• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

For ONLY MEMBERS, Who Played DV2010 and DIDN'Tt receive their NLs yet

I am from Asia
Live in Bangladesh
Expecting to receive in Bangladesh
1st try :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
hello losers why is this thread dead ? Lets rock n roll here. After all we still have hope, atleast we have DV-2011. So cheer up !!! :D

OK guys I give up.

This DV thing will produce me a heart attack or something but I definitely forget about DV-2010. Day after day I am checking my mail box and just finding sand and electricity/water/phone invoices..every night going to bed with the illusion that next day will be the day...but then nothing, .. I can not keep going this way so I just made my mind to forget about the DV program and keep going with this monotone life.

I had a very good premonition this year, specially after receiving job offer in US and having a lot of friends asking me why not moving to US (some Americans think it is so easy...), so I thought this year something good will happen to me (never happened to me a good thing, I never won any kind of lottery, I never had luck at all, so I thought this time might be the one!).

However I built a big hope around this and now I see it is such an impossible thing to achieve..., 9million of people and only 100.000 will get the NL...so why a humble Moroccan that resides in Spain should be lucky getting a NL??? Now I see how impossible is!.

I am sorry for this wall of text, but I just wanted to relieve sharing my sadly thoughts.

Thanks for all and congratulations to those people who made it.

Regards,

I personally would like to see some sort of "penalty" system imposed on people who win and decide not to take it up. The chances of winning this are so small partly because the system is littered with those who don't have a hope in hell of ever taking it up and still apply. Eg. not enough money, unsuitable educational qualifications, illegally in America, unenthusiastic about relocating etc etc. How often do we see these posts on here? It really angers me. Yet, you read about these people winning!! If I were running this system, anyone who wins and decides not to take it up should be automatically disqualified from ever applying again.

OK guys I give up.

This DV thing will produce me a heart attack or something but I definitely forget about DV-2010. Day after day I am checking my mail box and just finding sand and electricity/water/phone invoices..every night going to bed with the illusion that next day will be the day...but then nothing, .. I can not keep going this way so I just made my mind to forget about the DV program and keep going with this monotone life.

I had a very good premonition this year, specially after receiving job offer in US and having a lot of friends asking me why not moving to US (some Americans think it is so easy...), so I thought this year something good will happen to me (never happened to me a good thing, I never won any kind of lottery, I never had luck at all, so I thought this time might be the one!).

However I built a big hope around this and now I see it is such an impossible thing to achieve..., 9million of people and only 100.000 will get the NL...so why a humble Moroccan that resides in Spain should be lucky getting a NL??? Now I see how impossible is!.

I am sorry for this wall of text, but I just wanted to relieve sharing my sadly thoughts.

Thanks for all and congratulations to those people who made it.

Regards,
Hi my dear friend,
My situation is almost the same like yours...Every day I check my mailbox, but there are anything but NL...
I totally understand you...But, be faithful, you never know...
Lucky comes in a moment...
I wish you to get your NL...
Regards,

I personally would like to see some sort of "penalty" system imposed on people who win and decide not to take it up. The chances of winning this are so small partly because the system is littered with those who don't have a hope in hell of ever taking it up and still apply. Eg. not enough money, unsuitable educational qualifications, illegally in America, unenthusiastic about relocating etc etc. How often do we see these posts on here? It really angers me. Yet, you read about these people winning!! If I were running this system, anyone who wins and decides not to take it up should be automatically disqualified from ever applying again.

I have read in another forum about a guy that won the DV-2009 and did not go even to the interview (he said that just tried), and this year he won again DV-2010 !!!! and he is still thinking what to do..!!!! Don't you think is crazy???

Anyway.

Hi my dear friend,
My situation is almost the same like yours...Every day I check my mailbox, but there are anything but NL...
I totally understand you...But, be faithful, you never know...
Lucky comes in a moment...
I wish you to get your NL...
Regards,

Thanks for your response,

At this time (almost mid July) I do not have hope at all. I am just trying to overcome the deception and trying to live my life hoping to forget about this in next weeks.

The thing is that I am traveling to US on August as tourist (I do this twice a year) and this time will be difficult for me to be there and think that another year it is just an untouchable dream to become a citizen instead of a visitor. I think that if I have never stayed in USA it would be easier to forget, but I have been going there for years and everytime my hopes are in coming back as a citizen.

Good luck to you my friend.

Regards,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your response,

At this time (almost mid July) I do not have hope at all. I am just trying to overcome the deception and trying to live my life hoping to forget about this in next weeks.

The thing is that I am traveling to US on August as tourist (I do this twice a year) and this time will be difficult for me to be there and think that another year it is just an untouchable dream to become a citizen instead of a visitor. I think that if I have never stayed in USA it would be easier to forget, but I have been going there for years and everytime my hopes are in coming back as a citizen.

Good luck to you my friend.

Regards,
I can`t believe...Same like you...
I will go to USA in the end of July, but for bussiness work...
I would like to be a US citizen...
I feel, on of us will get NL in the next 10 days...
You will see...
Regards,

I am trying DV2010 through a lawer.

and he said NL are starting to come from April to his firm on DV2009.

but this year, finaly start to come to his firm this month.

so it means already 2 months late than last year....:confused:

I hope I can get...