FP, any Opinions!

bringslite

Registered Users (C)
I did my FP on April, 04/04. My status has never been updated, and that concerns me. Now, a friend of mine who just did his FP last week, does have his online status showing the updated info.

I am concerned, because those retards had lost my file back in 92 (and even after more than 10 letters/year, they never responded). I had to wait until 97 to get an interview, and only after I relocated to a different state that was known to have fast processing timeline :confused: !

Any ideas what's going on? And is it normal not to have my status updated to reflect the FP processing? And should I write to the NE center?

bringslite said:
I did my FP on April, 04/04. My status has never been updated, and that concerns me. Now, a friend of mine who just did his FP last week, does have his online status showing the updated info.

I am concerned, because those retards had lost my file back in 92 (and even after more than 10 letters/year, they never responded). I had to wait until 97 to get an interview, and only after I relocated to a different state that was known to have fast processing timeline :confused: !

Any ideas what's going on? And is it normal not to have my status updated to reflect the FP processing? And should I write to the NE center?

Back in 1992 they were not even interviewing people, for the most part and you submitted your own fingerprint chart back then.

bringslite said:

Bringslite, I have the same case, but the online date (not the message) changed around those days that I did fingerprints, so I think that they started changing the messages around June/04. Did your date changed?

Bringslite,

My I-485 (asylum) RD is 06/20/2002,
FP were taken on 07/20/2004 and were processed by FBI the same day (that's what they told me) CIS status has changed couple of days later, on 07/23/2004 and now shows: "...the fingerprints for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were collected and are pending review". Seems really fast, may be something has changed???
Den

If it is saying "Pending review" still not cleared by FBI.you should follow the status update until you see the following message: "the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made".
I got this message after 5 days of FP submission.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did FP in May 04, but still the online status remains the same as we have received your application and it is taking 560 days etc..etc...
but someone I know just did FP in July 04 and the online status has been updated in 4 days after FP.
When I checked back to some old posts for those who had FP before june 04, did not have their case up dated on the web site. Probably in june 04, INS have a new system that allows them to update the case daily so for them who have FP after june 04 will be able to see that their case has been updated.

ND : nov 2000
FP : May 04

I agree with you.Most of us who got the status updated is starting late june or begining of july was finger printed.
In my case it was updated twice,first informing me they are sending me the FP notice then they recieved my FP results.

Good luck

My first update about sending me a FP notice was June 23,2004 and my FP was done on July 3rd and the 2nd update was on July 8 about recieving my FP results

Gebre

Gebre said:
If it is saying "Pending review" still not cleared by FBI.you should follow the status update until you see the following message: "the results of your fingerprint review for your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status were received, and processing has resumed on your case. We will mail you a notice if further action is needed, or when a decision is made".
I got this message after 5 days of FP submission.

The USCIS wording may change a little bit. They may uses " were collected and are pending review" to instead "were received, and processing has resumed on your case".

My FP is 7/20. USCIS emailed at 7/24 for status updating:...were collected and are pending review.

i just received my FP notice today
August 14 10Am

how early do i need to get there??

i am glad at least my case is not lost in their system..lol

I did FP in Sep. '03, then got approved in May '04. Until my approval in May, the message had never changed (from "On... 1999 we received your application...etc...") to reflect the FP processing...