Forgot to register for Selective service system

ahfaisal

Registered Users (C)
Hi All
I came to USA as an immigrant on July 2007 and at that time i was 25 yrs and 8 months old. But didn't know about this registration till yesterday. I think i could apply next yr for naturalization when i would be almost 31. Do i need to talk to sss officer now about this? Pls advise..What should i do now ? NEED your help

Hi All
I came to USA as an immigrant on July 2007 and at that time i was 25 yrs and 8 months old. But didn't know about this registration till yesterday. I think i could apply next yr for naturalization when i would be almost 31. Do i need to talk to sss officer now about this? Pls advise..What should i do now ? NEED your help

You should first check your Selective Service registration status at
https://www.sss.gov/RegVer/wfVerification.aspx

As jackolantern said, it is fairly likely that you were automatically registered when you received your GC.

Thanks for replying! I had immigrant visa when i enetered first. Should i call sss describing the issue?

Don't file an N-400 until after 31st birthday and it is irrelevant.

Not entirely irrelevant as INA 101(f) and 316(e) allow any acts that occurred outside statutory period to be used to determine the GMC. It might be irrelevant in the OP's case, but not necessarily so under the code.