FP at Newark Experience

x050516

Registered Users (C)
Got there at 7:30 AM today and there were about 50 people there in the line already. Sharp 8 the door opens and we were let in, filled a simple form, waited for about 5 minutes , finger printing took 15 minutes and we were out by 8:30 or so. People were nice. All in all it was a pleasent experience.
 My advice is go there around 8:25 or so, there will be no line outside and you will be out by 9:00 or so. The only difference between going at 7:30 and going at 8:30 is where you wait. If you go in at 7:30 you will wait for 1/2 hour outside. If you go at 8:30 you will wait for 1/2 hour inside..

No Title

Could you please tell whether INS officials at Newark asked any other documentation in addition to FP notice and Photo ID( passport or Driver\'s licence ).
thanks and best of luck

No Title

None. All I showed them was my driver\'s license(with current address) and the original letter (FP notice). That\'s it. I, however, took my passport with me. They did not ask for it. I did not see anyone with a passport anyway.

No Title

I was there this morning too. I reached there at about 7:20 about 20 people were already in
line. Nothing asked. I took my passport with me but all I needed was my EAD card.
I was out at about 8:30. Should have gone there a bit later.
Pretty simple.
One more thing.. The ASC (24 commerce st) is walkable 2 blocks from Newark Penn Stn.

No Title

We were there at 7:40 am. The doors opened at 7:50 AM. They check your papers right at the door. Then once again at the inside door. At this second door, I found that I had some information sheet given to me by my lawer already filled out whereas the others had to sit there and fill them out. I was first to give my fingerprint because of that. In any case, the process is very efficient, there is a big room with many finger printing devices attached to the computers.
You are asked to wash your hands with soap and wipe them lightly. The person looks at your information sheet (It has your name, A#, social security no, date of birth etc that YOU fill out) and enters in the computer. Then he/she goes through taking print of each finger. Once OK, it is printed, you need to sign it and then leave..
We were out by 8:45.

Parking: For those of you who are not too familiar with Newark, if you are willing to walk 3-4 blocks, you can park in $4 for the whole day. Near to INS is $10-12 for the whole day.

No Title

We went to Newark INS around 1:00 pm and we were done with fingerprining by 1:35. 10 Poeple in front of us. Experience was prettty good.