For Concurrent filling of I –140 / I-485...in Feb, March , April, May 2005

jmccoy123 said:
Well here you are Mr FastTrack. I got my I-140 approved today after 37 days. Thanks for giving me inspiration. The problem I have now is that My Lawyer filed I485 just 3 days ago. I was wondering what will happen to that now. Had I known that my I140 will come fast I would gone for consular processing to India. Do you have any thoughs?

I140 RD 19th April 2005
AD 25th Map 2005
I485 RD ?? not received yet filed on 23nd May

Thanks,
John

Hi jmccoy123,
Congrants............That good news, I am really very happy about you... This is good sign that NSC is back on track. I will can not worry about your I-485 that will be also done soon. With in 1 week you will get RD for I-485 and within 1-2 month you will receive the finger print notice. And then you are all set to go. Personnel I do know suggest to go for consular processing in India because i have heard that percentage of denying is higher there as compare to here.

March 2005 I-140/I-485

Hi Guys,

How can I find out if USCIS has asked for my Name Check ? If USCIS has asked, then How can I find out from FBI, the status of my name check ?

Friends,

Any idea which case NSC is working on right now for I-485 EB2 ? Are they goin by PD or RD ?

Good Luck Everyone !!

Thanks...
JMJ

------------------------
My case Details:

EB2 RIR PD : August 2003
I-140/I-485 Concurrent -Nebraska: March 2005
EAD/AP Approved : Apr 2005
FP Apr 2005
I-140 RFE & Approved : June 2005
I-485 : Pending

New Addition

New to this thread

My Details:

PD: May 2004
LC approved: May 2005
EB2-I140/485/EAD filed on 06/02/2005

I am new to this thread as well.

My details are:

EB2 RIR PD : June 2002
I-140/I-485 Concurrent -Nebraska: April 5, 2005
FP May 11 2005
I-140: Pending
I-485: Pending

New entry

I am new here as well.
I got my I140 approval notice yesterday. The notice actually shows the (notice) date as May 18 2005. See my signature below for details.
Thx

Hi, My sponsor filed my l-140 and i received my notice of action dated april 11, 2005 under Nebraska Service Center. How will i know if it is approved? Thank you. What is Priority date means?

Last edited by a moderator:
Qatrn said:
Hi, My sponsor filed my l-140 and i received my notice of action dated april 11, 2005 under Nebraska Service Center. How will i know if it is approved? Thank you. What is Priority date means?

Priority date in general is the date your labor application was originally received by SESA. To some extent this determines when your 485 gets processed or whether you can file for 485 now or need to wait for some time. However this does not affect I140. I am not sure what the priority date is in cases where there is no need for labor. I think, in such cases the date your I140 received by USCIS becomes the priority date. I could be wrong though.
Priority date gained a lot of importance lately because there has been a retrogression recently in EB3 category for people from India, China. Here is the June 2005 Visa bulletin and I just copied a sentence from there: "Only applicants who have a priority date earlier than the cut-off date may be allotted a number."
http://www.immigration.com/newsletter/2005-06.html
When you see "PD" in signatures of people posting in this kind of forums, that refers to their Priority date.

When your I140 gets approved, your lawyer gets notified. You can also find the status of your application on USCIS web site if you have the LIN number with you:
https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do
I am sure you can find more about these in FAQs also.

Hope this gives you some idea.
Thx

Thanks Grandphipal. It says to my notice of action to wait for 150-180 days before they process the application. Anyway, i will just wait and see. i just get excited when i read that some where processed and apprved in just 35 and 37 days under nebraska. Althogu I am still confused because when i read the bulletine in BCIS, they are processing only ht e application applied in ecemebr 2003 so it is still long road to travel huh!.
Hope to receive my approval also as earlier as those who posted above.....Have a nice day!!

Ya, I saw those fast approvals and turned green with envy when some got their I140 approved in 37 - 60 days range :)
That BCIS bulletin doesn't appear to be really accurate.
Hope your application gets approved super fast too ;)

Qatrn said:
Thanks Grandphipal. It says to my notice of action to wait for 150-180 days before they process the application. Anyway, i will just wait and see. i just get excited when i read that some where processed and apprved in just 35 and 37 days under nebraska. Althogu I am still confused because when i read the bulletine in BCIS, they are processing only ht e application applied in ecemebr 2003 so it is still long road to travel huh!.
Hope to receive my approval also as earlier as those who posted above.....Have a nice day!!

ead/ap approved

EB2 Substitue PD 1999
AP/EAD/140/485
ND 06 MAY 2005
EAD
AD 10 JUN 2005
AP
AD 14 JUN 2005
coming soon..
coming soon..

Hi I was wondering what was your receipt date for I485 and on which date you received the AP. It has been more than 30 date since my I485 receipt date and I have not received my AP yet.

Can I also ask what do you mean by PD. I though they go by the RD for processing I485.

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.
JMC

JMJ said:
Hi Guys,

How can I find out if USCIS has asked for my Name Check ? If USCIS has asked, then How can I find out from FBI, the status of my name check ?

