FP Appointment

you just have to go on the line with the receipt

I don`t know for the other states but in NY they allow walkins for fingerprint . I couldn`t wait till august , i`ve decided to go that way and it worked for me and for a lot of people . I took the line early i was like the 5th person near the door that day . The guy only ask me for the receipt showing that i have paid for the i-485 and i-765 plus the fee for the fingerprint . He ask me for ID then gave me a number to wait till they call me . Everything went smooth that day and when i got home i even see a date change on my application . One more thing when the room begun to be full with people the men at the door started to check for confimation number because there was a lot of people coming after like an houre . Hope it helps .

I kept calling and calling (ATL doesn't have anything till October) and I kept getting appointments sooner and sooner, and finally today I got an appt for next week! It was a cancellation!

Hey all...

I dont think you all should take the FP appointment dates that seriously. What difference is it going to make by getting the early FP? From my experience, it just doesnt make your process any faster. I originally had my FP appt on 07/30/05 at Boston ASC, but was lucky enought to get an early walk in i.e 06/21/05. Well at first I was very happy about it, thinking this will make my approval for EAD a little bit faster. Thats not the case I am still waiting for the approval.
So dont get dissapointed if you have received an late appointment.

in my case it's biometrics for my renewal EAD, which expires in 15 days. I really need it! September appt would be too late, since I have my AOS interview in September anyway.

Hey LucyMO I called today..waow I just wait for 15 min, record time!

Well, they have appts for Aug 18 & 19 for ATL...ehh, doesn't work for me, is still like a week later of what I had already and I want as soon as possible (well I doubt that will be a difference for just 8 days now that I am thinking...), but my hubby already asked for those days and we decided to make an enjoyable trip. But the customer service told me that I can continue calling to check if there are others openings during the upcoming days. WEEEEE!!! So I will call next week, who knows! I have to be sincere that I have been quite lazy about continuing calling but since I have been very busy these days I even calm down about that, anyway is almost 2 weeks from now!

Of course now that I called my hubby about the news, almost crush the phone because I didn't book for Aug 18! hahahaha, who understand him! oh well! I mean I am the one who is double sacrificing in here...:)

I don't know why I am so happy today, hey LucyMO explain me about that you have to take a new biometrics every time that you renew the EAD? oufff.

Good luck,

Just Married,your case is the most late I read over here, normally takes 2-3 weeks after your FP & Bio done to get your EAD card.
Normally the FBI returns the FP results in less than 48 hours. After that most of the time the EAD gets approved.

Everybody wants to work and get an SSN as soon as they can (in the case that you are not in other visa that aloud you to do so), in my case WE really started to need it. And as far as I have been reading as soon as you get your FP &Bio done, soon everything starts to move, actually everything really starts to move after that, of course then came the waiting of the interview.

Did you call and talk with an officer? It has been more than a month! is too long. In your case appears that they received your FP?

Good luck,

yes, as I just found out you have to do biometrics when you apply for a renewal EAD. Surprise....