ND is 10/07/03, the FP date is 11/05.

serafim4o said:
ETA-GC said:

This is my forst FP, my ND is 10/07/03, the FP date is 11/05.

That puts you in about the same boat as me.

It could be in < 1 month, it could be in > 12 months. Unfortunately, there just isn't a consistent pattern with I-485 approvals these days. There was even a report (rumor?) posted here the other day that there is a separate location within the VSC dealing with Jul/Aug 2003 (and later?) cases which implies that cases might not even be getting processed in chronological order.

At the I-140 and LC stages, we were able to predict within about 1 month when the cases would be handled (most of the time -- there were always some exceptions)...

If I was a betting man, I'd put the < 1 month scenario at about 5% odds, and the > 12 month scenario at about 20% odds based on what I've seen recently. Very few cases percentage-wise seem to get early approvals and the speculation is that these might be "easy" cases where "easy" might depend on:

+country of origin
+employment catagory
+education level
+whether you are working for the sponsoring employer
+whether you filed AC-21 or moved etc.
+whether there are any medical issues

ETA

ETA-GC said:
That puts you in about the same boat as me.

It could be in < 1 month, it could be in > 12 months. Unfortunately, there just isn't a consistent pattern with I-485 approvals these days. There was even a report (rumor?) posted here the other day that there is a separate location within the VSC dealing with Jul/Aug 2003 (and later?) cases which implies that cases might not even be getting processed in chronological order.

At the I-140 and LC stages, we were able to predict within about 1 month when the cases would be handled (most of the time -- there were always some exceptions)...

If I was a betting man, I'd put the < 1 month scenario at about 5% odds, and the > 12 month scenario at about 20% odds based on what I've seen recently. Very few cases percentage-wise seem to get early approvals and the speculation is that these might be "easy" cases where "easy" might depend on:

+country of origin
+employment catagory
+education level
+whether you are working for the sponsoring employer
+whether you filed AC-21 or moved etc.
+whether there are any medical issues

ETA

and priority date??
does it matter? I applied I485 in Aug 2004 today I got FP notice, isn't it early??

JS485 said:
and priority date??
does it matter? I applied I485 in Aug 2004 today I got FP notice, isn't it early??

Are you serious? :eek: What area are you from? People are waiting >6 months to get 1FP in these days.