Friends,

Any idea which case NSC is working on right now for I-485 EB2 ? Are they goin by PD or RD ?

Good Luck Everyone !!

Thanks...
JMJ

------------------------
My case Details:

EB2 RIR PD : August 2003
I-140/I-485 Concurrent -Nebraska: March 2005
EAD/AP Approved : Apr 2005
FP Apr 2005
I-140 RFE & Approved : June 2005
I-485 : Pending

I unfortunately got a RFE on my I-140, don't know yet what it is for. I guess it's not such a big deal now that EB-3 visa numbers are unavailable.

I got my EAD approved in 32 days and will likely get my AP soon, based on denvergc123's info.

jmccoy123

jmccoy123 said:
Hi I was wondering what was your receipt date for I485 and on which date you received the AP.
RD stands for Receipt Date and PD stands for Priority Date . My I485 RD id March 2005 but my PD is Aug 2003.

It has been more than 30 date since my I485 receipt date and I have not received my AP yet.
I got my AP in 40 days after applying my I-140/I-485/AP/EAD concurrently. Hang in there, U should get it in the next 2 weeks or so.

Can I also ask what do you mean by PD. I though they go by the RD for processing I485.
U never know, sometimes NSC goes by PD sometimes by RD, but my observation is that they go by PD(especially in the post retro world,however EB2 is now current,don't know when will retro or become unavailable).

Thanks for taking time to answer my questions.
JMC

Give detaisl of RFE

mdh3000 said:
I unfortunately got a RFE on my I-140, don't know yet what it is for. I guess it's not such a big deal now that EB-3 visa numbers are unavailable.

I got my EAD approved in 32 days and will likely get my AP soon, based on denvergc123's info.

Hi. mdh3000

When ever you receive the detail of RFE for I-140 please can you post here. So that other also get benefited. Yap you are right now visa are unavailable . Hope some they will also think about EB 3 category also.

Great thread! See my signature for my application dates. Sorry, I didn't know this thread existed. So, I'd created a similar thread under NSC I-140 section. Here is the link:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=178792

My lawyer mailed my I-485/EAD/AP applications on June 9, 2005. It has been more than 2 weeks and I haven't received a receipt notice yet. How long does it normally take to get a receipt notice for semi-concurrent cases like mine. My I-140 receipt came back within a week. Also, there was an LUD on my I-140 on June 21, 2005. So far, it didn't mean anything.

edealfan said:
Great thread! See my signature for my application dates. Sorry, I didn't know this thread existed. So, I'd created a similar thread under NSC I-140 section. Here is the link:

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=178792

My lawyer mailed my I-485/EAD/AP applications on June 9, 2005. It has been more than 2 weeks and I haven't received a receipt notice yet. How long does it normally take to get a receipt notice for semi-concurrent cases like mine. My I-140 receipt came back within a week. Also, there was an LUD on my I-140 on June 21, 2005. So far, it didn't mean anything.

Hi edealfan,
You will receive receipt notice soon wait for 5 -6 days more. If you’re i-140 LUD change then that is the good sign. Hope you will get the approval soon.

FastTrackGC said:
Hi edealfan,
You will receive receipt notice soon wait for 5 -6 days more. If you’re i-140 LUD change then that is the good sign. Hope you will get the approval soon.

Thanks FastTrackGC. Yes, I am in no urgency. I will wait for another few weeks for the receipt notice before I start to worry about it. I thought my AOS application caused an LUD on the I-140 app.

mdh3000 said:

Hi mdh,

Have you had finger printing done yet? How long after filing I-485 they send FP notice. It has been more than month I haven't gotten mine yet.Neither did I get AP or EAD approval. If you don't mind can me write exact dates of finger printing details.

Thanks,
JM

jmccoy123 said:
Hi mdh,

Have you had finger printing done yet? How long after filing I-485 they send FP notice. It has been more than month I haven't gotten mine yet.Neither did I get AP or EAD approval. If you don't mind can me write exact dates of finger printing details.

Thanks,
JM

Nope, no fingerprint notice yet. It's been 6 weeks since my ND, so it's still pretty early. Apparently, when you get your fingerprint appointment depends on how busy your local USCIS office is.

Unfortunately, I still haven't heard what my I-140 RFE is about. It's been 2 weeks since the notice was mailed out.

mdh

I just found out what my RFE is for. The labor application requires someone with a "Chemistry BSc or equivalent" and "6 months experience".

I have a BSc in Pharmacology and a MSc in Chemistry from Canada. Apparently the USCIS doesn't think it meets the requirements. The lawyer thought it was pretty outrageous.

The lawyer is going to get another education evaluation and repond in the next few weeks.

Officer code: NSC/SPK WH193

I transferred a number of credits from one university to another, then completed my BSc. It appears that the USCIS thinks that I don't have a 4-year degree because of this. This is despite the fact that my transcripts list the courses I transferred as being required for the degree.

mdh