FP & Interview in India? pls help

citiappln

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

I have given my FP for N400. Apparently my FPs were rejected on Apr 3 and I still haven't heard from uscis for a new FP appt. It has been 3 mths. Meanwhile I had to travel to India and it's difficult for me to travel back right now. Is it possible for me to do the 2nd FP (when it arrives) and the interview (whenever they send the notice) in India, say, the Chennai US embassy? Is there some sort of loophole?

thanks so much
Rao

Hi,

I have given my FP for N400. Apparently my FPs were rejected on Apr 3 and I still haven't heard from uscis for a new FP appt. It has been 3 mths. Meanwhile I had to travel to India and it's difficult for me to travel back right now. Is it possible for me to do the 2nd FP (when it arrives) and the interview (whenever they send the notice) in India, say, the Chennai US embassy? Is there some sort of loophole?

thanks so much
Rao

Nope. USCIS does not have staff at foreign embassies.

H

Hi,

thanks so much
Rao

I think many people would like to take advantage of such a scheme :D

Hi,

thanks so much
Rao
Hello Rao,

Its NOT possible to do the fp & interview for citizenship outside USA. You may be confusing this with GC interview ...

Why don't you make a short trip for interview & oath? the air fares are really cheap these days OR ask the uscis to reschedule your interview when you are physically present in usa (you have to do this after you receive the actual interview letter from them)

Good Luck

too bad

Hi,
thanks for all ur replies. I could make a trip there,unfortunately my 2nd FP letter is delayed for some reason. the longer it takes, the harder it is for me to travel. oh well, what to do...
Does this happen,the 2nd FP letter being delayed indefinitely?

Thanks
Rao