For who was or still waiting for asylum decision more than 2 weeks

i read somewhere in internet and it was lawyer's answer to question that if your decision is delayed you can ask your county senator'
s office for help. I don't know how credible this information is, it was posted by lawyer, if I find it again I will post here

i read somewhere in internet and it was lawyer's answer to question that if your decision is delayed you can ask your county senator'
s office for help. I don't know how credible this information is, it was posted by lawyer, if I find it again I will post here

Pretty much all Congressional offices have people on staff whose job it is to help people in their districts with immigration issues. You can call your Representative's local office, or either of your two Senators' offices and ask to speak someone who can help with an immigration problem and they will put you in touch with the right person. Mostly all the Congressional person can do is contact the asylum office where they may not be able to get any more information than you can on your own, but sometimes they can get more information or find out if something specific is holding up your application and help you resolve the problem. The biggest advantage is that when a Congressional office calls they get the Congressional liaison at the asylum office, who will probably do more than just look at the computer for your case status. They may actually requisition the file and go through it to find out more information.

If you want some background on how casework is handled in general, try http://www.fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/RL33209.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
marvelous !! any person now a days went for interview in Anaheim office very soon , maybe they waited about one or two months
but my case has been pending about one year :( just for interview notice and EAD
i have a really hard life , every person went to interview and got EAD but my case has been in coma unfortunately
i hope finish this nightmare , i hope my friends i hope :(

Hello everyone,
I've been waiting for my decision from Chicago asylum office for almost a month. My interview was on 12 November 2013. The AO told me they will send me a decision by mail because I live in a different state.
I check my postbox up to 4 times a day!:eek: Hope to receive a letter before the New Year....

Hello everyone,
I've been waiting for my decision from Chicago asylum office for almost a month. My interview was on 12 November 2013. The AO told me they will send me a decision by mail because I live in a different state.
I check my postbox up to 4 times a day!:eek: Hope to receive a letter before the New Year....

UPD I am still waiting for decision. It's been three month already..

I received a NOID - that was full of omissions and errors on their part - incorrectly stating facts in my testimony, incorrectly referencing/interpreting state department country reports, ignoring crucial medical evidence submitted by a US medical professionals etc. We sent a strong rebuttal but I am scared - especially because I am in status.

I'm so sorry to hear that.
I heard one out of five get approved after NOID or if they go to court.
Try your best and remember that you still have another chance. I also think you could apply for asylum again if something changed the worst in your life or in your country and you can prove it.
Good luck.

Where did you hear this 1 out of 5 statistic? My rebuttal is very strong because I disprove every objection they have with evidence and state department reports. But I am still afraid...

Don't be afraid ... I'm sure every thing going to be OK
You still have another chance with the asylum office or you could apply again when you out of status.

If they deny me I will probably lose my work authorization that I just got - I haven't even found a job yet. Also I know I can reapply - but since now I passed the 1 year deadline while waiting for many months during this application, maybe they will just reject me now. Then what will I do?

If they deny me I will probably lose my work authorization that I just got - I haven't even found a job yet. Also I know I can reapply - but since now I passed the 1 year deadline while waiting for many months during this application, maybe they will just reject me now. Then what will I do?