• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Former TN holder and Interview concern

Arun.

Hi, really appreciate the information and the forum. Wondering if I could get an opinion from you, bit of a complex situation with our application.
I am a radiological tech (X-Ray) tech from Canada. My wife is from the Caribbean and was selected this spring. I worked under a TN in the US from 2003 to 2007, under the category "Scientific technologist", as it most closely matched my job skills. I was able to apply for my visas on my own after the 1st one, became quite knowledgeable on the NAFTA Visa's. I do know that there could be some uncomfortable questions during my interview about the legitimacy of being in the US under that category as a Rad tech(It is a bit of a grey zone) should we make it that far. I just want to be as prepared as possible should that happen. Any chance they could deny me but allow the rest of my family through? My oldest son was born in the US, am hoping we squeak by, as like everyone else, it would be a life changing event to live and work in the US. Should they deny me, would that be grounds for a waiver of some sort? Would I be able to withdraw my application should it hold the rest of my family from being accepted, and if so, would my wife be able to sponsor me at a later time?
Any advice you can give would be much appreciated.

If there's cause for you to be found inadmissible for whatever reason, since your wife is the selectee, she and your children will be issued with the IV if your wife meets the requirements. And it wouldn't be because your oldest son is a USC by the way, that has nothing to do with the process.

Once your wife activates her IV and becomes a LPR, she may be able to sponsor your depending on what grounds you were found inadmissible. It currently takes about 2 years to sponsor a spouse, it will take a lot longer if you need to apply for a waiver.